Advice Faulty goods?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm not disputing that in any way, I'm just merely pointing out why WEX are doing what they are at the moment.
WEX will have to get it fixed within a reasonable time (cannot remember what it is defined as), if they fail after that, then they will simply have to issue a new lens, Big G note the serial number!, or reimburse the price paid for it. Simple. It really does pay to know the UK retail laws as many retailers expect that you don't and will feed you crap so they can get away with stuff.

Embattle

FH is my second home
WEX will have to get it fixed within a reasonable time (cannot remember what it is defined as), if they fail after that, then they will simply have to issue a new lens, Big G note the serial number!, or reimburse the price paid for it. Simple. It really does pay to know the UK retail laws as many retailers expect that you don't and will feed you crap so they can get away with stuff.

Firstly I know this is what he can do after a reasonable amount of time, secondly many people think they know retail law and actually don't.

It'll be a win for G any way.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Long story short after me getting rather annoyed with Wex, Kenro have acknowledged the lens is shagged and I will be receiving a brand new lens.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Big G said:
Long story short after me getting rather annoyed with Wex, Kenro have acknowledged the lens is shagged and I will be receiving a brand new lens.

You dirty pig! Stop shagging lenses!

old.user4556

Well the new lens arrived this morning, and it's still not right.

It's much better than the previous lens I had, but it still exhibits the same issue on my Canon EOS 7D - it will not focus to infinity properly. When I zoom the lens in from 11mm to around 14mm, then infinity focus is achievable, but between 11mm and 14mm - nope.

Sigh. Better get on the phone to Wex.

old.user4556

If Canon made a lens in this class, i'd snap their hand off for it. Tokina is the only manufacturer that does an APS-C ultra wide f/2.8 zoom this good, the Canon equivalent is the EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-f/4.5 and it's not as sharp as the Tokina not to mention the lack of f/2.8.

old.user4556

You know, that sensor size that still has better dynamic range and low ISO noise than Canon's 5 year old sensor tech that they're still putting into their brand new bodies? :p

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Sorry, that sentence doesn't fit unless I use a wide angle lens to try and fudge a normal focal lens length.

( :( )

old.user4556

I know eh, damn these silly crop multipliers - these shitty medium format systems will never do with their 0.8x multiplier - stupid 50mm is only a 40mm. My photos will suck so bad.

old.user4556

You're the Bodhi of Canon :p, YOU KNOWS IT.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Sorry, please read your Sony posts back and laugh at your lack of self-awareness.

:)

old.user4556

I wouldn't touch a Sony DSLR with a barge pole personally, and their lens line-up needs a lot of work (I've already said that). Their insidious ways into Nikon, Sony (obv), Pentax, Olympus and Canon P&S bodies is having a very positive effect on the camera world as their sensors are simply better.

Any advancement / competition is good and healthy, and I feel that Canon and Nikon aren't innovating, probably because they don't have to because they have the pro sector nicely stitched up. If it takes someone like Sony to shake up the prosumer market, then so be it - maybe I'll eventually get a Canon 8D or 7D Mk2 with ISO 100 noise performance that's worthy of 2012 and not 2008.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
You moan so much about ISO 100 performance. Honestly, there's nothing wrong with it. :D

old.user4556

Bitch

Please

For the money Canon charge for their bodies, they should unzip my trousers and perform fellatio. They should be flawless, the best performing, blow the competition away; but they don't and it's frustrating a lot of people (like me) that are tired of running noise reduction on ISO 100 images because of blotchy noise and horrible banding artifacts.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Bitch

Please

For the money Canon charge for their bodies, they should unzip my trousers and perform fellatio. They should be flawless, the best performing, blow the competition away; but they don't and it's frustrating a lot of people (like me) that are tired of running noise reduction on ISO 100 images because of blotchy noise and horrible banding artifacts.

But we all know the mkII is now irrelevant and poopy now because a new one is out!!!!11111

Honestly haven't seen the banding issues discussed from mkII in my mkIII images.

They might be there if you really, really hunt for them but I can't spot anything wrong. As an all-round camera I can't say I'd go for anything else. I might give a crap about it if I was solely into landscapes and wanted perfect fidelity in everything but I don't. I don't see the point in getting all uppity about a lack of technical perfection.

old.user4556

Well it really depends on what your use of the camera is; for me I want as low noise and as much DR as I can get at ISO 100 specifically.

The banding becomes a lot more evident as you start to manipulate the image in any way and gets very obvious if you push the exposure / shadow detail. I had to start taking two exposures and blend bits on PS afterwards due to the grotty shadow performance.

Since you're taking images of LOL, you should be fine ;).

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I could always take some badly exposed photos and repair them to prove either one of us right? ;)

old.user4556

Who needs proof when you've got the internetZ!

old.user4556

Joking aside, I'm not knocking the 5D MK3 at all - I was at a wedding a week ago (I was the best man) and was chatting to the photographer who was running two Mk3s. I got a good look at it and it's a great unit - it feels exactly like my 7D except full-frame with the obvious awesome glass choices to go with it and it's 1D AF system. It'll do sports and landscape, it's just for me the NEX 7 does the landscape part with better DR and resolution for a quarter of the price. Can't ignore that.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Absolutely.

But in return I'm allowed to mock you because you bought a camera by people that make hifi systems, bad mobile phones and non-industry standard batteries (unless they've stopped doing that now, the fecking idiots) ;)

old.user4556

Sony are a bit of a loss-making joke, they need to tidy their shit up.

I'm starting to think I might ask Wex if I can pay the difference on the Canon 10-22mm EF-S and scrap the whole f/2.8 idea. If I need it that badly I can look at picking up a cheap Samyang 14mm f/2.8 (not quite wide enough, but it might do the job).

old.user4556

Wex have said "yep, can upgrade to the Canon 10-22mm for ~£80".

WHAT DO YOU THINK GLENN?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom