fao goa (subscription)

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Right, i've got an email.. wich several mates of me got aswell.

I payed for a month right, on purpose not selecting automatic renewal..

and what do i get...
In accordance with the subscription terms and conditions, the option of automatic subscription renewal has now been activated.

THIS IS WRONG!
if you give me a option for auto renewal and making me able NOT TO SELECT IT.. and i chose NOT TO SELECT IT. I dont want them to select it for me afterwards

Nate

FH is my second home
Right, i've got an email.. wich several mates of me got aswell.

I payed for a month right, on purpose not selecting automatic renewal..

and what do i get...
In accordance with the subscription terms and conditions, the option of automatic subscription renewal has now been activated.

THIS IS WRONG!
if you give me a option for auto renewal and making me able NOT TO SELECT IT.. and i chose NOT TO SELECT IT. I dont want them to select it for me afterwards

If you continue your quote you will find the end of that sentance which you've put a full stop where there is one goes

"for the following payment methods:"

The sentance that worries me is, this one:

" Should you at anytime wish to cancel this facility, you can disable it by visiting the My Profile/Subscription section of the official website."

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
If you continue your quote you will find the end of that sentance which you've put a full stop where there is one goes

"for the following payment methods:"

The sentance that worries me is, this one:

" Should you at anytime wish to cancel this facility, you can disable it by visiting the My Profile/Subscription section of the official website."

My point is; DONT TOUCH MY SUBSCRIPTION SETTINGS!! if this is the way they want to keep making money.. how about get origins up for some extra..

mooSe_

FH is my second home
They better not auto renew since that last sub wasn't payed off my credit card.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
O wtf we are back at auto charges Daoc times?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Will check my statement then I guess, no way am I giving those fuckers any money when the game is like it is.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I've got a 3 month sub but I'd chosen not to auto-renew, preferring just to pay as and when, and they've turned on autorenewal.

I'm not impressed.

Suppose I can go turn it off but is it going to get turned back on again?

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I'm not pleased about this. There should be an option to select one time payment or subscription when you make the payment.

It feels like it's been sneaked into the terms and conditions instead of us being made aware of it whilst paying.

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Yeah they auto-enabled the autorenew. I had to manually disable it.

Not what it was originally indicated in the subscription screen is what I remember.

Nate

FH is my second home
Theres a link for Terminate Subscription - Suspend the automatic renewel of your subscription.

It sounds a bit more hefty then it's description. Has anyone clicked it yet? Can you still log in? ;o

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Same here got auto renewal,how hell can GOA do this without our permission ?

I didn't press auto renew so why would GOA mess with my account and put it on auto.

Well goes to show how much GOA care for they subscribers :(

Soulja

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
My partners account was also on auto renew.

I had this happen before on DAoC, it was one of the reasons I left GoA and went to Mythic. It just saddens me that even with all the investment, new staff and with seven years of experience hosting MMO's, the same mistakes are just being repeated over and over again.

Just cancelled my GoA subscription and my partners. I have given them the benefit of the doubt with War, after a lot of bad experiences with DAoC, but there comes a point were you can't keep giving them another chance, especially when they seem unable to learn from their mistakes.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Mine wasn't on auto renewal and hasn't been turned on either and it was on the list of cards that the email had on it so I don't see the fuss to be honest.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Just double checked - it had been switched on sometime between me checking at about 6pm tonight and now.. that's not good.

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
Well im pretty sure i didnt want the auto-renewal thingie and i unchecked it, now i got it activated again, but i dont know how to cancel it, any tips?.

PS: and WTF is goa doing activating it? its a joke ? a sad way to get money? or the crappy flash site does it aswell?xd waiting for a "we're sorry bla bla bla "....

EDIT: i checked my mail and i see the e-mail from goa saying that the auto renewal is now available for 2 payment methods, but why do they activate it to me if i dont want it :> shouldnt be me who does it?...

Okeh cancelled it... not very happy with it tho...

Bluelion

Fledgling Freddie
I'm going to assume that this was an error on GOAs behalf. Surely they didn't seriously intend to switch everyones renewal on? I shall be fuming if this happens again, thank goodness for this thread else I'd have lost another months subs :(

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
It's great when people don't read agreements :s

EULA:
Once you have accepted our subscription General Conditions and established your Account, We will charge the relevant fee for your Account subscription to your credit card, plus any applicable taxes that We are required to collect. Thereafter, whenever your subscription payment is due, We will charge your subscription, plus any applicable taxes that We are required to collect, to your credit card. If We are unable to process this operation, your Account may be terminated automatically and instantaneously.

If you cancel your subscription it shouldn't renew. If you don't cancel your subscription it will renew as outlined in the EULA.

If you cancel your subscription but it still renews, then you can have some fun. Otherwise I'd suggest reading the EULA in the future ;)

It feels like it's been sneaked into the terms and conditions instead of us being made aware of it whilst paying.

It wasn't sneaked in. It's just that 99% of people don't bother to read the EULA.

mettrik

Fledgling Freddie
Happened to me too, really unhappy my Subs automatic renewal was turned on without my consent.

:twak:Goa:twak:

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
I paid for a three month period, specifically choosing not to auto renew (being paranoid from earlier GOA stunts!).
After reading this post I just had to check and what a de-ja-vu!

Capture.JPG

GOA seriously....! :twak:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
lol imagine if you had a years subscription and it got auto renewed (lets say you forgot about the game and it re-charged you). Would be kinda gay.

I pressed the terminate button and it basically says you have cancelled automatic subscription.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Turn it off, it switchs back to manual, just checked.
That said this isn't any good, i declared to want it manual.
Stop trying to be "smart" Goa.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
It wasn't sneaked in. It's just that 99% of people don't bother to read the EULA.

Oh I read it, about a month ago. For some strange reason I didn't bother to memorise every single part of it, did you?

I wouldn't mind so much if it was plainly obvious whilst making the payment that this was going to be a subscription. It merely says that I'm subscribing for X month(s) when starting the process, not that it's a recurring payment.

From what I remember the auto renew wasn't turned on at the time of me subscribing, turning it on long after the event is a bad idea.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
I did read the EULA, hence why i went with the option of game-time cards. I don't trust 1) Their supposedly secure system 2) I don't like the idea of autorenew.

Long as that's the set up, i'll continue only using game-time cards.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
the error was with them giving the option of "don't autorenew just now" initially.

However the email telling me that the subscription was now set to automatic was badly worded (it wasn't particularly obvious that they'd now started it autorenewing for me).

I don't mind them requiring that I'm on autorenew unless I cancel the next sub but the fact I'd chosen not to be on autorenew then got switched to be on autorenew without so much as a "sorry, you were on no-autorenew but in the T&C you've agreed to you need to be. We've changed this for you - if you don't want to autorenew you need to login and cancel your subscription"

They got about one line of that (the last one)...

Glema

Fledgling Freddie
Mine is still on manual renewal so either it's just a mistake with some peoples accounts or they haven't got around to me yet :ninja:

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
I had to cancel my auto-update (using Subscription panel - not the Terminate Sub part)

Automatically enabling auto-renewal without consent is against the law in many countries and very poor form globally.

I like to have full control over when and where my money is spent, thank you very much.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Yeah if it says in the eula that they are gonna auto renew us, then why give us an option to turn it off, especially one that doesn't work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom