FAO Necrofancier

E

-evull-

time to drop the radar, dont u think?

go die, pretty please

E

-evull-

define pwnd please? ^^

getting killed by a fuckin wanker with some radar tool is pretty fuckin far from my very own definition of that expression ^^

anyone else experienced rather strange uncovering (by stealthers) from this Necrofancier?

P

Prat

oh come on its BG i used to go around staving stealthers with my theurgist there that easy to see

E

Ekydus

Necrofancier = A Necromancer?

Well can't really complain, they can hide in trees and look stealthed, hard to see at long range if pet is not visible, oh and they absolutely rock in BGs.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

1) Radar, as far as I know, cannot detect through stealth.
2) Perhaps he has a stealther and knows all the typical places stealthers frequent (it happens...you guys are f**king predictable).
3) Perhaps you just suck.

A

asorek

you got pwnd, stealth radar doenst exist..

cry more.

E

-evull-

necrofancier = necromancer, yes

it wasnt like i was close to him or anything, he just happened to head straight up to me in the middle of no-where three or four times and sent pet on me immediately, almost like it aggroed me.

uncovered a mate of mine in rather strange ways too ...

so i ask again, anyone else noticing something odd about this fella?

and .. for sissyfoo

no.

peace

F

Faeldawn

Sometimes when an enemy spots you they are fast enough to get you targeted and set their pet on you before you pass out of range, has happened to me a few times before.

Another way is for a stealth buddy to target you and they /assist the cloaker to get you as a target.

Please dont cry cheat and name-and-shame without any proof, bad form imho.

D

Demolay

Odins Eye just gives last known direction of stealther as he stealths (apparently)

E

-evull-

Originally posted by Faeldawn
Sometimes when an enemy spots you they are fast enough to get you targeted and set their pet on you before you pass out of range, has happened to me a few times before.

Another way is for a stealth buddy to target you and they /assist the cloaker to get you as a target.

Please dont cry cheat and name-and-shame without any proof, bad form imho.

well, maybe i should have left the name-and-shame out, but it was pretty obvious to me anyways.

and i have met a necro or two before as i have a shadowblade at 50 etc (evull), and this was not cases where the necro had spotted/targetted me before i stealthed and sent pet for me.

ah well, fuck it - these things cannot be proved anyways.

peace

S

soullessminion

Dont know if any other necros noticed it too, but my necro used to see stealthers soooooo damn easy compared to any other class i ever played, was almost as easy to spot sb/ns as it was for my sb to spot archers :)

remember used to be a few posts on vn asking if this was suposed to happen or if was a bug, when si came out.

T

tuckk

Not sure how Necro pets react to steakthers, but I know certain pets (Bone Army BD pets) detect hidden very well. And in BGs your stealth sort of sucks and if the pet has a 'detect hidden' ability, and he's set on aggro he will rush after you.

Cheers ;)

B

behatch

Originally posted by Capt. Sissyfoo
1) Radar, as far as I know, cannot detect through stealth.
2) Perhaps he has a stealther and knows all the typical places stealthers frequent (it happens...you guys are f**king predictable).

yes it does exsist,and if necrofanciers main is bloodthorn then yes he used radar on you-he use's it on me

B

BlitheringIdiot

Originally posted by tuckk
Not sure how Necro pets react to steakthers, but I know certain pets (Bone Army BD pets) detect hidden very well. And in BGs your stealth sort of sucks and if the pet has a 'detect hidden' ability, and he's set on aggro he will rush after you.

Cheers ;)

Pretty much my take on the situation.

For instance, my hunter (who has capped stealth) can stand on one of the pillars of a bridge and not be seen by anything. Yet I have been uncovered by a druid pet and a cabalist pet as the owner was passing. Stealthers with capped stealth couldnt see me from where these people were standing yet apparantly pets can.

Ive also done similar myself. Kill a stealther, create a pet and send it to stand on their corpse, put it on aggro and lo and behold it runs off and bites a thin air. Then out of this thin air a rather confused stealther runs off.

Dont blame the player, its not their fault. If you set your pet on aggro then it sort of developes see hidden and uncovers stealthers in aggro range.

B

BlitheringIdiot

The only way a cheat program could see through stealth is if it hacked into GOA's main server thingy and stole the information without them knowing.

I really really cant see such a program existing.

L

Lessurl

Originally posted by -evull-
almost like it aggroed me.

You didn't think maybe it did? :p
Think it's worth thinking on all the possibilities before you try to drag someones name through the mud.

/edit. This just looks like "Waaaah i got killed by someone they must be cheating!" thread number 193,585,733,992,038,549 to me. :p

E

-evull-

well, that the pet aggroed me or whatever wasnt really what made me think the guy cheated. he kinda moved up to me in the middle of no-where and uncovered me 3 or 4 times ...

and as i said, fuck it - cant be proven anyways

peace

L

loxleyhood

"Oh my god, we got killed, what does this mean?"

"....."

"....."

"Radar?"

"FUCKING LAME RADAR USERS! FOAD!"

L

loxleyhood

Wait a second..... this isn't the RvR forum.......

B

behatch

Originally posted by loxleyhood
"Oh my god, we got killed, what does this mean?"

"....."

"....."

"Radar?"

"FUCKING LAME RADAR USERS! FOAD!"

idiot

T

tuckk

Could have just been following his aggro pet you know ;-)

S

Skidlee

I dont know if anyone else has noticed but pets have started attacking stealthed people as soon as YOU see them IF you have them set on aggresive.. now i'm not sure if it effects necros the same way but as they float ahead of pet they will see you before you in range to PA and pet will hit you before you land PA.. as for finding you he only needs to catch a glimpse of you and pet is on you..

Hey just a thought :)

Skidlee

BTW Evul your SB used to hit to hard :( dunno about after the nerf :)

E

-evull-

giv back good ol' 5 spec :(

too bad it aint possible to play sb (or stealthers in general) without tearing your hair out in frustration :\

peace

T

tuckk

Originally posted by Skidlee
I dont know if anyone else has noticed but pets have started attacking stealthed people as soon as YOU see them IF you have them set on aggresive.. now i'm not sure if it effects necros the same way but as they float ahead of pet they will see you before you in range to PA and pet will hit you before you land PA.. as for finding you he only needs to catch a glimpse of you and pet is on you..

Hey just a thought :)

Skidlee

BTW Evul your SB used to hit to hard :( dunno about after the nerf :)

Was out with my shade in Uppland a while back when a SM ran in speed next to me, he kept on running but his pet aggroed me. No way the SM could have seen me though with 35+15 stealth, and he didn't even run through me ;) Also speeded... The pets have bigger eyes I guess :)

S

Spix

Pets do uncover Stealthers if set on Aggressive even if owner doesnt see the stealther.
They started this behavior after the last patch when they changed how aggressive works in rvr.
First time that I noticed it, was with my spiritmaster in the BGs.
The champion attacked four infils within 5 minutes when running from MB to AB and I just had to kite them for some free rps.

Users who are viewing this thread