fao all: odins

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Roadie said:
this looks like a case of :

"hi!

im a high realm rank stealther and id like you to adopt a culture of not adding because that makes me virtualy invincable as im stupidly hard to beat 1:1 and i can pick my fights. If you dont comply to this ethos ill whine on a public forum and make up stuff about wanting "fair" fights while not hesitating to add onto most non-stealth fights i stumble across because in reality i just want arpees"

If everyone went to hadrians then beno bridges would have the same situation but it would be lame adding albs instead. Odins is garenteed action and thats why people go there, if you want fights without adds then every now and again spam irc channels with "im in XXX zone and there is nothing here for me to fight......" or sumthin. There will always be a place similar to odins especialy on such a low population server where the other zones are more likely to be dead.

Would help if emain docks were similar to odin and hadrians ones though.

Scouts aren't stupidly hard to beat 1v1 :p

The fact is adds are quite simply "shit", if your trying to fight somebody and a caster adds you have next to no chance of killing anything as you will die regardless of capped resists in seconds to a caster add, it is highly frustrating for anybody who doesn't adopt the zerg culture.

Anarch

Fledgling Freddie
Aoln said:
I'll keep it short.

Odin's is completely full of adding retarded mids who make rvr shit.

I propse to all hibs and albs (and any half decent mids) to go somewhere, anywhere else at all times and boycott odins, hopefully then mids will get a clue and fuck off somewhere else :)

Worth a try :m00:
fock of then and dont go there!11 its mid zone mids defend it how they want to and in old Of you and you f******** for friends was camping evry mile gate whit 300++ stealthers. dont like it dont go there tbh Aoln youre a good player try another place ? as long as albs/hib stealthers and random groups go to brynja to farm low lvl mids it will be camped and you will get added on.. now qq some more ore do summit about it and leave

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Nothing's going to change about this mindless rp-farming unless there is a change in how you earn realmpoints:

Let's see how many ppl will be trying to make this mass multiplayer game into a 1vs1 when e.g.:
- ...a solo kill will get you less rp then a kill you made working together in a grp.
- ...buffs have a limited range and you need a buffer in grp.

Let's see how many ppl are willing to go farm rp/be farmed for rp at bled bridge over and over when e.g.:
- ...you get next to no rp from random roaming fights like that without a strategic goal.
- ...you can only get rp when you are involved in an mission with a strategic objective like taking a keep/tower/intercepting reïnforcements in the area or defending.

All I'm saying is this game atm is -only- about rp. It's being morphed into something only a few ppl can enjoy.
I'm thinking those keeps and towers aren't just scenery. A huge part of the intended game is being ignored because it's not rewarded with rp.

I don't mind trying to get rp. I want my rp too just like everybody else. It's just I would like it to be more eventfull and more involving then the warped sillyness in the frontier atm.

I hear you say: "how many ppl will still be playing Daoc when they change it like that?"
tbh, more then there are now.
Think about it,
you knows it maek sense :wub:

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Gazon said:
Nothing's going to change about this mindless rp-farming unless there is a change in how you earn realmpoints:

Let's see how many ppl will be trying to make this mass multiplayer game into a 1vs1 when e.g.:
- ...a solo kill will get you less rp then a kill you made working together in a grp.
- ...buffs have a limited range and you need a buffer in grp.

Let's see how many ppl are willing to go farm rp/be farmed for rp at bled bridge over and over when e.g.:
- ...you get next to no rp from random roaming fights like that without a strategic goal.
- ...you can only get rp when you are involved in an mission with a strategic objective like taking a keep/tower/intercepting reïnforcements in the area or defending.

All I'm saying is this game atm is -only- about rp. It's being morphed into something only a few ppl can enjoy.
I'm thinking those keeps and towers aren't just scenery. A huge part of the intended game is being ignored because it's not rewarded with rp.

I don't mind trying to get rp. I want my rp too just like everybody else. It's just I would like it to be more eventfull and more involving then the warped sillyness in the frontier atm.

I hear you say: "how many ppl will still be playing Daoc when they change it like that?"
tbh, more then there are now.
Think about it,
you knows it maek sense :wub:

Well tool is there, rp pools on Keeps and Towers, ofc when u are involved in a (boring for most classes mind ya) siege for 3 hours and u finally break in and conquer the keep, to get 500 rps u suddenly realize that u should have got 50x more of em roaming for 3 hours.

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn said:
Well tool is there, rp pools on Keeps and Towers, ofc when u are involved in a (boring for most classes mind ya) siege for 3 hours and u finally break in and conquer the keep, to get 500 rps u suddenly realize that u should have got 50x more of em roaming for 3 hours.

Exactly. The rp pools are a start but are far too small compared to the rp you can get in other places.
They are also far too crude: ppl will just afk for 3 hours to leech their part of the reward.
Rp rewards should to be scaled to what you actually achieve for the realm. Trebbing, ramming, repairing walls, should get you rp too just like rezzing and killing. rp reward also depending on speed of execution, amount of people attacking and defending...
The reward should be handed out at the end of the ride: when the keep falls or the attackers are defeated or something. That way you only get rewards for clear common goals and not for farming kills or repairing the same wall over and over.
Goals should have a certain deadline: "Take this keep before nightfall!". That way prolonging keeptakes will become uninteresting.

I know it's not easy to model and balance but plz, let those rp make the players play a more interesting game :touch:

Kjel

One of Freddy's beloved
Such hate here :(

Aoln rawks! Even if he did kill my skald that one... or two... ok, lots of times!

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Nausilus^^ said:
Honestly I see your point Aoln, but mids would probably go elsewhere if albs and hibs just stopped going to brynja.

But they dont, thats the comedy element. At the weekend I was on and went bled nearly every run. For alot of that time I was the only alb in odins (think it was sat evening, cant recall). There wasn't a single hib at this time (I got a friend to check ingame) and I could still count 1fg mids roaming waiting to add, 1fg randoms camping bridge with mines/nodes, ~6 stealthers and the odd duo. This isnt including people that were coming and getting a boat elsewhere in the meantime.

I actually wandered around for over 40mins (i was bored so shush) without attacking anyone and without seeing another alb or a hib and not one of the above mentioned mids moved from bled to try another frontier where some action was. (some even ran back to bled every 10mins or so for a resist rebuff :wanker: )

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
bigchief said:
But they dont, thats the comedy element. At the weekend I was on and went bled nearly every run. For alot of that time I was the only alb in odins (think it was sat evening, cant recall). There wasn't a single hib at this time (I got a friend to check ingame) and I could still count 1fg mids roaming waiting to add, 1fg randoms camping bridge with mines/nodes, ~6 stealthers and the odd duo. This isnt including people that were coming and getting a boat elsewhere in the meantime.

I actually wandered around for over 40mins (i was bored so shush) without attacking anyone and without seeing another alb or a hib and not one of the above mentioned mids moved from bled to try another frontier where some action was. (some even ran back to bled every 10mins or so for a resist rebuff :wanker: )

Well, did you count the mids that were in RvR as well, but WEREN'T at bled?

Besides, do you really think it takes a weekend to change the habits of many mids, albs and hibs? I'm not sure you're getting my point here.. it's like taking pacifiers from small children.. takes time, and if you give in, you're right back at the bad habits again.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only sane person, or people just don't want to change the situation...

Hrymf

Fledgling Freddie
Nausilus^^ said:
Well, did you count the mids that were in RvR as well, but WEREN'T at bled?

Besides, do you really think it takes a weekend to change the habits of many mids, albs and hibs? I'm not sure you're getting my point here.. it's like taking pacifiers from small children.. takes time, and if you give in, you're right back at the bad habits again.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only sane person, or people just don't want to change the situation...

Very funny comment that, considering that you are one of the most pathetic adding tards who live on brynja bridge..... and im very positive that mids dont go to other rvr zones in overall, maybe a few, but no where the same amount as the numbers sat at odins bridge.

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
If you dont like the game, play something else, people play it the way they want to.

End of thread.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Hrymf said:
Very funny comment that, considering that you are one of the most pathetic adding tards who live on brynja bridge..... and im very positive that mids dont go to other rvr zones in overall, maybe a few, but no where the same amount as the numbers sat at odins bridge.

Yea I do nothing else than camp brynja bidge 24/7

Tbh, I don't know why you are so mad at me.. I get /rude spam when I run from keep to docks so I can get a boat to alb. Only other times I go there are in situations like Stormf explained, when checking the area for enemies before catching a boat.

Get your facts straight before you make false statements about other people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom