FAO: KNIGHT OF CAMELOT ppl (who sneak in sidi without booking)

Lireihuan

Fledgling Freddie
10th Feb 2004 Sidi Raid by Tommytang Invite-only Raid
About 20:30 pm We start to log on at entrance of Sidi.
Then this group contains several Knight of camelot people.
Nastja, Shadowdueller, Charitystar,Shadowfighter,Cbetik,Suchka,Aiandas etc
We 've told them how sidi raid booking goes, but they just simply ignored us.
We've tried to reached their GMs, but i was told the GM of Knight of camelot is Shadowfight :(
I didn't want to start a FLAME, but I can't find any other way.
They have no rules, and their gm even joined it. I hope there isn't too many of this kinda Guild in Albion.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
sad but trueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

=/

be optimistic

imagine the chaos without the booking sheet :D

Remem

Fledgling Freddie
Cant expect everyone who plays daoc to know and frequently read FH?
It aint a GOA official site or anything you get info when u buy the game.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Lol, noobs who go into Sidi when it is booked know perfectly well that there is a booking sheet.
Shame they did not respect it :(
But then again, never heard of Knight of Camelot.
Regards, Glottis

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Pathetic behaviour, and whilst FH may not be official, its next best thing and few people do not read it and even less are 'unaware' of it. The chances of them not knowing of the booking sheet and the arrangment are slim.

Gorre

Fledgling Freddie
well they might have been unaware of the booking sheed, but atlast they should have teh decency to reply.

rure

Fledgling Freddie
hah, no real roleplayers use a booking sheet

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
FH is linked from GOA site
and they could have answered lirei, he's very polite !
:wub:

Lireihuan

Fledgling Freddie
they got into sidi right infront of us when we were trying to group.
so 1st thing we did is chat, but they didn't believe that there was either a booking list or a Freddyhouse to replace BW. So I tried to find out the Guild master of that guild who was aslo in that group, then I tried to contact with the other guild of alliance that Knight of camelot with, one of the leader in Knights of the round table answered and he tried to persuaded them but he couldn't do anything further but asking them to leave.
Eventually they were killed by few mobs at lvl 1 and someone of the group m8s logged.

ShadowFighter

Fledgling Freddie
Simple Questions

Well i have some questions for you all
1st can i simply book sidi for me and my friends only ?
2nd can my friends book sidi too?
3rd why theres no raid time on raid days u book sidi for the whole day ??
cause key mobs pop every 10 hours so u can do 2 raids per day!!!

thats all thanks

and after all i'm a gimp noob 2h pala who plays DaoC solo 2 years now

------------------------------------------------

Shadowfighter

xoboll

Fledgling Freddie
They do know there is a booking sheet,as they tried a similar thing the day the Corporation had it booked.. they invited some other guilds and were ready to go when we showed up . after a lot of arguing (really dont need this), the other guilds respected the booking and left.

during the conversations they were pointed to FH listings on many occasions and even apologised at the end once they had seen the bookings..

so yes they do know there is a booking sheet :)

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
well.. if you have a fg of 50's, half should know about the forums.. and thus the booking sheet.. Sounds like pure lameness from them.

Morlantis

Fledgling Freddie
Hey, I was in the guild a wile back and i know shadowfighter is a decent guy. I dont think he'd intentionaly cause any greif to anyone as he helped me and alot of other people out on countless ocations. I dont know what went on but i know he wouldnt have done it on purpose :)

ShadowFighter

Fledgling Freddie
Can any1 answer my questions ?

Thanks for ur nice words Morlantis m8y :)
I posted some questions and i need some answers on all of them

thanks again

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
ShadowFighter said:
Thanks for ur nice words Morlantis m8y :)
I posted some questions and i need some answers on all of them

thanks again
yes
yes
dunno realy, there used to be

all that is asked is
a) only book one date at a time, wait to book a new date till after your booked raid is over
b) book weekends well in advance and only book a weekend day for big raids.

on a side note, the booking sheet is respected by the big majority of of players/guilds/alliances, constantly ignoring it will have a negative backlash against you and your guild.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
2h pally is noob :)
No idea how the Sidi booking sheet works, I hardly ever go there.
Some people did want early and evening raids, not sure how that was solved.
Regards, Glottis

Eof

Fledgling Freddie
If people are planning a daytime raid they will usually put it down otherwise most weekday raids are in the evening. However, if you want to go on a day that is booked by someone else the best thing to do is talk to that person. It's true that it doesnt always work but most people are reasonable. My raids tend to cover the full day from 11 am to about midnight but not everyone works in the same way.

Tzan

Fledgling Freddie
Shadow is Cool

I know Shadowfighter irl. No way he would do sth like that if he knew about the booking system. Besides.. I would like also to reffer to the day that The Corporation had booked Sidi ... I dont think that Shadow's alliance would make it with the amount of peeps and class types they had. And I am sure that Shadow didn't know about the booking system. Think before flame... :(

:clap:

missedagain

Fledgling Freddie
why doesnt someone ask goa to put something on the server message like have a look at fh forum etc etc etc
or even the cammy criers annoucing raids and so forth after all isnt that what they are for not that ppl tend to use em
or maybe a npc outside sidi that can be used to annouce up comming raids
although u will never stop ppl doing what they please after all they pay for the game to
its only common decentsy that ppl respect other ppls killing spots although as we all know thats not always the case
im still waiting for the day that im told i cant go to emain or odins cos its booked :)

btw why didnt u join forces ?

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
ShadowFighter said:
Well i have some questions for you all
1st can i simply book sidi for me and my friends only ?
2nd can my friends book sidi too?
3rd why theres no raid time on raid days u book sidi for the whole day ??
cause key mobs pop every 10 hours so u can do 2 raids per day!!!

1. Yes.
2. Yes. However, best not to abuse it by, say, each person in the group booking it for consecutive days so the same group is in Sidi for 8 days running - that wouldn't make you any friends...
3. Because the actual period is random - it's believed to be up to ten hours after the first keylord is killed, which means that if you want to ensure that you don't bugger up a raid starting at 7pm GMT, you have to kill the first keylord by 9am GMT. Effectively, because almost no one will bother to get up that early for Sidi, that means only one raid a day. But I think if anyone wants to do a pre-9am raid no one would be bothered - it's easy to enough to PM (here and in-game) the person who's got it booked and check what time they're going to be in.

Dordanov

Fledgling Freddie
Personally i think it's a shame a booking system is needed.

I do understand why Mythic made the repop like this, cuz obviously not fun not being able to raid cos of missing mobs / or getting a repop during raid.

So the only way to make a dungeon like this would be with a repop system as it is atm.

Problem is some guilds are not capable of making such large groups, and often don't get invited becuz of them being a "too small" guild. I would like to be able to hunt in Sidi with a small group of people (about 2fgish or some) to hunt some mobs that drop the "regular" sidi loot, not the key mobs.

However atm this can't be done without booking Sidi wich can be a pain cuz the wait list is so long through all the peeps that wanna go there.

It would be nice to have a part of Sidi (extra rooms near entrance for example) that stands apart from the keymobs and repop wich has a "normal" respawn system.
That way smaller groups would be able to hunt there without colliding with other people's raids.

Don't think Mythic will ever make it like that, but imo it's just a shame such a good dungeon needs to be booked before you can go there :S

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
You don't need to be in a guild to book sidi, anyone can quite easily make a sidi raid group up, you just need to pm a few friends of the right classes or even just ask people you have grouped with before if they are what you need for your raid. I generally go there with a regular bunch of friends and if theres a class missing from what I need i'll pm someone I have grouped with before and invite them to join.

The booking sheet is not perfect but its fair to everyone as can be and all are free to book a raid, theres really no need for this hassle.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
all guilds not respecting the list on a regular basis should be blacklisted from all major raids imo.'
99% of alb respect the list and so should they.
but if they were indeed not aware of the list they are worth a second chance.

Morlantis

Fledgling Freddie
I think dordanov got it spot on....

Its just general Etiquette we've made up to book Sidi to help with the confusion of attempting raids at the same time... 90% of the people probably go by this but does that mean we have to enforce it on the other 10%? After all its not in the Rules of DAoC much like camping.....

Its great having the raids organised I just think we could be a little easier on the people that might not have relised or not know... after all if u explain something in a nice manor instead of flaming them it normaly helps :)

Hercules-DF

Fledgling Freddie
wheres the /booking sheet that appears in game then? or does sidi have a notice board outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom