FAO: Minstrels camping the gorge

D

Danya

Stop it, you're all gimps. I've had to kill 2 minstrels in 2 days in the gorge now who offered virtually no threat and I'm getting tired of it. It makes me cry to see people ham-fistedly try to play a class I like so badly they can't even get a caster they jump from stealth below half-hp.

M

medowind

So your whining about minstrels giving free rp to one of your obviously superior characters?

And just because you are probably the best minstrel in the world and never die ever, have rr10 and can kill casters in one dd of even con ALWAYS, because you have thousands of years of experience, other people should just not bother playing their class or even try to get some rp?

Sounds good to me tbh.

D

Danya

No, but I can usually get a caster below half health given the jump on them from stealth. Especially a caster without a pet.

And no my char isn't particularly superior, you're thinking chanters there, mentalists are pretty gimp. :p

E

envenom

wtf? mentalist are fucking good mages all you have to do is QC mez run a mile cast HoT then stun then nuke the fucker into oblivion oh please mentalist gimp? shut it

G

Glacier

Originally posted by envenom
wtf? mentalist are fucking good mages all you have to do is QC mez run a mile cast HoT then stun then nuke the fucker into oblivion oh please mentalist gimp? shut it
smart minstrel opens from stealth with mez, runs in meleeing the caster and dd'ing, and at any sign of QC, instant stun.

so any minstrel that know how to play their class should be able to take a mage on 1 on 1 unless the mage got purge and moc up...

E

envenom

Mentalists are tougher then they look they have everything DoTS,PoT,HoT,Nukes AoE,Heals,AoE dots, 9 sec stun,Mez and nukes beleive me a good mentalist is a tough fighter

Chanters are actually easier then Mentalists this is what any minstrel should do if they meet a chanter

1.mez the pet
2. 2x dd the chanter
3 mez while dding
4. wait for 2 dds to recharge
5. once the dds have charged up Amnythist slash or what ever its called + dds chanter will be down half health.
6. any sign of QC stun cast insta stun then mele+ dd him to death.

Chanters are easy menatlists are alot harder

1Jesta

lol @ thread, its gotta be a total pain for Danya tho, having to kill enemies not 1 min away from Ligen, my heart bleeds.

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by medowind
So your whining about minstrels giving free rp to one of your obviously superior characters?

And just because you are probably the best minstrel in the world and never die ever, have rr10 and can kill casters in one dd of even con ALWAYS, because you have thousands of years of experience, other people should just not bother playing their class or even try to get some rp?

Seriously, don't be stupid. No minstrel shouldn't be able to take a caster from stealth, even more so if the caster is on half health...
Barring purge+MoC up and purge+IP down, or something, but even then tbh...

Originally posted by Glacier
smart minstrel opens from stealth with mez, runs in meleeing the caster and dd'ing, and at any sign of QC, instant stun.

so any minstrel that know how to play their class should be able to take a mage on 1 on 1 unless the mage got purge and moc up...

Not quite but almost right ;p
Anyhow, purge + IP > purge + MoC most of the time, although I've never been MoC'd on by a mentalist so I can't be sure the heals wouldn't fubar it all up :p

Originally posted by Danyan
And no my char isn't particularly superior, you're thinking chanters there, mentalists are pretty gimp. :p

Mentalist > Chanter when you get to attack from stealth, imho :p

edit: ups, envenom already said it :p

A

Arnor

Originally posted by 1Jesta
lol @ thread, its gotta be a total pain for Danya tho, having to kill enemies not 1 min away from Ligen, my heart bleeds.

yep, I sense the nano-violin comming up :p

T

The Kingpin

To get a good mez you have to spec mentalism..

Fool,

E

envenom

you still have a decent mez u idiot my mate is a lvl 30 ment full mana and his mez is on a decent timer fuckwit

A

adari

you still have a decent mez u idiot my mate is a lvl 30 ment full mana and his mez is on a decent timer fuckwit

Please click the x in the top right corner of your screen, thanks.

D

delphae

Originally posted by adari
Please click the x in the top right corner of your screen, thanks.

LOL :)

Temperance / Ithil Galad
Delphae / Ithil Galad

A

Apathy

Nono, mentalists just QC stun, run home, respec to Mentalism, run back, mezz you, run home, respec back to Mana/Light, run back, killz0r you.

Happens every day.

a.

E

envenom

hm ok il admit i was WRONG about the mez but i still say mentys are pretty strong

O

osy

Originally posted by Apathy
Nono, mentalists just QC stun, run home, respec to Mentalism, run back, mezz you, run home, respec back to Mana/Light, run back, killz0r you.

Happens every day.

a.

I know, I know.... I promised... but this is too hilarious not to quote :)

A

Apathy

I think Envenom's complete U-turn was funnier. :p

a.

O

old.LandShark

What's wrong with admitting it when you're wrong?
Anyway, I didn't think mentalists have good mezz when I said mentalist > chanter when attacking from stealth :p

O

old.Nol

OMF MADNESS!!1!

Envenom has a mate...

O

old.Nol

PS: once you've mezzed and are waiting for DD's to charge...DON'T SIT RIGHT NEXT TO THE LW HERO WITH PURGE!
/surprise
:D It was very funny...

R

rure

Originally posted by Glacier

not exactly right...

stealth, start mezzing from stealth, dd,dd while mezzing. mezz sticks... wait for dds to be ready again. then proceed with DD and melee and then as glacier said insta stun when the caster begins to cast first spell

I havent lost against a pure caster in 1v1... yet ;)

D

Danya

I was on full health, but they didn't even get me to 50% in stun, so I just qced a mez (which stuck, very lucky given I have 6 spec mentalism) and ran to range.

The point is as glacier/landshark says, a minstrel should be able to kill any caster from stealth without said caster getting a spell off. I did have purge up, but I didn't think it was worth using so I just let the stun expire. Next time maybe I'll purge the mez or stun for kicks and see if they panic. :p

I havent lost against a pure caster in 1v1... yet
I have, but only when they get the jump on me, never when I get them. Lets face it if a chanter jumps you, stuns, heat debuffs and three shots you, there's not all that much you can do. :p

G

Gilead^

then you must have faced some pretty crappy ones imo

D

Danya

Originally posted by Gilead^
then you must have faced some pretty crappy ones imo
TBH, as a caster I expect to loose to minstrels. They are pretty damn good at caster killing. Especially when I don't use purge... :p

H

horil

badly played from minstrels, but why to make thread and brag about your uberness here?

:m00:

O

old.krane

Originally posted by horil
badly played from minstrels, but why to make thread and brag about your uberness here?

:m00:

agreed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom