FAO Sorcs of this realm.

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
Alhanna is my oldest and was most loved character. What seems like many years ago when she first made level 50 I was keen for RVR and that is where I met some very good friends. I tried and tried but failed and then moved onto more sneaky ways in Cryissa. Recently with her Template and many artifacts finished I try again. After 2.5 hours with 21 deaths and only 5k rps to her name I call it a night.

To all the good Sorcs out there I take my hat off to you and don't know how you do it. Even vs two low rangers I feel I am letting down the good Albion name when I cannot beat them with full buffs and even a ML9 pet up! Yes it is true I am what we call in my country NESKE at being a sorc. Should I give up? I don't know I need to sleep on this. But to know that I can earn very good RP's with little death rate on other charcters makes it hard for me to carry on with my Alhanna. It is a joke I am very mad at right now. Yes QQ and all that in a big way!

So once again to those sorcs out there mezzing the rest and earning good RPS I salute you!

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
are u RR5 ? :p if so use that then they will hit for like 30 dmg while the pet hit them for 500+ :p

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
I suppose getting a chain stunning chicken might help.

2v1, root 1, set pet on other & kite until you have enough distance then..........lifetap lifetap lifetap you have opd lifetap

Amaru-Synergy

Fledgling Freddie
:twak: :twak: never give up ! :twak: :twak:

To me sorcerers are hard work... with alot of pressure, for little gain... you need to be a certain type of person to play a sorcerer... my example would be 90% of albions want to be a good sorcerer yet only 10% actually are sorcerers

if its not for you, then you will know.... youll have good days and bad days, but never give up ! youll get there....

if you run in fg's, and keep facing NP(Mids) and radar chimps(Hibs), then ofcourse youll never win mezz v instas, so dont judge your performance on fighting these fights... or against two rangers....

zeusmdk

Fledgling Freddie
if its was your self in the grp with my self and the other soloers in favails bg m8 then the grp was far from optimal (think it was 2 x sorc 2 x tics 1caster 1 melee 3 reaver and 1 smite cleric)

all the bg got forced to the roof on the tower and with banshes hitting every thing with frontal most caster go down quick i did try to keep grp alive (87khp healed yes on a tic and was 1st on /stats heal which show we dont have enough clerics playing rant off) from what i was you did fine m8 as most peeps on that rook died lots and lots

did see the 2 hunters on you (so this might have been when i left the group or it wasnt you ) but think about it this way you are hunter and rangers main target for 1 reason for have your PJ's on so you go down easy most casters go down with two archer class's on them

so in my opion do not give up the fight but its about what you enjoy m8 and as long as your having fun then thats what matter really not all about being RR12 having all the titles ect :)

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
All your kind words feel me with hope and I thank you.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
zeusmdk said:
(87khp healed yes on a tic and was 1st on /stats heal which show we dont have enough clerics playing rant off)

Amen to that buddy, and i was 2nd in the Rez score /stats on my Tic

Givf more clerics

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
zeusmdk said:
87khp healed yes on a tic and was 1st on /stats heal which show we dont have enough clerics playing rant off

This statistic is rather pointless unfortunately as spreadheals don't add to your healed score.
Any non smite specced cleric will never show up on this list.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Sorcs take quite a long time in rvr to play well as they play so much differently in rvr than pve even non-PL'd Sorcs take a while to adjust.

I don't claim to be 'the best' Sorc about, I've always been Mind specced primarily even when Body spec was fotm but I have 10 rr's of mezzing experience to draw on - if you want to chat about Sorcs in game drop me a PM.

As for beating archer classes, /face and qc mezz even if they resist should interupt enough for the 2nd mezz to hit them. I've got /face bound to a key so that I can mezz things more quickly. Vs two though is gonna be tough if they both get a crit in you don't stand much chance unless you have 2 or more brittles up.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Amaru-Synergy said:
To me sorcerers are hard work... with alot of pressure, for little gain... you need to be a certain type of person to play a sorcerer... my example would be 90% of albions want to be a good sorcerer yet only 10% actually are sorcerers
LOL, take a look at your own class, Sorcerers are the true FotY of Albion and has been so for a long time (ever since they got a L50 lifetap). These days, the Killspam Kiddies<tm> don't roll Wizzies or Theurgists, they roll Sorcerers (often body spec) so they, too, can be part of the overpoweredness. :rolleyes:

Seriously, the Sorcerer is probably Albion's best class. Yes, it takes considerable skill and patience to play a Sorcerer well in an FG (the same for any other main CC class, I might add); however, look around you, for every good group Sorcerer, there are oodles of "wannabe" Sorcs (aka ShitSorcs) running around with opted ToA templates and buffbotted ML9 pets, adding on fights everywhere.

Note, I am not directing this reply to the thread starter, no offense is intended. :)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Golena said:
This statistic is rather pointless unfortunately as spreadheals don't add to your healed score.
Haha, funny post number two in this thread, any decent cleric will use his spec single target heals whenever possible (i.e. when having LoS, not having a diseased target, not being nearsighted, and not having many members of the group take damage simultaneously, etc). "/stats heals" should be topped by primary healers or you're doing something wrong.

(There's even a somewhat derogatory term for primary healers who only spreadheal, I am sure you can figure it out. ;))

Ging

Part of the furniture
Belomar, is body spec fotm then?

WoW i have an fotm spec sorc - green pet ftw!

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Well, I must confess to not being current with Albion these days; in my day, until six months after ToA or so, body spec was prevalent. :)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Playing a sorc is just a matter of practice. Once you know what tools you have available to you, and learn how to use them effectively; it’s a fairly easy RP-farm char. Generally, spells/abilities you should have/be using as a solo sorc would be;

*AE con debuff – this doesn’t break mez on player characters – only on pets/mobs. While you are casting mez, chuck one of these in – makes targets fall down faster.
*Single dex/str debuff – invaluable to decrease cast speed (therefore damage output) of casters, and pure damage output of tanks. Insta-cast, but doesn’t interrupt.
*Lifetap – spam spam spam dead. Mixed with moc/soi/purge, you’re semi-invincible.
*AE mez – obviously.
*Root – use against pets/purged non-charge tanks.
*Mastery of Concentration – the amount of interrupts and caster zergs these days means you can’t always rely on quick reactions. 75% damage (moc3) that, ofc, also heals you as you do damage.
*Shield of Immunity – 90% absorbtion buff at RR5. Incredibly powerful; good when you get the bridge-camping ranger assist train on you, or mix with moc to wipe SB zergs.
*Pet attack – always use your pet to its maximum; it’s a brilliant tool and will instantly put a caster/ranger out of ranged combat.
*ML9 – as above, but hits for 600+ ;)
*Brittle guards – free blade turn
*Shields/pom (duh) – don’t forget to renew these a few minutes before they run out; or you’ll be needing some new trousers.
*Purge – compensation for baseline stun amongst others.
*Tart’s Gift – 50% power, in combat; helps on long moc/soi sessions against the SB zerg.
*Power pots – always carry a full backpack of these; very very useful, and cheap
*Speedwarp – you’re a sorc, but you aren’t immune to damage…use to escape full groups at 9am on a Sunday.
*Traps – always set DD traps so you know where to expect incoming enemies – stay one step ahead.

You need to have a good grasp of game mechanics to play a sorc well. Know who’s mezzed, who’s rooted, who’s debuffed, who’s the biggest threat. Mix together experience, abilities, reactions and a good template and you’re ready to pwn.

caling

Loyal Freddie
Sorcs are wonderful things really annoying at times but when you get it right things feel sooooooo good.

I really dont want to be looking at another template. Eggy would u recommend Trat's and Jacs or one or the other?

Cheers

Gimpboy

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
caling said:
Sorcs are wonderful things really annoying at times but when you get it right things feel sooooooo good.

I really dont want to be looking at another template. Eggy would u recommend Trat's and Jacs or one or the other?

Cheers

Gimpboy

I'd definitely get Tart's gift; it's bonuses and power charge are simply too valuable to miss out on.

Jacina's is nice, but zero SI utility. You can get the range% elsewhere, but of course the charge is pretty good.

I made a template which a load of casters seem to use, and I'll be posting a new version incorporating Tarts, Jacinas and Zo; the latter of which is often overlooked.

Lethul

FH is my second home
caling said:

Cheers

Gimpboy

jacina's is a must if you plan to group atleast, i would use it for solo too since the charge is nice and the arcane siphon is really nice aswell

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Belomar said:
(i.e. when having LoS, not having a diseased target, not being nearsighted, and not having many members of the group take damage simultaneously, etc).

so that'd be in PvE ;)

Joking aside - spamming spreadheal and nothing else isn't the best tactic but it's hard to beat the efficiency of a spreadheal in a lot of situations.

I have shown up on /stats heal now and again though, and I have 30 rejuv..

erm I mean some impostor called Glamls has shown up on /stats heal - yeah, that's it.

/stats heal won't reflect the amount of hp healed by a typical cleric who has spreadheal - a friar who heals will have everything put on their stats, same as a heretic but a cleric won't.

Kelio

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:

yeah cause everyone knows clerics only spam spreadheals :eek7:

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
I've watched a lot of movies, and even "top" guilds' clerics seem to spam spread heal solely, even if there is only one target receiving damage.

Decent clerics will effectively use single heals, and start casting heals before a target takes damage; either cancelling at the last minute or letting the heal take place almost instantly as damage is received.

I often show up on stats heal, but as I apply my time to sheering as well, not often as high as other clerics.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:
so that'd be in PvE ;)
Nah, at least not for me. ;) Healing is an art, much more than the "whack-a-mole" some people attribute to it (notably Killspam Kiddies who cannot understand how not damaging the enemy can be any fun).
Flimgoblin said:
Joking aside - spamming spreadheal and nothing else isn't the best tactic but it's hard to beat the efficiency of a spreadheal in a lot of situations.
Spreadheals are good, except for one thing--slow casting time. However, an equally dangerous stage in healer development comes after SpreadHealitis, when the cleric has recently discovered the power of single heals and then tend to overuse it to (a) feel good about themselves, and (b) grow a high ranking on /stats heal. ;) Always use the best tools available depending on the situation.

Btw, having 30 rejuv on your Smit0r is far from gimped (as you seem to imply); my Druid has 31 regrowth and still functions well as a primary healer, and pac healers often have the same amount in mending. The recent primary healer loving actually had the effect of making low-healspec much more viable than before (essentially paving the way for shearers in Hib and Alb).

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
In your nice ideal world mr belomar you'd be absolutely correct.

Now lets look at who in albion is actually taking the most damage, therefore requiring the most healing (the statistic that actually gets you to the top of the list). Yup that would be the noobie zergling standing at keep C getting warlocked.

The great thing about the noobie zerglings is that when placed somewhere near a keep they only ever seem to take damage while stood round a corner trying to nuke something, meaning any clerics in these groups (and lets face it, there's not many) are resorted to using spreadheals to actually keep the group alive. Forget the power cost, the cleric is almost certainly huddling round the local FOP.
Now any friars and tics in these groups, and there's plenty out there relying only on these 2 classes to heal them, are forced into using single target heals to heal there victims so tend to rocket up the heals list.

The thing about the "good clerics" is that they also tend to migrate towards the good groups. The advantage about being in a good group is you tend to be winning, therefore requiring less healing. The people that stand a chance of taking the places of the tics and friars on the list are the spreadheal bunnines stood in keeps and bridges the frontier over, but their heals don't count.

That's the point I was trying to make, before you yell OMG NOOB CLERIC alert at me :m00:

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Not sure I get what you are talking about in your reply, but here goes:
Golena said:
In your nice ideal world mr belomar you'd be absolutely correct.
Ideal world? It's a fact of life at least on Prydwen, the top people in the "/stats heal" lists (at least those evenings I play) tend to be primary healers (i.e. clerics/druids/healers).
Golena said:
The thing about the "good clerics" is that they also tend to migrate towards the good groups. The advantage about being in a good group is you tend to be winning, therefore requiring less healing.
Sounds like you have the wrong idea of "good groups". There simply are no groups that are so good as to roll over all enemy groups with no opposition. Even if a group is good, it will be sure to come up against good enemy groups as well, and that will typically tax the friendly healers to the outmost of their abilities (i.e. using SHs and single target heals when necessary). Furthermore, even if not fighting an opted enemy group, the group might go up against multiple "lesser" opponents, which will also try each member of the group.

You make it sound as if being a cleric in a good group is all about cruising along and raking in the RPs while throwing off a heal here and there; I'd go so far as to say that it's practically the other way around, that good support is what defines a good group. The fact that your clerics are so good at healing is one of the reasons your group is doing well.
Golena said:
That's the point I was trying to make, before you yell OMG NOOB CLERIC alert at me :m00:
Just to clarify, I never did, I just disagreed with your statement (and I still do). ;)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
I'd still argue that an opted group running around fighting other opted groups is going to take less damage than 6 random albs standing in a keep being aoe'ed to death.

I'm not saying that good groups require no healing, i'm fully aware they require a great deal of healing. My point is they also have breaks between fights and periods where they steamroll low rr groups without taking damage.

I've been in groups with a friar as it's only healer where the friar simply spent his time standing in a fop spamming heals on people being nuked. There's simply no way an opted group's cleric will be able to, or need to keep up with that. The only person able to outheal that will be a cleric in the same situation.

I'm making no references as to how opted groups heal, or how much healing is needed in fg rvr. Simply that standing in a fop spamming heals solidly is what they have to compete with to get to the top of /stats heal

Zagg

Fledgling Freddie
Nothing beats Major Heal Line, if you want to get maximum healage out of your mana bar...
Nothing beats Greater Heal Line, if people are really taking damage...
Nothing beats buffsheering, if you want to avoid having to heal :)

Nothing beats spreadheal, if you want to run out of mana fast and have groupmembers die because the heal hits too late.

northernmonkey

Loyal Freddie
Givf more clerics

ive rolled a cleric and yes he is only lvl 48 and is a pain to level, BUT when i try to take him rvr i get laughed at by strangers as obviously his heals must be really crap with 41 rejuve. however when im in a /gu or /as rvr grp i manage quite well.

imo too much elite attitude going around to stop up and coming clerics

zeusmdk

Fledgling Freddie
all i can say is my original comment was ment to be support to the sorc and at 87k i was only followed by a cleric at 56k btw and the 87k was in about 90mins in total

but any way lets not fight here fight out there in rvr against beep beep wh&£e c%^k's :) and the mass's of shroom's in every hib keep :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom