Part of the furniture
Framfall said:
Grimster pwns.
grimmster.jpg

yes he realy does

-Palan-

Fledgling Freddie
Powerslave said:
i think feinar and kenwolf are nice, decent posting behaviour also.

me + urizen = best duo though ;p :touch:

der esel nennt sich immer zu erst :p

anyway, found mat at amg today, looked pretty solo, or atleast his infil m8 didn't make it into the room in time to safe him.

about grimster, i had some fun TSing amg tonight, at 1point there was 11mid stealthers camping there with grim.
each time i TSed i saw grimster with a bunch of other SBs/hunters.was hell of a hard night for me solo or lateron duo with galid.

starting to think TS is just a fun RA to either get u past a milegate, to make nice screenies of stealthzergs, and once in a while u actualy get to kill something with it.

the point is, solo me, TS find more than a fg mids or albs stealthing around a milegate, just calls for NewF. and the removal of milegates :p

-Palan-

Fledgling Freddie
oh another thing:

what was up with them albs today, running thru the bowl with 5fg+ having 4infils on mincer speed looking for stealthers and scouts TSing twice???

u got such a low RP/hour or so that u gotta gank after duos soloers with 5fgs???

Framfall

Banned
-Palan- said:
der esel nennt sich immer zu erst :p

anyway, found mat at amg today, looked pretty solo, or atleast his infil m8 didn't make it into the room in time to safe him.

about grimster, i had some fun TSing amg tonight, at 1point there was 11mid stealthers camping there with grim.
each time i TSed i saw grimster with a bunch of other SBs/hunters.was hell of a hard night for me solo or lateron duo with galid.

starting to think TS is just a fun RA to either get u past a milegate, to make nice screenies of stealthzergs, and once in a while u actualy get to kill something with it.

the point is, solo me, TS find more than a fg mids or albs stealthing around a milegate, just calls for NewF. and the removal of milegates :p

Ich habe ein grose sexlust :p

Anyway, we never find Palan with other hib stealthers, no never, niet, nein, nej, hakkapelitta!

Atleast you got TS to slalom past mid stealthers, I don't have that luxury and end up standing with 6 gnomes perforating my ankles.

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Framfall said:
Ich habe ein grose sexlust :p

Anyway, we never find Palan with other hib stealthers, no never, niet, nein, nej, hakkapelitta!

Atleast you got TS to slalom past mid stealthers, I don't have that luxury and end up standing with 6 gnomes perforating my ankles.

Ex Auribus Cognoscitur Asinus.

TS with 30 minute timer isnt luxury budhead. Perma TS like Detect Hiden + See Hiden is.

Feinar

Fledgling Freddie
Matmardigan said:
Ex Auribus Cognoscitur Asinus.

TS with 30 minute timer isnt luxury budhead. Perma TS like Detect Hiden + See Hiden is.

But! TS working on all stealth classes, detect hidden+sh didnt work on assasins. Same in NF - MoS will work on all stealth classes for archers and assasins cant detect each other.
And btw ^^ as i said loooong time ago, if archers get smthing to avoid assasins and\or being able for first attack rights (when perma-ts was announced), its not a "payback", its a overpowering of 1 class, because ranged stealth class >> melee stealth class with the same abilities. I am talking not about "arch vs. assasin" wars - look at new whine threads bout archers from regular classes\groups. They are = current whine assasins threads x 10 times. Beacuse the game need somebody to hunt for archers, but only 1 true archer hunters, the assasins, cant come close to them heh. I didnt say its good or bad - just a fact. Ofc i can live with it ^^.

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Feinar said:
if archers get smthing to avoid assasins and\or being able for first attack rights (when perma-ts was announced), its not a "payback", its a overpowering of 1 class, because ranged stealth class >> melee stealth class with the same abilities.

imo Assasin must have an hard life, like archers have.

since more than 2 years assasins got an easy mode char. Gank the archer get ur free rp's.

imo, it must be harder 4 assasins 2 get rp's, they should WORK 4 their rp's.

i hope nf will change the easy mode assasin life.

Feinar

Fledgling Freddie
Matmardigan said:
imo Assasin must have an hard life, like archers have.

since more than 2 years assasins got an easy mode char. Gank the archer get ur free rp's.

imo, it must be harder 4 assasins 2 get rp's, they should WORK 4 their rp's.

i hope nf will change the easy mode assasin life.

But why detect hidden and sh was introduced in to the game? Cause archers was able to 1-3 shot ppl, restealth, change position and do it again... Thats was easy mode, because archers dont need to be in melee to kill the target. Ofc, this was long time ago, so we all forget about it.
And my RP are gained not only from archers. 20% yes, maybe (i am not sure), but all other - from assasins, mincers sometimes and all other classes.
And we work for our RPs. Dont know why you think that assasin life is easy mode... Well, maybe infil's is, i dont know. Atleast we must be to close to the enemy as possible (in that case we have higher stealth), instead of standing far away on hill or the wall, shooting to the targets and have a distance for good chance to run away if any. Now remove detect hidden and sh abilities (aye, sh was not the best idea tbh, but Mythic step to the same rake again in NF) and you get the situation when "archers was able to 1-3 shot ppl, restealth, change position and do it again" (quoting myself). SH was bad, but in NF we back to old times, with new things like FZ, PD, IP etc (whats next? we will w8 for new, stronger, version of dh and sh? i dont want it, i am up for balance).
Now i want to repeat, i am telling not about our standings. Regular classes are suffer from archers (new fotm) even more then assasins cause they are many, they are everywhere and who will hunt for em, if they can just avoid the battle even with assasin? I think you forgot about your revenge after the 1-st week in NF. Just farm RP from everywhere. And assasins will be only small addition to it.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone who thinks an archer can just kill someone in a full group and get away with it needs a twatting with the clever stick. :twak:

Feinar

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
Anyone who thinks an archer can just kill someone in a full group and get away with it needs a twatting with the clever stick. :twak:

But we, ofc, have a better chance, isnt it? Especially with Shadow Run imo.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Feinar said:
But we, ofc, have a better chance, isnt it? Especially with Shadow Run imo.

That's not the point Matmardigan was making about archers and assasins; a point which you accidentally backed up. Matmardigan was saying about how, for the past two years, pre-ToA and NF, assasins have simply farmed archers. You quote the archer's range as it's advantage, but I think you just choose to ignore how blissfully easy it used to be to stealth up to an archer and go about convincing him that it was in fact his disadvantage.

Feinar

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
That's not the point Matmardigan was making about archers and assasins; a point which you accidentally backed up. Matmardigan was saying about how, for the past two years, pre-ToA and NF, assasins have simply farmed archers. You quote the archer's range as it's advantage, but I think you just choose to ignore how blissfully easy it used to be to stealth up to an archer and go about convincing him that it was in fact his disadvantage.

Actually no, i read all what he is writting, but OK.
How we can forget about archer's range anyway? Its their primary ability. And they using it, by accident or not ^^ They lost to assasin in melee, but mostly win in range fights against others. No, no mostly? Hell, assasin can loose in melee too, its a not surprise to anyone i think.
I am falling to flame again? Ok. Lets see what archers want (and get tbh) in NF:
- being able to make a good damage from distance and vanish
- being able to avoid any melee fights
- if melee fight happens, being able to have as many chances to stay live, as possible. Or just kill the stupid assasin, who distrub their farming

In short, my point of view (to not flame anymore): archers not so good (or just bad if you prefer it) in "stealth wars", but still can do a good damage from distance (critshot are good, same as PA, but no need to run, catch, stay in front etc). Another words, they have a good reason to attack a different solo ppl, adding to fg vs fg or zerg battles (NF paradise). Ofc assasins makes their lives harder, but still, they got their RPs, same as we are. And i see no reason why make them unvulnerable for all other classes. Thats it.

PS: And there was a point, which you accidentally backed up: why SH was added to the game.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
See Hidden was added to the game as a rediculous mistake; one that was repealed and universally accepted as one of the stupidest things ever introduced to DAoC. I remember fully how things use to be, even if you don't. I remember walking to AMG and using True Sight, seeing a Shadowblade with See Hidden casually making his way towards me. I open fire, and I was amazed, by the time he got to me he only had 20% left! He didn't evade every arrow! Then he IPd.

You saying that archers used to be overpowered is laughable.

Now I would say it's alright.

zx^

One of Freddy's beloved
Critshot = shooting an object which stand completely still, is not in combat, dont got bladeturn or is a char which can run pbt as theurgs etc. can be issued at long range 2300 .

Pa = range face to face, bladeturn nope, combat issues not that i know off, can hit pple who run.

:cheers:

yes if target stand still, aint in combat stance dont got bladeturn then critshot is nice
A.ex. u dont get critshot of that often.

i dont know if u can fail a PA if u just know a tat what ur doing.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Don't forget that PAs can crit, ironically, critshots can't. Also, PAs gain a bonus on sitting targets, no archery attacks do.

Feinar

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
See Hidden was added to the game as a rediculous mistake

Yes, as it is - its a big advantage and mistake. But again: why it was added? Beacuse of archer's impunity imo. And afaik, not because assasins was asked for it...
PS: Thanx, i remember that IP was on assasins. But they fix it asap.

Feinar

Fledgling Freddie
zx^ said:
i dont know if u can fail a PA if u just know a tat what ur doing.

You can if fight happens on border wall or running target lagging like hell.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
It can be argued that See Hidden was introduced to control the archer population, but it practically obliterated it. Detect Hidden is enough.

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Feinar said:
1.) But why detect hidden and sh was introduced in to the game? Cause archers was able to 1-3 shot ppl, restealth, change position and do it again... Thats was easy mode, because archers dont need to be in melee to kill the target. Ofc, this was long time ago, so we all forget about it.

2.) And we work for our RPs. Dont know why you think that assasin life is easy mode... Atleast we must be to close to the enemy as possible (in that case we have higher stealth), instead of standing far away on hill or the wall, shooting to the targets and have a distance for good chance to run away if any.

3.) Now remove detect hidden and sh abilities (aye, sh was not the best idea tbh, but Mythic step to the same rake again in NF) and you get the situation when "archers was able to 1-3 shot ppl, restealth, change position and do it again" (quoting myself). SH was bad, but in NF we back to old times, with new things like FZ, PD, IP etc (whats next? we will w8 for new, stronger, version of dh and sh? i dont want it, i am up for balance).

4.) Regular classes are suffer from archers (new fotm) even more then assasins cause they are many, they are everywhere and who will hunt for em, if they can just avoid the battle even with assasin? I think you forgot about your revenge after the 1-st week in NF. Just farm RP from everywhere. And assasins will be only small addition to it.

1.) in beta time Scouts was Overpowerd yes. B4 ra's was introduced, slam wasnt purgeable and all stealthers have had the posibilitie 2 restealth without relay. But this is history and got nerfed fast.

2.) just talkin about Archer<->Assasin relationship, its quet easier 2 force any1 into melee than 4 an archer 2 kill any1 from Range. Archers have 2 use Max Range 2 be succesfull but most ppl rush away or archers get jumped by assasins b4 they can finish off their targets. Through dh+sh+better stealth+sl+dot/snare/str-con decrese poisons its quiet easier 2 kill ppl than from Range. Give posibilitie 2 poison arrows and everything will change.

3.) agree

4.) nf didnt hit us, dont want wildcatting about it atm. But ofc i think it will be easier 4 ranged classes cause the keep fights.

zx^

One of Freddy's beloved
Feinar sh been added and as everything else overpowered :D it gets nerfed/deleted ? or did i miss something.
but i like the way u say to control archer population.. dont u think LA did a big bite in that, getting 2 swing hitted that aint one of the funniest things:S

Lagging targets as u so well put it .. we got that to.. , then we got Fumble and miss.. on Critshot .. can u fumble a PA ? or if u stand perfect can u then Miss the PA? just a question since i never played an assasin.
how many times when u PA, cd a target do u kill it ? depends of class ofc. but i know getting paed from varg for 1500 dmg and getting a cd right after dont really make me wanna use ip :p ohh.. i cant im stunned :O

zx^

One of Freddy's beloved
forgot this one ..
Can u block a PA :D
cos u can block a critshot ... and quiet easy :S

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
zx^ said:
forgot this one ..

u cant block an pa which is against u, but u can block an pa 4 any1 in group which u guarding. David blocked an pa+cd 4 me last time :D

Feinar

Fledgling Freddie
Matmardigan said:
4.) nf didnt hit us, dont want wildcatting about it atm. But ofc i think it will be easier 4 ranged classes cause the keep fights.

My PoV on NF: archers on 1 side, mages on other, they fighting, and all tank\melee classes running somewhere between, trying to hit smthing ^^. Will see, mb i am wrong heheh.

zx^ said:
Feinar sh been added and as everything else overpowered :D it gets nerfed/deleted ? or did i miss something.
but i like the way u say to control archer population.. dont u think LA did a big bite in that, getting 2 swing hitted that aint one of the funniest things:S

They trying to do smthing (adding cammo, TS), but not so successful. Tbh, i am, personally, dont care, if i am able to see archer or not, lets other classes whine about it ^^. I just dont like that we was forced to hunt em (and now getting "payback"). I have more other things to do =P. (Btw, i think if archers, not assasins, was able to take SH or perma-ts, they do it without any doubts hehe. Correct me if i am wrong.)
As for LA - nah i dont think it. Atleast about fixed LA and whole LA mechanics. DW\CD are better.

zx^ said:
Lagging targets as u so well put it .. we got that to.. , then we got Fumble and miss.. on Critshot .. can u fumble a PA ? or if u stand perfect can u then Miss the PA? just a question since i never played an assasin.

You can fail PA cause of lag, or if target decide to turn somewhere at last moment. Another words, when target too far or when you hit not in face. No fumbles. Sometimes i got an "fail" message on perfect situations, when target was staying on the hill at the zonewall (near MGs). Sometimes it fail just in the field, but its some kind of mini-lags imo.

zx^ said:
how many times when u PA, cd a target do u kill it ? depends of class ofc.

Hard to tell ^^. I didnt count. But yes, its based on class, i choosed for PA.

zx^ said:
but i know getting paed from varg for 1500 dmg and getting a cd right after dont really make me wanna use ip :p ohh.. i cant im stunned :O

Varg my idol :worthy:

PS: and Brittle Guards affected us all ^^

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
I think it's pretty stupid to be making opinions on New Frontiers already.

Feinar

Fledgling Freddie
zx^ said:
forgot this one ..

As Mat says. And CD can be blocked ofc ^^

Feinar

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
I think it's pretty stupid to be making opinions on New Frontiers already.

Its stupid to say "i am sure, it will be like <this>", but nothing wrong in opinions i think. Especially when we already have info how it working from US (i know, diff playstyle, population, skill etc, but anyway).

zx^

One of Freddy's beloved
Feinar i wasnt talking about the Nerfed LA im talking about the Sh unlimitted range (almost :p) and LA doing 300-400 per swing .. got a few screenies of that :S ofc i were rr1 and it wasnt nerfed back then.. but i know i was one of the few scouts which played during that cos pple got tired of dieing so easy.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Feinar said:
Its stupid to say "i am sure, it will be like <this>", but nothing wrong in opinions i think. Especially when we already have info how it working from US (i know, diff playstyle, population, skill etc, but anyway).

I wouldn't value the opinions of the VN boarders at a penny. They said Darkness Falls fucked up the game. It didn't. They said spellcrafting fucked up the game. It didn't. They said ToA fucked up the game. It didn't. They said New Frontiers fucked up the game. It wont.

Feinar

Fledgling Freddie
zx^ said:
Feinar i wasnt talking about the Nerfed LA im talking about the Sh unlimitted range (almost :p) and LA doing 300-400 per swing .. got a few screenies of that :S ofc i were rr1 and it wasnt nerfed back then.. but i know i was one of the few scouts which played during that cos pple got tired of dieing so easy.

You confused me ^^. Its about pre-nerf LA, or after? Anyway, atm infils can do same dmg without any troubles. Worked as intended ;) .

zx^

One of Freddy's beloved
Loxleyhood said:
I wouldn't value the opinions of the VN boarders at a penny. They said Darkness Falls fucked up the game. It didn't. They said spellcrafting fucked up the game. It didn't. They said ToA fucked up the game. It didn't. They said New Frontiers fucked up the game. It wont.

They said ToA fucked up the game. It didn't. ---- it did :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom