Far Cry 3

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

Looks good, out next week. It's got some great review scores.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
/grump ON

The cross-platform-ness means that it's something else that's not going to push any boundaries and come with all the limitations that console shooters come with tbfh.

It may be a great little game, but I think I'm done for paying for cross-platform anything from now on.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm really enjoying this. I'm spending more time just larking about taking over outposts and radio towers rather than the story (which is more a reflection of the utterly absorbing environment than any fault with the story). The island itself is fucking epic.
Burning ganja fields to the ground and this tune kicks in. Awesome.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Am enjoying it ATM. Only played three or so hours so far though

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I really like it. However, it gets a bit boring if you take the outposts out because then you only really fight the odd bit of angry wildlife. It looks OK, not exactly cutting edge, some of the textures are little on the bland side when up close, lovely long distance view. The weapon choice is a little on the restricted side too and there doesn't feel like a lot of difference in them.

Athan

Resident Freddy
I really like it. However, it gets a bit boring if you take the outposts out because then you only really fight the odd bit of angry wildlife.
Oh, so in FC3 if you take down an outpost it's gone for good? FC2 pissed me off slightly that if I went more than a fairly short distance from the roadblock I'd just cleared it would get repopulated. It meant I took to mostly avoiding them just to save travel time.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yup, once you've taken them over they remain yours. You can zip around the map between outposts that you control with fast travel.

And once you've activated a radio tower, it remains activated.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Just done the weed plantation mission. Fantastic stuff.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah it is. :)

I really like how there are no two outposts the same; they all present completely different challenges. There's a real feeling of satisfaction when you go through one all stealthy like and get 1500 xp points for not being detected. Some of the takedown skills are GREAT.

A game mode that randomly generates outposts to take over would be fun.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
oo didnt realise there was a 1500xp for not being detected ... so far i have been snipering out the alarm controls and then picking off the defenders .. will have to try the not detected version

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The best way I have found is to takedown your way through a couple of guys so you can get to one of the alarms and properly disable it. If you shoot one, it only takes that 1 out but if you're standing in front of an alarm and you disable it, it knocks them all out.

I also just picked up a silenced pistol called the Shadow which is an absolute fucking beauty for taking guards out undetected.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I have a silenced sniper rifle, silenced assault rifle and a silenced SMG. Very handy :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's a bit rubbish that you can't have more than 2 attachments on a weapon. There's no good reason I can't have a silencer, better scope and an extended magazine other than a meaningless cap. Silenced sniping is great fun, especially when hunting. But this pistol is fucking beastly, I love it. Silenced, little to no recoil, extended clip - it's awesome.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Patch v1.05...
Single Player
New features

Outpost Reset: After conquering all outposts and completing/acquiring the end game achievement/state, the player can reset the outposts in the gameplay options menu.
This is a good thing. There are some outposts that I remember wanting to do over and over again.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah, it gets a bit boring when you only meet angry wildlife too.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Gets repetitive after a while. Childishly funny it is, blowing up stuff with explosives tho.

Just done the weed plantation mission. Fantastic stuff.

Aye, was a nice touch with the Jamaican-ish soundtrack on the side while blowing everything sky high.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
le 40% off for 40 hours on Steam, its 15 quid give or take

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Just got it, loving the combat. Not so much loving that the multiplayer wasn't working :(

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Really enjoying this game. Glad the outposts can be reset, love taking them over. Haven't unlocked the southern island yet, haven't bothered too much with the collectibles but upgraded all my gear with hunting. Like the fact that I am passing green plants and thinking I should harvest those before I move on. The Flame thrower may not be as impressive in the jungle compared to the dry grass of FC2, but is still very useful. Its a great way of dealing with hungry wildlife. Have started to get creative with my outpost take overs involving Mines and C4 loaded on jeeps as well as fire arrows and knife kills.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah I didn't bother much with the collectibles when I was playing through the game but after I'd finished it I went back around (it's easy by jumping around between the conquered outposts) and picking up everything so I could upgrade everything fully (ammo pouches etc).

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I spent all my time using the bow & arrow, probably ruined it a bit :(

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
bow is awesome :D
im almost fully upgraded from hunting, only missing 3 bits.. using atm;
silenced sniper rifle , the american one
bow + arrows + fire arrows
silenced rifle
flamethrower - find it insta kills wildlife, including tigers etc, worth carrying for that

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I was swimming in some bay somewhere after doing one of the missions and there was this manta ray and I killed it, thinking "that's gonna get me an awesome upgrade". But it didn't. I felt like such an asshole. :(

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Blood Dragon looks so awesome man! Watched some gameplay videos of it and it's absolutely ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom