favicon

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I want to put my favicon on my message board but I can't work out which file the, <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico">
<link rel="icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/ico">, is supposed to go in?

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
That goes in the <head> </head> section of each page you want the icon to appear with :)

For most new messageboards you should be able to add bits to <head> content fairly painlessly, but if not you should find that there'll be a .php file called "header" or something that contains <head> content

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
If only it were so easy :) The meta tags for the message board go in overall_header but putting the favicon code there (like you would with a normal html page) doesn't work. I think I need to put the code where this stuff is:

<link rel="top" href="./index.php" title="Dream Message Board" />
<link rel="search" href="./search.php" title="Search" />

<link rel="help" href="./faq.php" title="FAQ" />
<link rel="author" href="./memberlist.php" title="Memberlist" />

but I can't find it, it shows up when you view page source from the message board but it isn't in the overall_header file like the meta tags are; where the above code is in view page source it says {NAV_LINKS} in overall_header.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
That's odd. I'm afraid I don't know then - I'm not a PHPBB user myself.

Erm, one thing: In your original post one of you <link /> tags has rel="icon" and the other rel="shortcut icon". Is that right? Is one wrong? Are you using the wrong one?

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
The second one is an extra that's supposed to help in some obscure browers but it isn't really needed I think.

pgh

Fledgling Freddie
Code:
		<title>:: p g h [dot] o r g [dot] u k</title>
		<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="main.css">
		<meta name="author" content="Michael Brannigan / pgh." />
		<meta name="description" content="Homepage" />
		<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
		<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico">

My <head> atm. Doesnt work in both FB and IE. *scratches head*. Even without the link IE is still supposed to automatically check if there is a 'favicon.ico' in the root directory and use it if so. Doesnt work either. I know you can just link to an external javascript which can set it but shouldnt need to do this. Anyone got another way? :)

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I works in Netcape too but not IE, I found this out last night :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom