FAO Soloers who have problems with adds

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Most tanks have no speed ..no hib wants to run or use horse to walk from albion coast to pennine mountains only to find nothing and suicide on guards .

At least if its around a main keep you will find action regardless.

It is a bit shit that there arent many places to do it openly. I would have suggested the heart of agramon ..its the very centre .. you dont have duellers spread out duelling in 3 realms ..they are all in the one place .

Also organised agramon nights usually beckons other FGS not to add so I think it could be relatively safe . Also this agramon fever thing that we tried will get old . Only works if its organised properly and only statued does that by pming every gm he wants there . Otherwise 3 fgs show up ..cant find each other and leave

Also to the SOLOERS! Dont give up just yet ..i know at least 10 people on hib alone making heros champs wardens and vws for duelling ! Lots more inc :)

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Ronso said:
Most tanks have no speed ..no hib wants to run or use horse to walk from albion coast to pennine mountains only to find nothing and suicide on guards .

At least if its around a main keep you will find action regardless.

It is a bit shit that there arent many places to do it openly. I would have suggested the heart of agramon ..its the very centre .. you dont have duellers spread out duelling in 3 realms ..they are all in the one place .

Also organised agramon nights usually beckons other FGS not to add so I think it could be relatively safe . Also this agramon fever thing that we tried will get old . Only works if its organised properly and only statued does that by pming every gm he wants there . Otherwise 3 fgs show up ..cant find each other and leave

Also to the SOLOERS! Dont give up just yet ..i know at least 10 people on hib alone making heros champs wardens and vws for duelling ! Lots more inc :)

there are too many hib soloers as it is..its like a plauge!
More alb/mid soloers please:))

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Thats true .. I think there are a lot of mid soloers and a lot of possible alb soloers that just dont come looking for duels tho ..

no one wants to get a boat to crau ..see nightwish orangeboom eiten standing there waiting for a duel and get hit by the Team zerg fanny wobbles or get bombed by random animist chanter on bridge ...

Im going to organise a duel evening soon .. 3 or 4 hours ..one place that Ill designate there and then .. dont really care if i have to break every coc to do it because at the moment ..un added duels are nearly non existant .

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
DC is lol atm, rr2 zerg with storms everyhwere and *cough* FATLOAD adding on every fight, best to keep away from shoreline and go behind tower.

Thlauni

Fledgling Freddie
An Idea based one one of Censis comments.

Part of the problem is there is low incentive for taking towers/Keeps. It should be a fairly low bonus, on a timer like 10 hours and only for the peeps in the immidiate vicinity when the tower is taken.

Why not add a bonus, that is not RP related, but a bit like the relic type of bonus. Some examples/ideas could be:
Bonus to health regen
Bonus to mana regen
Bonus to endurance
Small sprint ability

I know balance issues and such are likely to crop up, so some tweaking will likely have ot occur.

And perhaps to avoid making it too exploiteable make the effect random. Perhaps some kind of blessing from the powers above.

And perhaps also some real RP benefit from taking the tower would be nice. As it is now, it is not really worth the effort and the time to take a tower.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Thlauni said:
I actually noticed people been a lot better at not complaining about adding, well at least to me that is.

On the other hand, just a question. Has anyone ever seen a RR1 insist on the 1vs 1 concept? I have noticed there is a marked tendency towards them being higher RR's, which I am sure incidentially also means they have a much higher chance of winning.

And just for laughs, just ask my guild if I felt stupid last night. Spend the first 1½ hour loudly complaining about us rangers (am archer specced mostly) not being able to kill anything. Then I realized I had redone my quickbar, so basically when I tried to do my anytime style, I actually tried to do a crit shot. That is not all that effective in melee.

Thats cause basically u remain rr1-3 for only some days...
Also...as u play more (and ofc raise in rr)... u understand how your char works. And as i stated before..its not a matter of fixed duels... Its the point rests elsewhere.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
no thaluani.

nothing with the incentive of giving you more tools or advantages.

the incentive to go somewhere has to be because its a good place to rvr.

at the moment with neutral keeps you get like denarious and grimster perma camping bryna keep side tower adding on all soloers (and in case of death it takes 15 seconds to get back to leet rvr spot) and horner doing the same at beno. Its unfair to target individuals though because most of the players kicking around in those areas are the ones that make it unplayable and the ones that dont even bother trying to go to other areas because they then get the rough end of the game (and no, 1 run doesnt count). I dont actually blaim them to much tbh though it suxs sometimes.

like I say the incentive to get off your arse and go hunt enemies rather than bot camp people who do make the effort, has to be because its profitable and theres an appropriate population of players for the type of rvr u want. it also has to be neutral ground in terms of population.

the last for me has been perminent rvr in areas wheres it me and literally 2-5 other hibs versus every active rvr player from the other realms. be it 50 mids at bleed or 80 albs and beno. thats a horrible thing to go through and its this sort of stuff which really just makes you think, fuck this game tbh.

when its balanced populations spread out over reasonably large areas with routes and points of interest then the game becomes fun for all sides rather than just the lazy players who are content with 200 add rp's every 30 mins etc.

thats the problem if its static it suxs.

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
The 1v1 players sometimes are sneaky and try to duel away from the bridges, the art is one trying to find these areas.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
censi is spot on. Why the 1 vs 1 people don't take things into their own hands and be responsible for dragging the population out beats the shit out of me though....

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
The problem is soloers do go out and try to find other areas, they ofc do this at different times to all the other soloers, give up and go back to the zerg areas.

What we need is an area where people go and stay, and do so at the same time so they find other people there.

I actually like the idea of the pennines.. it's large enough that you can spread out instead of standing in a nice little circle, and the fact that your spread out means that it's not really worth fg's coming there to farm you. If people can make more rp's farming in the irvr zerg then people will stay there.

Boats to alb coast will drop you right at the doorway to the area, and while it may be a 1 or 2 min run, if people were actually roaming there in any numbers (i.e. more than 10 peeps at a time) then you'd probably find a fight in 1 or 2 mins.

Failing that, remove the crappy boats from the game entirely and make people run.. that will get fights spread about a bit.. just make agramon less laggy (read, flatter) so people can actually go there.

I do like Kagato's idea of only 1 keep per realm the enemy can port into tho.. if nothing else it will stop the constant hibguard, alberna, midion crap that goes on at the moment, since both enemy realms will have to fight for the one port, not just PvE keep 2, since they are busy defending already.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Soloing has always been hard. It hasn't gotten any worse lately.
It was hard in OF and it's hard now. In fact, it's better now than it used to be.
You get a lot less adds these days than you did in OF. Believe me, i've been soloing for years now.
Go to Emain and you may find yourself surrounded by hibs, but most of them wont add on you, unless you go too close to the bridge at the wrong times.

Imo, what kills soloing, is all the duelling going on. Yes, i like duels and the no-add mentality them and me have.
However, standing in a circle beckoning eachother isn't soloing, it's duelling.
When you solo, you accept the risk of being outnumbered. It sure as hell sucks at times, but you just have to take it.
Give those who add on you or outnumber you a few /laughs, realease and try again.

To make soloing better, those who really like soloing have to move away from the damn bridges.
If soloers will go a little further away from the bridges, we will all get more good fights.
There's still a chance that we'll get added on, but it will be lower. We'll get more good fights, but the exitement is still there.

Stop jumping around close to your own bridge and the low rr "solo" casters/archers, waiting for a solo fight, and get your ass a few feet away!

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
what zoia said is true. feels boring to say it again, but nf offers way too little roaming paths. there is no reason to move beyond bridges at all.

the fun of nf is that people actually move around a bit, even though it's in a relatively small area. sure, it's zergy as hell, but still.. :(

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Thlauni said:
An Idea based one one of Censis comments.

Part of the problem is there is low incentive for taking towers/Keeps. It should be a fairly low bonus, on a timer like 10 hours and only for the peeps in the immidiate vicinity when the tower is taken.

Why not add a bonus, that is not RP related, but a bit like the relic type of bonus. Some examples/ideas could be:
Bonus to health regen
Bonus to mana regen
Bonus to endurance
Small sprint ability

I know balance issues and such are likely to crop up, so some tweaking will likely have ot occur.

And perhaps to avoid making it too exploiteable make the effect random. Perhaps some kind of blessing from the powers above.

And perhaps also some real RP benefit from taking the tower would be nice. As it is now, it is not really worth the effort and the time to take a tower.
There is a bonus already. If you hold more than 7 keeps your entire realm gets a small bonus to something. It's mostly PvE related such as more coin drops from mobs or so forth but it's been in the game since NF was released. The benefit of taking towers is DF (which isn't such a big draw anymore I know).
The problem isn't that there's no reason to roam - NF was designed to get people out of camping one zone constantly - but that people are lazy, they'd rather wait for RPs to walk up to them than try to fix the problem they are creating for themselves.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Tried to roam around away from the usual places, like near Boldiam and south of DC but there is noone around to fight so it gets boring and you are forced to go roam to more hazardous places again (bridges, chokepoints etc)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
NF was designed to get people out of camping one zone constantly

If that's the case then it's the most poor design i've ever seen in my life!

Removing camping one zone does not revolve around giving people boats to all arrive within 2ft of each other without having to actually travel there. The only reason to travel is to get away from your own zerg, and that's where the problem of NF has, and always will lie until they do something about it!

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
It is very poor design from this perspective, but only from this perspective (although it is one I value)!!

Aye Zephina and wouldn't it be perfect for solo ficghts if there are no adds?

I have the same issues I will happily roam around Bold if there was even a small porportion there. The point is that the people who complain the most - the soloers and duellers are stuck right beside those who have a different playstyle.

What the duellers don't get is that they can reshape the game and by being at the Pennines and being known to be there they will CREATE a route to a fictitious chokepoint that small groups and others might patrol....

Instead they stand right beside a bridge and demand that people listen. Worse still they are forcing people to leave the game with their whine which is something that actually pisses me off. What your doing gets you no sympathy from anyone.

The area just south of the Pennines is a prime zone for this as are the other two zones I told you about. So what I am saying is resurrect the solo zone - make a public statement and invite ayone there - even the griefers. If you get less adds (which you will) surely thats an improvement?

As a by product what you do is generate a point where people will roam to and from and there you go - more places for soloers to hunt.... You generate the one thing that is missing in New Frontiers but that did exist in old frontiers...

I dislike the whine you guys give to others especially at Beno and DC - I dislike it intensely. I know people who have left because you have spoiled their game. In my book your not justifed in doing it because there is a few other places equally as good and far away from trouble that would work perfectly well....

illu

Part of the furniture
I think another reason solo areas fail is simply because of travelling. No matter where it is (unless slap bang in the middle of agramon), 2 out of the 3 realms will have to travel.
I really wish they would make a portal to the middle of Agramon that randomly ported you to somewhere "near" the middle, then everyone would have access to a ready made battleground.
They should make agramon smaller, less polygons and stuff and more varied landscape. Maybe it should be like an old town with a big castle in the middle, with fights happening on the outskirts, on the walls, near the castle, and then taking the castle gives your realm a bit 20% more gold or something.

Maybe the next expansion will solve some of these issues.

Oli - Illu

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
I hope it does Illu I saw this comment earlier as well.

The worse thing is travelling like Brad said earlier only to find a small zerg ready to zapp your ass back to wherever you came from. That is downright depressing. It is not much further to get to the Pennines and the run from Bold is nothing. Sometimes getting on the baot is a ncie time to get a cup of tea and stuff ;). Better than sitting clenching your teeth once 3 animist fry you. :)

Let me do a drawing later - or if someone would like to try it would be mucho appreciated....

Gamah

Banned
Coldbeard said:
And this reply is based on what post?

This guy is some sort of guy that comes on a forum to tell everyone how cool he is..best ignored.

Thlauni

Fledgling Freddie
I like the idea of a port to middle of Agramon. could be fun. Though sucks when you then realize noone is there.

How about once more allowing people to be attacked on boats? Perhaps if need to balance a little, let boat shield you a bit, like on a ram, so ur allowed time to disembark or perhaps make it so ur forced to disembark.

My earlier proposoal was intended to give the peeps whom actually went and did something to a tower or a keep a personal benefit. I know about the existing bonuses, but I specifically wanted to award those who went and did something.

Censi I understand your point, but what I miss, and what I see as very difficult is to come up with solutions that lead people to roam. As it is now, then it is more rewarding at least as a middle to lower RR guy to stay near camped spots and jump in. Soloing is really not an option. And it sucks really hard spending half an hour travelling looking for a foe, just to keep being owned once you eventually find someone.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Ok how does this look?

Attachments

• solo zone.jpg
    solo zone.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 40

Deathvenom

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
I think another reason solo areas fail is simply because of travelling. No matter where it is (unless slap bang in the middle of agramon), 2 out of the 3 realms will have to travel.
I really wish they would make a portal to the middle of Agramon that randomly ported you to somewhere "near" the middle, then everyone would have access to a ready made battleground.
They should make agramon smaller, less polygons and stuff and more varied landscape. Maybe it should be like an old town with a big castle in the middle, with fights happening on the outskirts, on the walls, near the castle, and then taking the castle gives your realm a bit 20% more gold or something.

Maybe the next expansion will solve some of these issues.

Oli - Illu
old emain any one...

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Deathvenom said:
old emain any one...

Yes, cause you could just insta port to the action...except for the hibs who had to walk from Belgium to Brasil to see an enemy :)

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Sharkith said:
Ok how does this look?

Could happen...but imo as with Gahn's project...wont fully work. And that cause for example me, i lets say log on 11gmt...go there...meet no1 (or 1-2 max) for the next 1 hour..get bored...go again near DC hoping some action (not necesserily 1vs1) and not go there again prolly.

kivik

Part of the furniture
Sharkith said:
Ok how does this look?

Bit further down would be better due to those groups of aggressive redcon drakes.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
the exact same spot you pointed out as duelling heaven is infact a camp with the highest damage pets, isolationist armsmen. sorcs go there often to pick one up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom