FAO: Wrathofsauron

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
hehe u c u pressed a single button when Zoy's crue jumped off the wall yesterday and u got them all.
1 button = no skill
1 button pressed in the right place and time = skill ;)

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
well there is a differance between useing only df, and haveing it as a backupstyle also useing SS/IB ;o (wich does like 15 - 20% more per hit) - and since thats one of the few simple things a tank has to do (pull of positionals) if you cant do that then imo you are lazy, or suck :p

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
Soru, it's easy to judge the player which left the game long time ago using current criterions.
The game has changed pretty much since that time. Actually it's another game we are playing atm. And Wrathofsauron was ok as zerker in the game we've been playing 1.5 years ago.

Spix

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe,
Wrathofsauron had a hot temper can agree on that, but if you spend alot of time in RVR you can get realy annoyed, Telling the shaman to redo End regen/resists for the 100th time can get on the nerves.
Most people log after 2th time getting zerged, Wrath atleast tried to beat the enemies by either correct the missing link in group ie yell funny words in caps or call in some backup, , kicked the random skald that ran off after a solo stealther leaving rest of group without speed etc mostly constructive acts I must say.

The FOTM mentality is so big on excalibur that complaining about Wrath taking the game way to serious is very double standard, he played the way he liked and didnt force anyone to join hes groups.

well there is a differance between useing only df, and haveing it as a backupstyle also useing SS/IB ;o (wich does like 15 - 20% more per hit) - and since thats one of the few simple things a tank has to do (pull of positionals) if you cant do that then imo you are lazy, or suck

Why use those styles when you kill most in 2 hits with DF?
only a retard would try use positionals when not needed.
And how hard is it to use pos styles?, I doubt he didnt know how to use them... and fail to see the point using them when you are MA in the groups.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
Spix said:
only a retard would try use positionals when not needed.

if you pull of positionals chance to kill is still higher, target could be healed etc, and if you allways try to pull of positionals it gets alot easier to do so after a while ;o but with you reason like that it probably doesnt matter for you, since your probably that kind of player who goes to emain and gets farmed and doesnt really bother to do it all to the max etc :eek:

also you know an MA doesnt just have to stick and attack his targets from the back, since there is no collision detection in daoc, you can run thru and land back pos all the time

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Summoner said:
And about playstyle: that DF pwnage was reasonable and very effective at that time. Most zerker had DF/SB + SS on their bars and that was far enough. Why do you need to perform complex combination if you have the same result of using primitive basic moves?

What other styles does a zerker need these days? :eek: Doublefrost does still slightly more dmg than sword anytimes, SS does slightly more dmg than Ragnarok with the benefit of having 2 follow up styles which have nice dmg with no position requirement. Haven't so far found any other styles to be worth the QB space for group rvr as sword zerker. With axe spec I had havoc/tyrs on QB, but still used mostly SS with DF backup.

Also agree with the part about wrath being strong leader. He may have been annoying at times, I never was in RG but played quite a bit with him... yes he maybe mostly spammed doublefrost but he also made things happen and played the game instead of crying like some others. ;) Dunno if it had happened if zerkers were not as overpowered as they were tho. ;)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Summoner said:
hehe u c u pressed a single button when Zoy's crue jumped off the wall yesterday and u got them all.
1 button = no skill
1 button pressed in the right place and time = skill ;)

actually it was :

Herbal healing on mg (between the walls, she was pretty sneaky)), i go and pbae her. She jumps, i jump after, nuke her down but she fires EoY just before she dies. Dudes rezzed, i ae mezz them then QC pbae :)

see signature for result :eek: that means i iz skillzored? :p

ps.: roleplaying herbal as a she, note if it sux :x

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:
if you pull of positionals chance to kill is still higher, target could be healed etc, and if you allways try to pull of positionals it gets alot easier to do so after a while ;o but with you reason like that it probably doesnt matter for you, since your probably that kind of player who goes to emain and gets farmed and doesnt really bother to do it all to the max etc :eek:

also you know an MA doesnt just have to stick and attack his targets from the back, since there is no collision detection in daoc, you can run thru and land back pos all the time

+pulling off pos gives some sort of a challenge as a tank instead of "spam the button m8r" feeling which can get extremly BoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoring after a while. (tried spaming wildcall only with svg for 1 nite, never again so fucking boring :p)

Tiki

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:

pos styles were used frequently, I think that wos, guardsxmen & Co did well for thier time. More often then not the target would turn his back to u and run anyways, so your words of wise wisdom dont hold much substance. With 3-4 zerkers in the assist train i doguht many of them even had the opportunity to use IB, SS maybe ;) . Your zerkers style of play didnt bring anything we didnt already know about the class at that stage in the game. Slow main hand fast off and bang at a target as many times with SS/IB and watch for shield users when vendo.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Nerf im lazy i wish i had a uber DF like style i could spam but nooooooooooooo it wasnt to be!!:)

Lizz

Fledgling Freddie
Well, it was ment to Wrath this thread ;)

No doubt he had many friends and foe.
And in my case, he ipmroved my skills, i didnt like it when hes wrath was opun me for not landm,heal,interupt etc,..so the fear made me shapen up.

Btw my point is, he said to me he come back in the "so called rvr patch" and i refered to NF, so i wonder if he intended to come back soon, as he have to do ToA first anyway.

Nice to see so many opinions, bring back memories from the old days.
Have a nice day all..am still :drink:

Wot-do

Fledgling Freddie
Wrath was a good player but time kinda passed him, running 2-3 fgs and zerker leading grp, lack of good players to grp in guild, (no offense).

This talk about all he did was spamming double frost is not true, he always bragged about his nice hits in zerk mode with icy brilliance, and used backup styles aswell afaik, thought everyone learned to use backup styles in pve :D

Really doubt he is coming back, he was very tired of the community, not the game when he left. Think it got abit extreme with all that RG zerg etc, sure I remember RG ran 2-3 fg at some points, but later on they had ~4-5 ppl in emain and everyone yelled RG zerg.

Lizz

Fledgling Freddie
Wot-do said:
Wrath was a good player but time kinda passed him, running 2-3 fgs and zerker leading grp, lack of good players to grp in guild, (no offense).

This talk about all he did was spamming double frost is not true, he always bragged about his nice hits in zerk mode with icy brilliance, and used backup styles aswell afaik, thought everyone learned to use backup styles in pve :D

Really doubt he is coming back, he was very tired of the community, not the game when he left. Think it got abit extreme with all that RG zerg etc, sure I remember RG ran 2-3 fg at some points, but later on they had ~4-5 ppl in emain and everyone yelled RG zerg.

Yes we used to run 2-3fg, but last year we 90% time runned FG, and ofcourse every active rvr'er know that.

And you are so right m8, and I think i have to take some of the blame for RG not become a pure high rr guild who own total.
I have invited to much ppl in the purpose of allways have a fg roaming primetime.
Im to softhearted and like every1.

Look at NP,
My impression is they are the most succefull guild in daoc/exc history.
No1 leaves np, even if hardly none np online for a long time,..when they come they come hard, the most respected guild in daoc imo.
And dont givf me the shit about radar, anti grapple what ever,..thing is u cant kill em even if u use radar and land em from behind, when they are out hard.

I hope u all have fun when u rvr, and :cheers: all =)

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Dont think you could call them most respected guild becus they best tho? only in a matter of respected enemies, but guilds are more than beeing good in rvr, (tho not all mids understand that, from the times when 30 JH-wannabe guilds popped every day ;))

Jerelyn

One of Freddy's beloved
oh please don't bring that fucker back! oh god he is the most annoying loudspeaker ever.

-Jerelyn *with new nemesis*

nol

Fledgling Freddie
um I seriously don't see what difference 10% + makes in a post nerf zerker assist train, do you get to kill the dead guy more?

Stunned

Fledgling Freddie
The RG zerg period only lasted a few weeks and was climaxed by Tykas radarwhines. But when looking back I feel ashamed to have ran 2 FGs. But Its like all things on forums overexagerated.

I guess You develop in a game and what You did for awhile makes no sence 1.5 years later !? So the ppl who still zerg 24/7 is a mystery for me if they played the game for some years. Currently the group I play/ed in on pryd gets killed alot over and over by mids. But woudlnt dream on zerging them just to win, whats the point really. Learn or admit others are better and improve.

Best RG fun however was to start on hib pryd and lay the beggarrampage on the poor hibbies in Domnan so we could get those 20+ ppl going. Remember laughing so i cried irl. :wub:

Olgaline

FH is my second home
wrath was/is an icon weather you liked him or not tbh.
and tailing him on keep takes/retakes could be seriously funny tbh,
i remember once i had the "mis fortune" of grp'ing with him in emain, with my at the time lvl 48 shaman and being new at the time i ofc didnt have a clue what i was doing, so ofc he started shouting at me, i didnt know about him at that time, so i basicly told him to shut up and lighten up, he threw a few more phrases at me and logged in the middle of emain :)

Sulphur

Fledgling Freddie
Olgaline said:
wrath was/is an icon weather you liked him or not tbh.
and tailing him on keep takes/retakes could be seriously funny tbh,
i remember once i had the "mis fortune" of grp'ing with him in emain, with my at the time lvl 48 shaman and being new at the time i ofc didnt have a clue what i was doing, so ofc he started shouting at me, i didnt know about him at that time, so i basicly told him to shut up and lighten up, he threw a few more phrases at me and logged in the middle of emain :)

lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom