Music fallen in love with this gadget

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Its lovely but there isn't much info.

So you have to put each of your cds into it one by one and it stores them on a hard drive? Does it have internet radio? How much is it?

I would be tempted as I need to fill a space under my telly where the dvd player was.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
No, it seems it's not networked at all. It has something like the CDDB in firmware (which can also be upgraded), so it can recognize your cd's, and it can copy mp3's off a usb stick or drive and play them. It can also back itself up to a usb drive or another unit, and has a 60W amp to give it some oomph. Though I admit I'd have liked to see networking and radio.

It's like the ideal restaurant music player or something. I envision it in my bedroom as an expensive design alarm clock audio player thing. Also you can run it through an existing amp via the headphone out or line out. The guy claims some amazing stuff about it, and he's not completely unknown tbh.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Its really not going to appeal to many though is it. It is lovely looking but the failure to have network on it is a massive mistake.

People will just rip their cds to mp3 then buy a squeeze box or similar, that can stream and has internet radio, the only thing this has over them is it has its own speakers and amp.

Shame really but it feels like backwards thinking to me.

TdC

yeah me too. I like it. It's pretty, and somewhat powerful and feature rich. Except for the networking awareness.

I did their survey on the site, and in the comments section I noted that I would have bought the thing if it had been networked.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
You have to be lazy to spend over £300 because you cant be bothered to get up and change a CD.

TdC

exactly. if only the thing had been networked :(

Kryten

Old Cow.
It's a nice little box, but perhaps redundant before it's even going to hit any "big time".
HTPC's and media centres are getting better and smaller all the time, and not at all limited to MP3's. Videos, DVD, music, blueray, HD, and some of them can do it without Windows (or any other OS) being loaded. Granted it's a little larger than a book, but only 3 or 4 of them stacked up, squeezing 2tb of data in.

And then of course soon, they'll incorporate our office keyboard bashing apps and Playstation titles too. Or so many people would like to think.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's a niche product and flawed against other offerings. Lack of online database is a big deal. The text input is smart though, can't say I've noticed that anywhere else.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I have 2 of these amplify my hifi:

2288188377_25fea1b104_b.jpg

So thanks but no thanks :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
If you stuck one of those up your chuff several things would glow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom