FAO armsmans!

C

chosen

was wondering what the best arms spec is nowadays. and if anyone have tryed 50xbow/50shield then rest slash before ? :p
playing a armsman at prydwen atm so please tell me all ur secrets to be über !

K

Kagato.

Oh no, not this again.

See the other thread further down the page :rolleyes:

But for the record 50 Crossbow 50 Shield 28 Slash is what you'd end up with, or go 50/42 and the rest in slash.

The crossbow damage will be very very good, it does scale up nicely but the range will let you down, its extremely short even with the best bolts. The other advantage of cause is that you can choose your bolt damage freely to suite the enemy armour.

I may try it myself after 1.65 (see other thread).

C

chosen

Originally posted by Kagato.
Oh no, not this again.

See the other thread further down the page :rolleyes:

But for the record 50 Crossbow 50 Shield 28 Slash is what you'd end up with, or go 50/42 and the rest in slash.

The crossbow damage will be very very good, it does scale up nicely but the range will let you down, its extremely short even with the best bolts. The other advantage of cause is that you can choose your bolt damage freely to suite the enemy armour.

I may try it myself after 1.65 (see other thread).

hehe had no idea it was another one aswell :p but to the xbow spec i really wanne try it. u can atleast get in 2 - 3 xbow shots before a soloer reaches u, then slam and 2 - 3 more ?

I

ilienwyn

rofl @ xbow arms

Btw, so you know, I read some tests and 50xbow only gives about 20% more damage than 10xbow. So, go totally gimp yourself with xbow...

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by ilienwyn
rofl @ xbow arms

Btw, so you know, I read some tests and 50xbow only gives about 20% more damage than 10xbow. So, go totally gimp yourself with xbow...

You take these things way to seriously. I quite like my crossbow damage actually, I just thing the poor range lets it down.

To Chosen, you can easily get capped draw time on crossbows with good quickness, and probably can get a few shots of assuming your not interrupted. But I fear you will find yourself limited in using it due to the range, which is roughly the same as cleric smite range.

C

chosen

Originally posted by Kagato.
You take these things way to seriously. I quite like my crossbow damage actually, I just thing the poor range lets it down.

To Chosen, you can easily get capped draw time on crossbows with good quickness, and probably can get a few shots of assuming your not interrupted. But I fear you will find yourself limited in using it due to the range, which is roughly the same as cleric smite range.

hmm, stil think it could be a nice thing to try, and u will be unique aswell since i dont know any other armsmans trying it :)

I

ilienwyn

Uniqueness is good, but choosing something stupid/gimped cause it will make you unique is silly. Xbow has bad range and not that good damage considering how much it takes to shoot. For me, it would be much better if they remove xbow specc completely...

G

gunner440

or also you can go and make a scout which does the things you want :>

H

harebear

hihi scout cannot slam or wear plate thou, and he got lower hp :D

G

gunner440

yeah and he does 29183912 x more dmg with bow than arms with xbow which compensates

I

Ialkarn

Originally posted by ilienwyn
Uniqueness is good, but choosing something stupid/gimped cause it will make you unique is silly. Xbow has bad range and not that good damage considering how much it takes to shoot. For me, it would be much better if they remove xbow specc completely...

Why remove something it got a decent damage also if unspecced?
and btw ..maybe you think I 'm crazy
but crossbow+prevent flight fucking ownz.

T

Tiarta

Originally posted by Ialkarn

Mercenary + PF ownz ;)

I

ilienwyn

Originally posted by Ialkarn

Since it has decent damage without specc why specc it? It only gets about 20% more damage with 50xbow over 1xbow so no worth it imho. I didn't mean remove it completely, just make it so we can't specc it. If they give something better (like a shout that interrupts too :) ) remove it completely witout problem :D

O

Ocalinn

shouts? why not give us healing spells and fire bolts

M

Moody

Originally posted by Ocalinn
shouts? why not give us healing spells and fire bolts

Hmm tempting, but no. Just give us 50 weaponspec, 42 shield, 39 parry and the ability to use that 50 weaponspec with pole, 2H and 1H KTHXBYE!!!1!1! :(

C

chosen

my old armsman on alb/excaL (level 42 at that time) could kill yellows with xbow, remember me and dvl hidding in a bush killing shade with bolts !

K

Kagato.

Quite often gotten kills with the crossbow, when rooted or snared, or skalds try to do fly by messing, I knock em with the bow to drop there speed and stop them escaping or finish them off.

Just get a 16.5 dps bow with +7 crossbow on it and a touch of quickness.

I

ilienwyn

Originally posted by Moody
Hmm tempting, but no. Just give us 50 weaponspec, 42 shield, 39 parry and the ability to use that 50 weaponspec with pole, 2H and 1H KTHXBYE!!!1!1! :(

I agree. As for shouts? We shout and everyone fears our... gimpage ;)

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Glacier
Give armsman stealth :<

givz Arms evade like them fat firbies with tooth picks and them donkey trolls.

Once every 5 mins give them "rain of damp donuts" to make them feel loved, worst case scenario we can eat the donuts.

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Moody

Nuff said..

And Rain of Donuts too ......givz damned donuts.

D

Danamyr

Sorry - really not trying to be a pedant, but isn't the plural of Armsman 'Armsmen'? :D

D

Danamyr

Hmmm...just trying to add something constructive to this thread, I wonder if someone can explain this to me.

The 'pure' tanks of the three Realms are the Warrior, Hero and Armsman. Why is it that the Hero get's to Moose, and the Warrior and Armsman get bugger all?

I'm kind of sick of getting the stock reply 'Because Armsmen get plate'. That's a bullsh*t answer. Plate makes hardly any difference IMHO (happy to be corrected if I'm wrong).

I think that either Moose should be taken off the Hero and given to the Champ (instant new FOTM), or Armsmen and Warriors should be given something else.

I am ignoring the Armsmen's ability to use crossbows for the purpose of this debate (because I personally consider it to be little more than a PvE pulling tool)!

Opinions?

C

chosen

Originally posted by Danamyr
Hmmm...just trying to add something constructive to this thread, I wonder if someone can explain this to me.

The 'pure' tanks of the three Realms are the Warrior, Hero and Armsman. Why is it that the Hero get's to Moose, and the Warrior and Armsman get bugger all?

I'm kind of sick of getting the stock reply 'Because Armsmen get plate'. That's a bullsh*t answer. Plate makes hardly any difference IMHO (happy to be corrected if I'm wrong).

I think that either Moose should be taken off the Hero and given to the Champ (instant new FOTM), or Armsmen and Warriors should be given something else.

I am ignoring the Armsmen's ability to use crossbows for the purpose of this debate (because I personally consider it to be little more than a PvE pulling tool)!

Opinions?

NOt sure why they gave those heros that kinda ability.. IMO heros is a better class then armsman and warrior.
not sure how the weapon spec is in hibernia(as i never played hib) but someone told me u only have to spec one line and use loads of diffrence wpns like midgard we spec sword and can use both 1h and 2h ?

B

Belomar

Chosen, all realms are different. Heroes get moose form, but they still have to spec in two different spec lines to get access to 1H and 2H weapons. Warriors don't get moose form and truly lack profile, but they do get to spec in one damage line and can then use both 1H and 2H weapons. Heroes either spec in Celtic Spear (for 2H thrust) or Large Weapon (for 2H slash or crush) if they don't opt for a 50 shield/50 weapon guardbot spec. Also, don't forget that warriors were given +15% base damage some patches ago, and have the highest weaponskill in the game.

So overall I would say that heroes and warriors are pretty much evenly matched, whereas armsmen are the weakest of the main tanks.

A

Asha

hero -> moose
arms -> plate
warrior -> higher ws and no two line speccing silliness

warrior is best imo cause it can be very offensive or very defensive w/o gimping either - but I know f all tbh :p

Users who are viewing this thread