Far Cry 3

Aada

Part of the furniture
Looks like they were high when they thought this sheet up.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Blood Dragon looks amazing. Planning on trying it this weekend. I love the trailer with the dude taking the piss as he liberates the dragon from the camp.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I'm still not sick of the ridiculous one liners and utter insanity of this game and I'm about half way through.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
"Send for a medic so I can kill him too!"

Excellent game!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Really struggling to play this without a big grin on my face.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Played about 3 hours of Far Cry 3 and it's pretty good. Like the mechanics n stuff.

HOWEVER. Two things:

1) Consoley wanky menu SHITE. It's fucking painfully shit.

2) WELL fucked off about the draw distance. It's horrid. What's the point of climbing to the top of a mountain if everything is distance blued and blurred to fuckkery about 3 feet in front of you. World of Warcraft has a much bigger draw distance FFS. It's UGLY.

Fuck consoles. Fuck them in the ear.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
You can disable the DOF thing. You do like a good moan though so you probably still won't be happy. :)

I loved Far Cry 3, it was one of my favourite games from last year. It was certainly the one that surpassed my expectations the most.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'll try that @Xalara, ta.

Looking at that thread - it looks like it should be enabled by default for PC's. Certainly not a config file fix.

More consoley wank ;)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'll try that @Xalara, ta.

Looking at that thread - it looks like it should be enabled by default for PC's. Certainly not a config file fix.

More consoley wank ;)
Xalara got credit for the work Callous did!

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR NOT HAVING AN AVATAR!

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I genuinely thought it was the same person posting those two messages. Bloody Frenchies.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
So I've played it through again, on the harder difficulty. Blitzed through the story in double time (I chose the other ending this time), spent most of the time gaining XP and becoming awesome with all the skills and crafting stuffs.

Warning: if you're going to reset the outposts after you've taken them all, don't do so from within an outpost. I did it without even thinking (came out of the weapons hut/store bit on the last outpost I'd just taken and went into the menu to reset them all) and I had the most epic 30 minute battle with nasty people and dogs and helicopters and a bear. It was brilliant. :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hmm I shall give that postFX thing a try, because tbh I find FC3 to be a pile of wank, and not in a good way :-/

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I wouldn't, it looks worse with it disabled imo. Just enjoy the game for being a fantastic game and stop sounding like Scouse. :(

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
lols. I want to see if there is a setting I enjoy. surely that's not so evil (not calling you evil, Scouse :-P)?

Anyway, tbh the most visually pleasing setting, to me, is "Low". it's a bit of an odd render effect imo: either you get pretty foreground and vague background and motion blur with Ultra, or you get normal backgrounds, and foreground looks like cack with False. PostFxQuality=Low seems to choose the middle ground of mild cackness for everything. since my paltry upstream is grunting inder the impaling thrust of trying to upload a 500MB file to the tube of you at a meagre 150kb/s, I will post a link tomorrow!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Put them on vimeo, they are much more gentle when it comes to compressing the video.

And I didn't like disabling the postfx because it made everything look so sharp and fake. I like the DOF effects, I'm not overly fussed about the draw distance, I was very happy with how the game looked and it ran just lovely on my HD 7970 GHz. I think I played through with everything on Ultra, I usually ramp it all up as high as possible and then take it back a notch until the FPS is acceptable. As I said, I liked the "vague" background, with postfx off all of those distant islands/hills/mountains/whatevers were sharply focussed and it just didn't sit right with me.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I liked the "vague" background, with postfx off all of those distant islands/hills/mountains/whatevers were sharply focussed and it just didn't sit right with me.

Coming from a PC gaming background being fisted with vague backgrounds and low draw distances made me feel like I was being fobbed off with shite because they couldn't be arsed optimising for a clearly superior-to-console platform.

The gameplay wasn't enough to distract from that for me unfortunately. I wanged through the story as fast as I could - which was OK (not great).

Blood Dragon? Completely different kettle of fish - it wasn't trying to provide "pretty" or "realistic" - just fun, so I could cut it a lot more slack. It's not like I bash Papers Please for having old graphics and Quake 3 Arena is still a laugh.

FC3 was supposed to be "ooh look at this" - but it was "meh, 5 years too late"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom