Fallout New Vegas HC mode.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So if you're looking challenge, or just want to restart with a different style of game, here's a few rules that make the game really fun. Not to mention, makes your heart beat like a mofo at times :p

At the moment i'm planning on modding this with various methods, if i ever have the time, but now it's just up to your own personal restraint. Not for the faint of heart, or those prone for rage ;)

Main rules that apply;

- Very hard ofcourse.
- Realism mode.

- Fast travel costs caps and can only be done via major hubs that are on main roads. The cost is about 500 caps from vegas to 188, so a total of 2000 caps for a trip from vegas to primm. And so on.(planning on a quest to receive a vertibird pilot radio that would cost fuel cells to call). The payment is done by putting caps to some container and leaving them there, as you can't just drop them. Alternative way(from NCR post to anther only) is to tag along a patrol, which costs ammo. At about the rate of 10% of all ammo / 500 caps.

- You can only carry the armor you have on you, or in best case some light clothing like baseball caps etc on your companions pack. You can however pick up armor to repair on the spot, but this has to be done on worn armor(unless you witch ofcourse). Some companions can't wear some armor, so you can fake the carrying by having it in your own backpack, but remember to add junk(half of weight) to your companion to compensate them lugging around your wardrobe.

- Drugs etc take space, you have to count these yourself, but 1 stimpack is about the weight of 0.1, so 10 for 1, as well as other drugs. You can compensate this by using some usekess material to add the weight, then drop it as you drop the drugs.

- Weapon hoarding is fine, you've got a big backpack to stuff ammo and guns into. Same goes with rations and other stuff with weight(most have weight so it's no extra rule).

Now on my own military unit, i've got some extra rules too, feel free to add 'em if you like;

- No drugs, of any sort. Medicine is fine, such as stims and doc bags, but all other are not. I even use doctors only to heal radiation. MAkes it a lot more choicey what you're eating and drinking.

- I don't use faction armor unless i've earned and paid for it. For example; i only took the NCR facewrap armor after i set away 1500 caps and was accepted by the NCR. For a 10 dt armor it's fine. Only exception is infiltration situations where you infiltrate, for example, the prison. In that case you will have to find a faction guy near/in the base you're infiltrating, then steal their armor after killing them. You also need to leave your current armor at that body.

- I don't take stuff unless it's abandoned and going into peoples houses without permit(or good reason) is also out of the question.

- Playing caravan can only be done with basic deck, or cards you've found to make it more challenging. Can't buy cards and build that killer deck.

I'm probably forgetting something and you can add, remove as you wish, but with a few personal tweaks the game really comes to life.

Oh and, if you're wondering what's so hard about all this, here's the one main rule to apply;

When you die, you die. Delete save(only for backup in case of crashes) and that's that. No respawning :flame:

Now that is the fun part which makes it a new game.

Enjoy and feel free to add own rules ;)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
There is a realism mod that does some of that. Can't remember the name but it's on falloutnexus.

Can probably find mods that can do all of what you wrote there.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
presume you know the map quite well, or do you blunder into deathclaws/super mutants a lot ?

Helme

Resident Freddy
Project Nevada is a good start when it comes to modding, no real reason not to get it.

edit: http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40040

Highlights include,

* Sprint that uses AP
* Bullet Time that uses AP
* Lower health, making combat more deadly for both you and your enemies.
* Grenade hot-key, similar to CoD games etc. - this is a major one, it actually makes you use explosives.
* No food healing, only resting or stimpacks restore health.
* Ammo/Stimpacks/Good food is scarcer

It's got a fuckload more, and almost all of it is configurable in-game through an easy to use menu.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
True, a lot of mdos do make all those happen. On the xbox though, only you can mod your brain ;)

I'm firmly in the PC camp luckily, but still keeping away from mods.

PErmadeath mods i haven't seen, could be worth while and ofcourse creating your own mods is fun and never too many choices.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
LEvel 13, ran into a legion assassin squad with 23 DTs, hunting rifles, super sledges and plasma granades.

Sam "Sierra" Wats - RIP, save deleted.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Modlist, so far, which seems to work as a good challenge;

- Darker nights (25%)
- MoMobs - adds fun stuff like hellbeasts and deathgecks :p I say "fun".
- Electro city and light my flare, works well with darker nights.
- Interior lighting.
- As helme pointed out, project nevada. Lots of customization there like leveling and combat.
- EVE - Just must have for weapon effects.
- Weapon mods extended (adds, for example, mods for special weapons)

Nothing like facing off a horde of hellbeasts in the dark, with nightvision, with a 5mm railgun :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Gatling gun owns anything anywhere bar behemoths... :)

Helme

Resident Freddy
Been playing some of this recently with a few mods, I'd recommend Vurts Wasteland Flora Overhaul. It gives the game a bit more colour, because let's face it - it makes no fucking sense that 200 years after the bombs fell the world is still barren, especially when high amounts of radiation doesn't seem to have that much of an effect on plantlife(see Chernobyl).

Readius is an excellent pip-boy replacement as well, also removes it from your arm which in my opinion makes the game look a lot cooler :p

I'd also recommend the New Vegas Bounty quests, haven't done a lot of them yet but they're fully voice acted and seems to have sensible rewards. More quests never hurt and its a few hours of added game play, +you get a trenchcoat.

CONELRAD 640-1240 is a radiostation you should probably download as well, coz fucking hell does Johnny Guitar become boring after the 10 millionth time listening to it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I like the new vegas bounty quests. There is a second one too.

Helme

Resident Freddy
I know, haven't installed it yet since the instructions were unclear whetever they continued on from the first or if they started at the same time. You have any idea?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
could you guys come up with a nice list of mods for the vanilla Fallout 3? I did like the game, but found it a bit bland.

Helme

Resident Freddy
In my opinion its too much effort to try fix Fallout3, it's got serious issues with core gameplay and the questing itself isn't all that interesting.

Fellout and Fallout Wanderer something is the first stop though I guess, else just go to fallout3nexus and press top 100 and sort by non-adult(unless you like dicks and tits on everything) and grab what catches your interest.

TdC

and you can just apply these things to the Steam FO3? all will be well?

Helme

Resident Freddy
Pretty much, I'd recommend Fallout Mod Manager though, it makes it easier to install and uninstall mods as you don't have to deal with making sure the files end up in the right place, or have something left behind if you don't like a specific mod and get rid of it.

hmm, Firefox wants to correct uninstall to Stalinist. Alright.

TdC

ok then, Fallout Mod Manager it will be. cheers dude :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
sort by non-adult(unless you like dicks and tits on everything)

They're not all that bad, some ave nice body mods with optional nudity.

Though it is quite fun to put naked raiders on spikes :p

On new vegas, Willow is worth it. Better companion story/stuff then any of the official ones.

Also A world of pain, works well with monster mod. Loads of challenge when paired with project nevada.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Heh I noticed on that nexus site that there are mods for fixing errors and crashes etc.
Ive been needing that cos I seem to get the odd random crash.

Thanks!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
YEah you can find pretty much anything on nexus, this will most likey caryr on to future fallouts and skyrim.

If you can find new lighting, sex edition of ED-E, predator vision and new plants in the same place, you know you got a winrar :p

Best thing is that with mod manager(especially), nmodding the game couldn't be easier as most mods are just copied directly to the data folder.

Though ofcourse, readme is the first thing you should do ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Here's a modlist i like, the order might be a bit messed up, but otherwise the game is a lot more challenging, fun and..well..fallouty :p Doesn't intrude too much into the core of the game either, balancing nicely eachother.

Additions/suggestions welcome.

Attachments

• mmodlist.jpg
    mmodlist.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 5

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Don't you get any conflicts with that many mods?

bug.gif

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Nice list Toht,

Which of those makes it ultra hard though? Not really sure I want the game to be too challenging, I like to just mess about with it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No conflicts, just the usual crash now and then which is regular with NV even without mods :p

Good to save, as example, indoors.

On the hard scale, well, a world of pain is the worse on difficulty. Project nevada is second, but it's so well configurable that it negates its own difficulty. Otherwise the rest are mostly cosmetic.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Some randomness;

Riot Armor Type 3 at Fallout New Vegas Nexus - New Vegas mods and community

Very nice looking riot armor, kinda like running about in mass effect gear :p

Actually planning on a personal retexture to add some white into it.

Type 3 body, but type 3 body is a lot better looking anyway so worth a DL.

That's here; Type3 Body and Armor replacer at Fallout New Vegas Nexus - New Vegas mods and community

Akin to that; TGs Armor Collection for New Vegas at Fallout New Vegas Nexus - New Vegas mods and community

Lots of armors(male/female) and the mod description also has some recommended mods listed(in orange, scroll down) that are worth looking at.

Also this performance guide is simply amazing, including some tweaks like a 4gb mem add on and a windowed mode with a fake fullscreen;

Modding Fallout NV Part 7: Performance - YouTube

All well worth installing. Also the guides have a lot more stuff in them so if you have the time.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
New moddies for today. These are all my personal picks, so do windowshop for your preference ;)

no auto aim at Fallout New Vegas Nexus - New Vegas mods and community

Removes autoaim, makes gunnery more fun.

Primary Needs HUD - pHUD at Fallout New Vegas Nexus - New Vegas mods and community

Primary needs(sleep etc) on screen, you know them in your tummy anyway(RP) ;)

MTUI at Fallout New Vegas Nexus - New Vegas mods and community

More UI stuff.

Adjustable HUD - aHUD at Fallout New Vegas Nexus - New Vegas mods and community

Adjustable UI (requires MCM below).

The Mod Configuration Menu at Fallout New Vegas Nexus - New Vegas mods and community

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Just a little warning;

the perk "Skilled" that comes with old world blues, bugs out with many mods. For example, sleepy time mod will add +5 to all your skills if you use the sleeptime.

There's a bug in the core of the perk, as if you respec and give it yourself again as you exit to the wasteland, it gives you an added +5. Then again at a later date.

I keep an eye on some skills, like unarmed, to see if i get an added boost at times and then use console command; player.forceav (skill) (number) to set them back to where they should be.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Combat knife.

.44 desert eagle.

Pumpasction shotgun.

Sniper rifle.

Grenades.

Black special ops outfit.

*puts on shades*

Oh yeah, ready for vegas.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
slight tangent..

was there ever a mod for this for multiple followers ?
hated the "pick one human & 1 non human" thing :/

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Currently at 50 hours of gameplay, at level 15 :p

Got the final DLC also, and gunrunners pack, so i've got another 200 or so hours to go. With this character atleast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom