fao goa (subscription)

Cernos

Fledgling Freddie
I'd previously set my subs to manual renewal. I got NO EMAIL as claimed to notify me of these changes to automatic renewal, I only found out thanks to getting a heads up from a guild mate.

I had already decided to take a subscription break from the game until they fix all the things I currently feel are wrong with the game. Given this deceptive behaviour by GOA that's it, I'm cancelling for good. If I play WAR again, it'll be on US servers.

I've been trying to give GOA the benefit of the doubt and not judge them on past mistakes, but this issue on top of all the others is just too much. If this is how they intend to do business, well they've created another ex customer.

Baldanah

Fledgling Freddie
Well , GOA do it again ......

Had already cancelled my subcription before that email went out .
Decided to double check today , and guess what ....

That right , my subcription was set to " Automatic Renewal " despite the fact i had previously cancelled it .

Money had better not go out of my account again , like it did numerous times with DAoC .

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe someone should send GOA an email saying "I'm gonna swing by your offices tonight and take all your computers. If you don't want me to, please mail me back within the next 15 minutes."

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Canceled here too, wtf, there was an option to NOT auto renew. Thanks to the OP anyway :drink:

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Maybe someone should send GOA an email saying "I'm gonna swing by your offices tonight and take all your computers. If you don't want me to, please mail me back within the next 15 minutes."

got 5€ in my pocket.. doubt its gonne pay for the trip :p

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
It has become pretty obvious by now that Nic and Magnus have been told to follow the company line, which is a blanket ignore of this situation. I don't really blame them for that, they are doing their job (tricky given Magnus' previous post, but doable).

What really annoys me is the ethos of a company that would treat its customers that way and insist they Opt out of monthly payment. Obviously their are some internal politics going on here, and middle management at GOA are happy to alienate a couple of hundred people. They are fully aware that over the next few months there will still be people being wrongly billed because they haven't read their email or come across one of these threads. Truth is as far as GoA is concerned that doesn't seem to matter.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Exactly my thoughts.

They don't seem to give a shit.

They don't advertise so as a company they obviously don't want or expect any new users and are counting on word of mouth. So how is ripping off customers who decided to take a break going to tempt people back? Or indeed prompt people to recommend them?

I just don't understand how a company in such a position can act so retarded, I am sorry but there is no other way of saying it.

They have a game which with enough patches and tweaks could be awsome and what do they do? scrabble about trying to squeeze a few more quid out of existing customers who have decided to take a break (for whatever reason)

Not exactly the kind of service that was promised by Mr Jacobs is it.....?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Sort of a double post but I am drunk and had to edit :p

Exactly my thoughts.

They don't advertise so as a company they obviously don't want or expect any new users and are counting on word of mouth. So how is ripping off customers who decided to take a break going to tempt people back? Or indeed prompt people to recommend them?

I just don't understand how a company in such a position can act so retarded, I am sorry but there is no other way of saying it.

They have a game which with enough patches and tweaks could be awsome and what do they do? scrabble about trying to squeeze a few more quid out of existing customers who have decided to take a break (for whatever reason) They seem to think that this is the way you treat your customers. I am sorry but...WHAT? Has the flash guy been spreading his idiocy or something?

And to answer Tallen "Slanderous accusations are not going to solve anything."

No they aren't but... Using a credit card to take money without the owners consent is illegal. Full stop. This is what GOA have done, therefore they have broken the law. They cannot hide behind a EULA or a CoC because such a contract (or any contract) can not, under any circumstances force any party to break the law.

They shouldn't even store the card details if the customer is buying a one off product (such as 1 months sub) without the customers explicit consent. If there was no option of auto renewal then it is a one off payment for a one off product (1 months sub) so they should NOT have kept the customers card details. If there was an option for auto renewal (which tbh i am fairly sure there wasn't) then there is no way on earth they should change those that picked "No" into picking "yes"

Its fairly basic law. I am pretty much amazed that a company that is backed by EA/Mythic could fuck up on such a basic level. The phrase "I told you so" just doesn't do it justice.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
They don't advertise

The rest of your post isn't entirely wrong (I don't agree with the tone but I agree that this billing thing just ain't right) - but they definitely have been advertising...

Baldanah

Fledgling Freddie
Well , after finding out they re-activated my account after i had already cancelled it , i sent in a support ticket .
Having problems trying to re cancel the account again because of the stupid flash setup so asked them to cancel it .

Didn't ask for a refund as i noticed my account was re-activated before the next subs are due ( 25th Nov ).

This is the reply i got :-

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning, Ticket ref: #242710
--

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us in relation to your issue.

The subscription automatic renewal function was made active on all accounts on the 14th of November on which date an e-mail was sent to you informing you of this action.

This action was taken to improve our subscription service as you will not have to renew your subscription period manually.

You will now be able to avoid disruption to your game access between subscription periods.

While we apologise there may be some confusion around the implementation of this policy this was a necessary action to improve our service to you.

This policy can be found in the 2nd article of our General terms of Subscription which has been included since the release of WAR which states:

Section 2

“For payment through the banking system, your subscription will be renewed automatically starting on the anniversary date of your subscription period for durations identical to the subscription duration that you chose.”

Additional information can be also read here:

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning
Also we are unfortunately unable to process your refund request as your subscription period has already started.

Section 6

“Each subscription period that has begun will be billed and non-refundable, whether in full or in part. Similarly, failure to use your subscription during a subscription period does not give you the right to any refund.”

In addition to this, the e-mail sent to you informing you of the automatic renewal update was sent in order to give you adequate time in order to cancel your subscription if necessary.

In order to cancel your next automatic renewal please log into your account at Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning

~So , yet again the monkeys at GoA can't read a simple and concise support ticket and reply accurately to what was asked .

Also they didn't even mention why they had re-activated my subscription after i cancelled .

Nor did they accede to my request that they cancel my account .

Nice that they sent me that email , cause if any money goes out of my bank now , i will sent that email to the banks and uk trading standards , pretty sure they won't take a good view of it , especially as GoA admitted they forcibly set all accounts to auto renew without express permission .

Wai

Fledgling Freddie
Exactly my thoughts.

They have a game which with enough patches and tweaks could be awsome and what do they do? scrabble about trying to squeeze a few more quid out of existing customers who have decided to take a break (for whatever reason)

Exactly the reason why last night I decided to quit. The problem hasn't been resolved and given Nic's post it looks like rather than it being a problem that is going to be GOA's way of doing business.

As you said they won't advertise the game properly I bet just rely hopefully on word of mouth, and after this will I reccomend the game to a friend? Definatly not!
So if I won't, I bet there are others that won't and before long we have a game doing a DAoC. Nice pops to begin with that slowly die out as the old names leave and aren't replaced by new ones.

If I do play the game again I'll go to a US server. I said before the game was released I'd stay on the EU servers and give GOA a chance, after all they're bound to have learnt from previous mistakes made in DAoC... aren't they?

aika

Can't get enough of FH
same here, I was randomly browsing my email that I subscribed with (dont really use it for everyday use) and saw that notification - went to goa's site and found out that i'm on auto renew - that despite the fact that I remember disabling it on purpose since I'm at uni and cant rly play.
Was really lucky tbh, they could've charged me and i wouldnt even notice it for some time.
wtg goa :(

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
My question is this,if GOA renewed my subs this month on auto renewal which thankfully I cancelled again before I was billed will they auto renewal my account next month and every month coming in which every month I then have to go back subs page and take renewal off.

Hope this was a 1 off and they take it that not subscribing means NO.

Soulja

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Are GOA short of cash ?

Is this a way of grabbing a few extra euro's ?

Cannot think of any other reason for acting in this way.

They do need to be careful because if enough peeps moan to the credit/debit card peeps they could find their access to the clearing system removed.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
a guy i work with, his wife is a solicitor, she's coming in to our office tomorrow. so checking this out with her to see what can be done....

taB

Part of the furniture
Monday morning.

Time to remove fingers from arses and provide a satifactory response.

Thanks.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I see the standard tactic of utter silence stands....

Maybe if they ignore it long enough it will go away...like their customers

Baldanah

Fledgling Freddie
Personally , i have told them to remove any card details linked to my account from the billing system .
Especially after setting my account to auto renew after i had cancelled it .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom