Fave CD Burning Software?

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Just wondered what people's favourite CD/DVD burning software is, properly free ones and ones you pay for? By properly free I mean a program that is free forever and works properly without asking you to buy it every time you load it up.

I use Nero myself because it came with the hardware, but I'm working at this guy's house who just got a Dell recently that didn't come with Nero (and doesn't work with his old Nero), which wouldn't be a big deal only that's the only one he knows how to use properly and he's disabled to the extent that it's difficult to learn new stuff, plus he's extremely tight so would rather not spend too much, if anything at all. :)

Dommers

Fledgling Freddie
Sneeze cough splutter torrents sneeze cough splutter download nero sneeze cough splutter wink nudge

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I don't want to download anything on his computer where you have to download something else first to get it; he'll end up downloading all sorts of nasty virus-ridden crap when I'm not here. Had this trouble with Kazaa a year ago. I don't know if torrents is the same/a similar thing or not?

Dommers

Fledgling Freddie
You only need to download a spyware/virus free software. Google ABC and then go on to any torrent site. Add me on MSN and I'll invite you to one. You can always uninstall it afterwards. Saves a lot of money and the guy gets what he wants.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Okay, I finished there now, wont be back again till Friday aftrernoon.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
http://fileforum.betanews.com/search?search=deepburner

Deepburner has free and pro versions, but the free is not crippled in any significant way, and has no time limit. There is also a version which can run from your usb key - or your hdd, if you don't like your registry getting polluted.
Nero used to be the daddy, but I'm getting along fine with Deepburner and only occasionally fall back onto Alcohol 120%, which is the new daddy. Grandaddy. But better. It's like finding out you have some long lost relative who is emperor of some far flung hidden continent that is willing to give you tons of cash for whatever reason. As well as solve all your cd burning problems for you.

ok... ?

xane

Fledgling Freddie
As far as CD Burning goes, what is wrong with standard Windows XP (for data), or Windows Media Player (for audio) ?

I use an ancient copy of Easy Creator for Data DVDs. I stayed away from Nero because of the InCD adaptor is not as good as DirectCD.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Dommers said:
BitTorrent stuff

Dommers, please stop it. Plugging and giving instructions for obtaining software, music, films etc. through naughty means is in breach of the CoC. Not to mention the general annoyance caused by 'coughcoughcoughbitorrenthahahahahahaha' posts.

As for CD Burning, I've found myself in the odd situation of just using native operating system stuff of late. The only CDs I tend to burn are music compliations, which iTunes does beautifully. Chucking a bit of data on a disk is handled capably by the built-in Windows and MacOSX functionality.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I agree, to be honest the guy in question only copies holiday photos and music files onto CDs for storage, he's a bit obsessed with it actually, party because of being slightly brain damaged from a car accident. He knows he can copy stuff using Windows XP, but it's a bit annoying for him; he only has slight use of his left arm from the elbow down (he's pretty much Quadripledic) and even that's not perfect, so prefers the layout of programs where he can see everything at once and not forget what he's doing through having to flick between screen and folders etc, which takes ages with tricky mouse manipulation.

I'll give the one Mazling suggested a try when I go and see him tomorrow. :)

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Maljonic said:
...having to flick between screen and folders etc, which takes ages with tricky mouse manipulation.

He's aware of the accessibility tools in Windows yeah? And critically the Alt+Tab shortcut for window switching? You can get some keyboards that have dedicated window switching buttons too, that could help him. Different topic though ;)

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, we've been through all that, tried everything to do with disabilities on windows, sticky keys and so on; he's also had a special extra keyboard in the past but it was a pain in the arse, he's been on computers like he is for about 4 years now so he's pretty good at what he can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom