Fasthosts Domains

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Howdy chaps.

Fasthosts just e-mailed me with the LOL funny suggestion that my next .com renewal should be £12 for a single year.

So, any chance you chaps could let me know what your domain renewal prices have been lately so I can pick somewhere else that's sensible.

Cheers!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
When I was shopping around for .coms a few months back, £12 a year seemed standard and I don't remember seeing anything cheaper. Went with a .co.uk in the end for £12 for 2 years iirc.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I got an email from Vidahost just a few weeks ago saying...
These extensions are managed by Verisign on behalf of ICANN, the world's domain name body. Earlier this year the root price of both .COM and .NET was increased for the fourth time. At Vidahost we have always attempted to keep our prices steady, however in this instance we have had to review our domain pricing.

Currently we charge you £6.49/year for both .COM and .NET extensions. From Saturday, new registrations will be increased to £7.49/year. For your existing domains we have tried to lessen the impact - your renewal price will only be £6.99/year.
I host with them as well but that doesn't have any bearing on the domain registration prices (except for the 50p discount ofc).

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
£8 plays £12, that's a third cheaper. Cheers caLLous.

Anyone got anything that beats that?

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Just don't get web hosting from GoDaddy.. I did last month and it's terribly slow for some fucked up reason.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Thanks Embattle.

Not sure about GoDaddy to be honest chaps, especially with the USofA doing what they want when they want to the internet.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Avoid GoDaddy.

Our .com/.net/.org domains for work are with Hover. Bit more expensive than all the cheap registrars, but they have phone support, you don't have to click through 20 screens to register the domain, and the control panel is easy to use.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
I register all mine with Tera-Byte/Redirection.net but I haven't actually looked at the pricing in ages, so I might be getting ripped off. The service is excellent though.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Cheers chaps. Moved them to Vidahost for the moment. I decided to move all the domains I've got there mostly because all the UK ones didn't cost anything to transfer and I was fed up of being ripped off (fasthosts) or using an awful control panel (123-reg).

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah I really do quite like the control panel and management of stuff on vidahost, and they are very prompt when it comes to answering support tickets as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom