Fantasy Premier league football 2013/2014 season

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Average week for me. My front 3 (Lambert, vWw and Soldado) got a goal each, but the midfield had a poor week. If Hazard gets a goal midweek and Chelsea keep a clean sheet (Ivanovic is my captain) it will turn into a good week.

Vae

Resident Freddy
I had the choice of playing Coleman (13 pts) or Michael Turner (0 pts). Of course picked the wrong one :( Also slightly frustrated with the no start from Lukaku and all the Chelsea defenders (except Ivanovic :( ) getting BPS.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I picked two Chelsea bods. Luckily one of them was Ivanovic, unluckily the other was Mata (my captain, no less).

Lethul

FH is my second home
Went suprisingly well for me (tend to do ok for 2 months until i cba to change around any more :p ).
Damn Jose who put on Mata for 65 minutes to remove captaincy from Benteke though :(

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
I used auto fill when I registered and forgot about it till I saw the games on :p, did ok I suppose since I'm not bottom (yet) but I changed the majority of the team so I will lose a lot of points when next results come in; serves me right for being so lazy hehe.

Agell

One of Freddy's beloved
dropped Chelsea def/goal for this weekend going 3-5-2

Gups

One of Freddy's beloved
Hello all bit late to the Party as only just come back to FH - entered the Classic - H2H closed :0

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
The league shows Chelsea v Man U as a week 2 game and think there gonna concede, hence the ditching

Ah, thought you meant you're taking them out cause they're not playing :) Was gonna say it's GW3 they aren't.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well I managed to get Luiz out of my team for now. Got to be very creative with my one free transfer each week to salvage anything from this.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah me too. I've switched Hart for Mignolet to free up some cash, I'm probably going to have to use my wildcard as soon as the transfer window shuts. Chelsea's week off is next week before the window shuts, which is just shit. To be fair I didn't use the non-January wildcard til April or something last year so I might still be ok. I hate using it so early though.

Like Arsenal, my season is pretty much over before it's begun. :(

Vae

Resident Freddy
Be very cautious with the wildcard. IMO it's worth 20 points or more because there will be double game weeks later in the season and you can use it to either load up on DGW players or unravel from it.

If you can fix your team now with 2 or 3 hits over say 3 weeks (making sure to avoid price drops and catch price rises) then that's a much better solution. At the moment it's still early to spot this years Michu! At the moment Barkley seems to be popular but he'll possibly lose his place to Gibson when fit and Lukaku is unpopular because he failed to start the first two matches. However I'm sure he's going to surprise us with some big scores at some point. The question is how you manage rotation (mainly at Chelsea and Man City).

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Lukaku depends on whether Chelsea get a decent striker, if they do then there is no way he is worth 8mil. I'm also not sure whether its worth having any Chelsea midfielders, seeing as they now have enough to to field two teams or so. City seem a good bet for defenders as they don't seem to have a massive amount of choices. And ofc any Arsenal player is pretty much nailed on to get 90 minutes a week.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I was sort of hoping Mata would goto Utd so I would auto-have a class Utd midfielder but that doesn't seem to be on the cards.

And thanks Vae, I would only use it as a very last resort. At this stage I would much rather take a 4 (or even 8) point hit every couple of weeks just to get the team back in order. As good as City and Chelsea are, I don't see more than a few players between them being FF superstars this season. Ivanovic will be a solid earner but the midfield, bleh, too many cooks to pick a regular performer (Hazard or Oscar maybe for week in week out performances).

I thought Jedinak was superb last week for Palace but if the team around him aren't up to scratch then that means no clean sheets, no bonuses etc. It doesn't look like Palace are going to score many and it does look like they're going to leak goals, so not worth taking the punt on him.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Crap, I screwed up. Was so focused on replacing my Chelsea placers I forgot Villa was not playing, would have saved me -4 points :p

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
First team to draw in the head to head league! High five Sydrik :clap:

Btw is there any way people could mention who they actually are? Aside from the people using their FH name in their team name I have no idea who most the people are :p

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
My team is Rekordelig, almost bottom of both tables since I did a lot of transfers :p oh well I've got used to it as a qpr fan :D

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I aer Fingers United11!!1!!!

A wildcard question - if I save my season long wildcard and then come Xmas when you get that one what happens? Do you play the Xmas one and it saves your season long one or does the site take away your season one and leave you with the Xmas one?.......erm.......that could of been worded a bit better.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
You don't get an "xmas" one. You get one for the jan transfer window which you can only use in jan and then you can use your other wildcard at any point in the season.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Um... I'm sure I used my all-season one in April or May.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
i thought i was right but im too lazy to look it up

Vae

Resident Freddy
Aoami said:
i thought i was right but im too lazy to look it up

Aoami is wrong. Your Jan one can only be used in the Jan transfer window (about 4 weeks). The other one can be used any time but please refer to my earlier advice re this.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Aoami is wrong. Your Jan one can only be used in the Jan transfer window (about 4 weeks). The other one can be used any time but please refer to my earlier advice re this.

It has always been my downfall - playing it too early, will try not to this year hence my question.

I can't believe somebody from Stoke is winning. :(

I don't have any players from Stoke though :D, now if I were able to choose Leeds players that would be a different story :D I always start well then I get drunk and mess, in the work one I have ended the first week top for the past 3 seasons, never won any money though (top 3 places pays) :(

Lethul

FH is my second home
It tends to be relatively even until abount October when most people lose interest :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom