FAO: Friars

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Psht...some casters would give their left testicle or ovary to get hits that high. :p

A

Apathy

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
Ofcourse it's slower, but what I mean: A 295 heal won't safe nobody in RvR.

I see it purely as something as 'after healing' or for PvE. Then is 18 rejuv more then enough.

Friars as healers in RvR is an illusion IMO. Roll a cleric then :)

I use my spec heal on tanks and spam the other two on casters/hybrids. But the best reason for going high rejuv is purely for the lower variance in the healing.

a.

C

Cabo-

Originally posted by Apathy
Seriously? Because that's the spec I want, kinda. Full range of support abilities = hurrah. And I don't do much damage with 38 enh, even with 39 staff. What's the difference in damage like and how important are your RAs? I'm only RR3. :/

a.

dmg aint that good, but prim went 48e instead of 38e because of the removal of buff cap in the furure patches, so my weap skill would be higher.

of pasives ra's i got mopain 2 wild healing 2 sereniry 1

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
Ofcourse it's slower, but what I mean: A 295 heal won't safe nobody in RvR.

I see it purely as something as 'after healing' or for PvE. Then is 18 rejuv more then enough.

Friars as healers in RvR is an illusion IMO. Roll a cleric then :)

Ha ha! That is exactly what I said to him as well. :D

A

Apathy

A cleric can't solo as well in PvE.

A cleric can't do as much dmg as I can.

A cleric is just too stressful.

a.

V

Vireb

sorry but all you people saying wanna heal rooll a cleric are talking complete bullshit :)

Yes ok a friar does nto heal as well as a cleric but point is its not the main healer it never is intended to be but it helps especially at start of a fight. You hang back with cleric and through a few heals about untill oom then start laying the smack down with your staff. you have a mana bar ffs use it in every fight no point charging into a battle and then dieing with 95% mana when you couldve used that ( with 25 rejuv thats like 2500 hp of healing with good piety level) so im sorry all you people who think friars are uber tanks etc need to reroll because tbh in REAL rvr a buffed armsman is better as a tank by far than a friar. when will people realise friars are support classes :p as in ment to support

O

old.Zeikerd

I know what pisses me off the most, being dead 95% of the fight while a friar with full power goes charging all the enemies while he could get me on my feet in a few seconds.

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by old.Zeikerd
I know what pisses me off the most, being dead 95% of the fight while a friar with full power goes charging all the enemies while he could get me on my feet in a few seconds.

aye, those friars get on my nerves too.

I can guarentee ya though, if we're in battle and I'm not being hit, I'm rezzing any that are dead until I'm oop.

How's this for a spec btw:

48 enh 25 rej 37 staff 6 parry

Enhance: all but the last matter resist

Rej: 291 heal and less variance on small heals

Staff: Not too big a difference in damage from 37-44 (what I have atm)

Parry: just a thing to blow extra points on, not really worth speccing in

A well rounded friar that can hit like a Semi and can help heal when needed

R

ReaLX

Gah, u guys made we wonder again: Is the last matter resist buff worth 49 points???

A

Apathy

Most of the healing I do comes under one of the following -

1) Spam group heal hard and fast for ~120 a cast. During or after battle.
2) Spam small base heal on someone who is MOCing.
3) Throw a fat one at a tank.

I don't like to rez casters in my group in RvR if there is a cleric with power and 100% rez. Tanks I'll rez no problem and anyone not in my group shouldn't be lying face down and waving their RP-ripe ass in my face. :p

a.

A

Apathy

Originally posted by ReaLX
Gah, u guys made we wonder again: Is the last matter resist buff worth 49 points???

Not for what you lose in staff/rejuv.

a.

R

ReaLX

well, but i was thinking:
39staff, 18rejuv, 48enh, 13parry OR
39staff, 18rejuv, 49enh, 9 parry

I don't know what would be the best defense, 4 more in parry or 8% less DoT damage....

A

Apathy

4 parry = 2% increase in chance to parry.

Go for the 49 enh with that spec.

a.

Y

-yoda-

my 50 spec is 39staff , 49 ench , 15 juve , 13 parry ,

spaced as a battle friar. as vireb said friars are not and never were intended as primary healers in a grp . i spec'd 15 juve for the NOn ghetto rez and only for the rez . i will stand back as vireb said and heal till im oom "or attacked" then i start slapping people with my stick . 49 ench is from my little rvr exp with a friar is worth it , and your grp will love it , 13 parry cos boards ive read parry is or soon gets fixed in rvr ? ive only recently been rvr with my friar "dinged on thursday" so i guess i cant cast much judgement just yet . but thus far im very happy with my spec :) all i need now is get my mp armor/staff sc'd and proc'd etc etc instead of rvring with my pve eq :p

M

Motowntheta

Give rejuv4tehwin :)

Sorry....

29 Staff
34 Rejuv
49 Enhance
4 Parry :)

If you only want to hit hard like a tank roll a polearmsman ...
If you only want to play whack-a-mole heals roll a cleric ...

If you want to have an excellent class that you can actually spec more than one way (checks his sig for his earth theurg) is a blast in pve and rvr, can generate a staff vs rejuv argument every day of the year... ROLL A GODAM FRIAR...... ;)

Were fun because (in the main) were fixed :)

(pfft wish HOT did more though :) )

A

Apathy

The HOT sucks...don't bother going 34 when 33 will be just as good. You can then get a few more points in parry or staff.

a.

B

benedictines

45 staff 7 rejuv 47 enhance rest parry

gimped? hehe yes i am but still rr6 :p

C

Cabo-

Originally posted by Apathy
The HOT sucks...don't bother going 34 when 33 will be just as good. You can then get a few more points in parry or staff.

a.

still hoping they will give us something usefull ... someday ... thats why i went 34r.

J

Jiggs

i have 36staff atm, banish caps at around 600 on 5.6spd

any friar with over 25reju is seriously gimped offensively, i find a fair difference in my miss rate since i respec down from 44 then 39 staff, anything less than 36would be too low imo

O

old.LandShark

Friar dex > Minstrel str
Don't see how your miss rate can even be worth mentioning tbh :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom