News Fat Scotland?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
So they aren't actually poor they are just rubbish at picking what to spend money on?

Fags food and booze, I suppose its a life long student lifestyle.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I know that mate, but unfortunately the people who arnt like that seem to be in the minority, and most of them live in England anyway :)

It's no different to the rest of the UK, it has plenty nice people and plenty of horrible people. You do know that Scotland outperforms the rest of the UK for unemployment figures? Therefore we're not as lazy at you seem to think :).

Yeah I have been to Scotland. And I know there are decent people there. I can also see, just by seeing who they vote for, that other people in Scotland

a) think Braveheart was real

b) think that voting SNP will get them free handouts for the rest of thier lives, thus saving them the trouble of working.

c) they can do this using the excuse of Scottish Nationalism, when really they give up every right they ever had, just to get a weekly handout.

All due respect Throd, you're a great man, but that's a bit of a sweeping generalisation isn't it? If you look at the general election for 2005, you'll see that most of it went to Labour and Lib Dem, not the SNP. The only reason, in my opinion, that the SNP hold a majority in the Scottish Parliament is because it's the best of a bad bunch up here - Labour are collapsing at the seams and I don't see the Scottish Tories making inroads into the Scottish Parliament anytime soon.

As for hand outs, I presume you're referring to the common view that the south-east subsidises Scotland? I resent that quite strongly (true or not); I'm British, I have a British passport, I was born in Scotland, my grandparents on my dad's side are from Ealing near London. There was a demand for work in Scotland, so they moved up here. It just so happens my employer is based in Edinburgh, so I reside up here like a large number of Scots do; not because we want to get fat, be lazy and have the English hand us money. I hate pro-England fuckwittery as much as I hate pro-Scotland fuckwittery. Believe me, if the SNP have their way with their local income tax, I will be paying a lot more per month to subsidise my fellow Scots too. I don't want the SNP and I don't want an independent Scotland.

We're a nation of less than 6 million people, less than greater London, so we represent less than 10% of the UK population. I think Britain has bigger fish to fry personally.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Same reasons smoking and alcoholism is higher among the poor.

strange, as they're pretty expensive hobbies last time I checked!

It's a good thing Will has not come back and seen this, he'd have ban sticked the lot of us ;p

he's too busy playing borderlands :)

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
I reckon it's the weather (going out to run in the pissing rain is not fun - no matter what you think) coupled with a desire to drink too much.

Being a Scotsman and all.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
G have you been to that new Darksky park yet, Galloway or something?

I was working in Carlisle the other night and fancied getting some shots of the Milky Way near Kendal, but the clouds came in. I'd love to have a clear night in that Galloway place, or the highlands.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
G have you been to that new Darksky park yet, Galloway or something?

Not yet, but I read about it on the news - the area is Dumfries and Galloway, you can bet your bollocks to a barn dance I'll be going to see it!

The location is Galloway Forest Park, probably a 3 hour drive for me:

Google Maps

throdgrain

FH is my second home
It's no different to the rest of the UK, it has plenty nice people and plenty of horrible people. You do know that Scotland outperforms the rest of the UK for unemployment figures? Therefore we're not as lazy at you seem to think :).

All due respect Throd, you're a great man, but that's a bit of a sweeping generalisation isn't it? If you look at the general election for 2005, you'll see that most of it went to Labour and Lib Dem, not the SNP. The only reason, in my opinion, that the SNP hold a majority in the Scottish Parliament is because it's the best of a bad bunch up here - Labour are collapsing at the seams and I don't see the Scottish Tories making inroads into the Scottish Parliament anytime soon.

As for hand outs, I presume you're referring to the common view that the south-east subsidises Scotland? I resent that quite strongly (true or not); I'm British, I have a British passport, I was born in Scotland, my grandparents on my dad's side are from Ealing near London. There was a demand for work in Scotland, so they moved up here. It just so happens my employer is based in Edinburgh, so I reside up here like a large number of Scots do; not because we want to get fat, be lazy and have the English hand us money. I hate pro-England fuckwittery as much as I hate pro-Scotland fuckwittery. Believe me, if the SNP have their way with their local income tax, I will be paying a lot more per month to subsidise my fellow Scots too. I don't want the SNP and I don't want an independent Scotland.

We're a nation of less than 6 million people, less than greater London, so we represent less than 10% of the UK population. I think Britain has bigger fish to fry personally.

No mate I meant handouts from any government in order to keep them on the dole. I cant imagine ANYONE voting for the SNP, they make Labour look right wing. The SNP are currently in the process of banning AIR RIFLES for gods sake. Whats next, catapults? Actually they probably are banned already :) Spoons?? I dunno.

Yeah of course it was a sweeping generalisation, I realise that, but thats why I said I know there are decent people there. They just seem to be outnumbered :(

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
An indipendant scotland is a very bad idea, i dont understand the need to split Great Britain up at all

I am scotland born and bred and lived in london last 10 years

rynnor

Rockhound
Not really on topic but since someone brought independance up...

I have given it some thought and if the majority really want it then of course they must be able to go independant but I hope cooler heads will prevail.

Other than some nationalistic chest-thumping independance would be very bad for scotland and the remainder of the UK - I hope people come to realise this.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Someone on TV the other day was saying that if the Conservatives win the next General Election it would more than likely sway the Scots to vote for independence...

Vae

Resident Freddy
If that happens then Labour are screwed because they depend on the Scottish Labour MP's for their current majority.

taB

Part of the furniture
Will be spending Christmas in the autonomous region of Jockland. Can't bloody wait even though it's an 8 hour drive on Chrimbo Eve night. Am hoping for some crisp days to go for a good wander.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
You should watch the Westcountry News then, its all 'This week a dog fell in a pond lololol!! tune in next week to see if theres rain during Wells summer fete!'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom