FAO: Friars

T

Trinilim

Anyone have any input on the new hp regen spell in the 24+ rejuv line?

I've heard about it and wanted to know if it's worth it or not :)

P

Pfy

Have 25 Rejuv and the first HoT (24 rej). Initial views are ...

... thats it's totally fucking shite.

P

Pfy

Oh yeah.

4s Cast, 15s duration and 37HP/3secs (on the delve, dunno if it heals for more or not, doesn't print on the screen, so to speak).

T

Trinilim

Does it draw aggro to you and etc?

It might be good for downtime if it doesn't cost much

P

Pfy

Doesn't draw aggro afaik.

Power cost is 61 and only times I ever use it is when I'm either wanting to be laughed at or, filling up peoples HP's after being buffed.

A

Athis

It takes tons of power (about the same as 2xlvl 35 group heal)
Heals about the same as those 2xgroup heals
It takes 15 seconds to achieve that crappier healing
It takes ages to cast

I removed it from my quickbar after trying it out a few times, don't have the whole spell anymore and neither do I miss it. It is a completely and utterly useless spell. The one and only good side was that it didn't draw agro as far as I could tell.

J

Jiggs

its really shit, i really dont know why they didnt give us the same spec group heal as a bard?

A

Apathy

I have the lvl 34 HoT thing and it sucks more than me trying to get the last drop of Martini out of a bottle with a really thin straw.

a.

C

Cabo-

Originally posted by Apathy
I have the lvl 34 HoT thing and it sucks more than me trying to get the last drop of Martini out of a bottle with a really thin straw.

a.

pretty mutch says it yeah

M

Motowntheta

The only time it is useful is when you know your group is about to get attacked and you can cast it and then spam heals or group heals. Sort of fire and forget healing :)

T

Trinilim

ok thanks for the input, how high would you suggest I take rejuv then?

25 for the major heal?

A

Addlcove

7 for cure poison/disease

rest enhance
staff and parry

:)

R

ReaLX

i'm going 18rejuv for the not-so-lame heal u get there...

then just 48enh, 39staff, rest parry... it's a dull spec, i know :p

A

Apathy

The 33 spec heal heals for nearly 400 without any special healing RAs...takes around 2.5s. Good for using on tanks. With zero variance on the baseline heals, you can spam heal 145 on someone every <2s or 280 every ~2s. Fun. group heal does around 140 on everyone in 2.5s too. All hail friar dex!

But you'll lose out on either staff or enhancement and you will not do awfully well in actual fighting. I'm 39staff, 38enh, 34rej, 14parry and I think I would like to spec to lower staff to get higher enhance. 29 staff maybe. Become very VERY support-orientated and not hit anything at all unless someone decent is already on it. :p

a.

C

Cabo-

Originally posted by ReaLX
i'm going 18rejuv for the not-so-lame heal u get there...

then just 48enh, 39staff, rest parry... it's a dull spec, i know :p

my old spec, its not dull, quite good if your not rr5

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by Cabo-
my old spec, its not dull, quite good if your not rr5

what's your spec now might I ask? :)

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Motowntheta
Then /delete eh Bedders :)

bedwin was 14rejuv, 32staff 15parry and rest enhance at level 42 (or something like that) ;)

A

Apathy

Originally posted by Cabo-
29s48e34r6p

Seriously? Because that's the spec I want, kinda. Full range of support abilities = hurrah. And I don't do much damage with 38 enh, even with 39 staff. What's the difference in damage like and how important are your RAs? I'm only RR3. :/

a.

O

old.LandShark

Top resist buffs = crucial part of support. Far more so than high rejuv, in my opinion. After that decide if you want to be a resist-buffer with heals or a resist-buffing fighter :p

V

Vireb

tbh best spec rr5 +i think is 36 staff , 48 enh , 25 rejuv , 10 parry

36 + 4 (rr5)+ 11 you have active 51 staff ok so not great but still not bad
25 + 4 + 11 looking at 40 rejuv baselin eheals will have little if no varience and you have a spec heal for 291

10 parry + 4 + 11 25 parry not great but certainly not bad

48 enh all buff except last matter resist but still you get 165 matter 24% heat and cold

definatly the spec i will take if i ever get my hands on a respec stone

P

Puppetmistress

39 staff = decent damage
49 enhance = all resist buffs, top of the bill baseline-buffs
9 parry = Parry is bugged but parry offers nothing special for a friar (no style from parry) and with 9+11+RR+MoP2 it's good enough
18 rejuv = 215 spec-heal, FO with baseline-heals

If a 215 heal won't safe you, neither will 295. Mana-costs are close to the same / hitpoints healed.

That way you got as only trade-off:

* Lesser spec-heals (woohoo, you've been hit for 500 dmg, OMG that 295 heal will safe me, NOT)
* No HoT. OMG, I don't get healed for 57 in 15 seconds, the horror!

Benefits:

* Best resist-buffs
* Very good staff-dmg
* Decent heal after downtime/2nd healer + best rezz + cure disease/poison

Perhaps it's cookie-cutter, I dunno. But they can shove rejuv. in their ass with my friar, 18 is the bloody max :)

O

old.LandShark

At what point do you people stop saying "decent damage" and start saying "good damage" ? It's not like 44staff or even 50staff instead of 39 will make a huge difference in dmg :m00:

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by old.LandShark
At what point do you people stop saying "decent damage" and start saying "good damage" ? It's not like 44staff or even 50staff instead of 39 will make a huge difference in dmg :m00:

Decent dmg compared to zerkers who hit with same speed but DW.

k?

O

old.LandShark

So "great" then?
Sorry, this might just be because english isn't your native language, but when someone says something is decent it usually means it's not that good... just satisfactory kinda thing. Whereas we all know 39staff is enough for a friar to hit like a truck anyways :p

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by old.LandShark
So "great" then?
Sorry, this might just be because english isn't your native language, but when someone says something is decent it usually means it's not that good... just satisfactory kinda thing. Whereas we all know 39staff is enough for a friar to hit like a truck anyways :p

I dunno, but I call it decent dmg. It's not GREAT damage, that's a zerker which hits for 800 in vendo. A friar hits for 300-400 on avg. which I don't call great tbh.

A

Apathy

The thing with high rejuv is that you can rely on a steady value for all your heals. I know my baselines will do 140 and 280 +/- 10. I know my group heal will do 120 +/-10. Relying solely on the 215 spec heal is silly since it is MUCH slower than the baseline heals when you are self-buffed.

Hrrm...I'll wait and see I guess.

a.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Apathy
The thing with high rejuv is that you can rely on a steady value for all your heals. I know my baselines will do 140 and 280 +/- 10. I know my group heal will do 120 +/-10. Relying solely on the 215 spec heal is silly since it is MUCH slower than the baseline heals when you are self-buffed.

Hrrm...I'll wait and see I guess.

a.

Ofcourse it's slower, but what I mean: A 295 heal won't safe nobody in RvR.

I see it purely as something as 'after healing' or for PvE. Then is 18 rejuv more then enough.

Friars as healers in RvR is an illusion IMO. Roll a cleric then :)

O

old.LandShark

No, 800dmg non-crit from a zerker isn't great, it's fucking overpowered. Great = as good as you can get it without being nerf-bait
300-400 on average? Hah. Not hardly bad...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom