News Fat Scotland?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
to keep themselves warm ? everyone knows they like to not have to spend any money ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Fat my arse, the majority of the weight comes from having a manly beerbelly! :drink:

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Strange, when I visit Will in Edinburgh, I don't notice particularly fat people. Ofc Edin is student central, perhaps they can't afford a fried mars bar or a heart stopper?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Strange, when I visit Will in Edinburgh, I don't notice particularly fat people. Ofc Edin is student central, perhaps they can't afford a fried mars bar or a heart stopper?

edinburgh is an old city tho, narrow streets, small doorways....

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
It's true; Scotland is full of fat, lazy, boozing wastes of space.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
The answer is Poverty.

Edinburgh is well off..

old.user4556

Poverty my arse, the answer is lazy fat self-pitying squallor.

It's a bit of a vicious cycle though isnt it, there is a blatant lack of will to achieve (read: lazy) which leads to poverty.

Not all of Scotland is like this.

rynnor

Rockhound
Isnt the scottish diet generally quite high cal traditionally due to the cold etc. but hasnt really adapted to people not working outside all day thus leading to excess calories = overweight?

I dont think the scottish are alone in this - a lot of the north of england have similar diets and the same issues.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
It's a bit of a vicious cycle though isnt it, there is a blatant lack of will to achieve (read: lazy) which leads to poverty.

Not all of Scotland is like this.

I know that mate, but unfortunately the people who arnt like that seem to be in the minority, and most of them live in England anyway :)

Chilly

Balls of steel
obesity is a sign of a fucked society imo. it means children are not brought up properly with respect to restraint, routine, work ethic and a desire to shag the fittest birds!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Being overweight is associated with stupid people. Edinburgh is quite well off....

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
bear in mind glasgow and edin are only 2 parts of scotland. Its like labelling everyone in england the same based on london

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Scotland is quite possibly the most beautiful part of Britain. Its a crying shame that there are so many fatties, surrounded by so much beauty.

old.user4556

Yes, it's the populated parts that are the problems. :)

Edit: I'll post a more constructive and better thought out post tomorrow (top gear soon plus i'm too tired atm :p) on this subject because I have some interesting things to share with you being a local and having lived in different areas of Scotland.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I live in Parkhead - tons of people here have no working adults in the household, we're the only one in our street that has both adults working full time. That means a lot of sitting about on yer backside! We're not talking about recently unemployed either, it's a family thing, none of them have ever worked from grandpa to grandson. Why bother when they can get just as much off the state for sipping methadone?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
you ever actually been to scotland? where i am from everyone there are farmers, up at 4am and work till sunset

Yeah I have been to Scotland. And I know there are decent people there. I can also see, just by seeing who they vote for, that other people in Scotland

a) think Braveheart was real

b) think that voting SNP will get them free handouts for the rest of thier lives, thus saving them the trouble of working.

c) they can do this using the excuse of Scottish Nationalism, when really they give up every right they ever had, just to get a weekly handout.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I have never worked out how people can blame being a fatty on poverty.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Maybe they are the poorest because they spend all thier money on fags and pies?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Isnt the scottish diet generally quite high cal traditionally due to the cold etc. but hasnt really adapted to people not working outside all day thus leading to excess calories = overweight?

I dont think the scottish are alone in this - a lot of the north of england have similar diets and the same issues.

Nice try, but a quick look at Scandinavia knocks that idea on the head. On the other hand its obviously not just doleite culture to blame either (Northern Ireland has similar levels of unemployment and similar genetics but isn't generally as lardy), I think its booze more than anything else; buckfast for breakfast isn't a great idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom