Falklands War 2: The reboot

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
but if were going to get into land taken from other people, im waiting for the americans to weigh in.. and all leave so the amerindians can have their continent back ;)

Yeah? Well us fucking Celts are still waiting for you Saxon bastards to piss off home! You said you only needed somewhere to crash for 2 nights and here we are 1500 years later with you still squatting in the living room!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Yeah? Well us fucking Celts are still waiting for you Saxon bastards to piss off home! You said you only needed somewhere to crash for 2 nights and here we are 1500 years later with you still squatting in the living room!

Turns out that's not really true. Saxon culture took over, but Saxon genetics didn't.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Turns out that's not really true. Saxon culture took over, but Saxon genetics didn't.

And you can shut the fuck up as well, how am I supposed to win an argument if you keep interupting and disprove my rants! :D

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well it looks like the dirty Yank bastards have flip-flopped again...

Obama's Falklands Policy: a Break from the Founders

Good read and I love this guys comment:

As a Brit who has supported the USA as the "engine of democracy" in the world, I note with sadness that Obama (I have dropped the word "President") calls the Falklands, "the Malvina's" despite the fact that British soldiers died to return sovereignty to the people who live on the islands after an invasion by the forces of later-deposed General Galtieri. I have many American friends whom I love and admire. But I will not again speak in support of the USA "special relationship". Sadly US Presidents now have a new lobby to satisfy. They have to bow to the Jewish lobby, the Suadi oil lobby - and now they have to bow to the Spanish lobby. The "engine of democracy" is being towed away to the breakers yard.....

DaGaffer

Barack Obama is no friend of Britain's. To be honest America actively supporting the UK in relation to the Falklands is something that runs against the tide of US history going back to the Monroe Doctrine; "no foreign interests in the US sphere of influence" (e.g. no Europeans in the Americas). Increasingly the US also has to worry about the latina vote (although ironically Argentina is about as "Latina" as Canada; its a very "white" country).

It doesn't matter though, the US would never do anything materially to support Argentina and Argentina can huff and puff all they like but they have no leverage over the UK to force us to the negotiating table.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
If they get too uppity we'll just send one of our empty half built aircraft carriers down there and throw stones at them from the bow

:twak:

bainteor

Banned
I believe it is just empty words. A newly elected president trying to win support on an easily persuadable issue that unifies the whole of their nation is an old trick. Getting it back will be a different story though, and one wonders how far they will actually take this promise to get back the Falklands. They have been embarrassed time and time again as the residents of those islands consistently vote to remain under British sovereignty.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
If they get too uppity we'll just send one of our empty half built aircraft carriers down there and throw stones at them from the bow

:twak:

Yep, we can't use missiles, we fired all 10 of those at Libya! :D

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
Are you forgetting the last war? When a team of SAS snuck into an Arg airbase and blew up all their planes and legged it out? Very good documentary on it some where ....

SAS fucking rules :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Are you forgetting the last war? When a team of SAS snuck into an Arg airbase and blew up all their planes and legged it out? Very good documentary on it some where ....

SAS fucking rules :D

They do. Our special forces are incredible given the shit equipment and poor funding.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Not being funny, but why don't we just go to the people of the Falklands, and be like hai guiz, you haz 2 choices, us or dem, or get a neutral country to do this? - Or, is it the waters around the Falklands that we're really after? - in that case, we can send our Navy which is famous, and is what the Prestige of our country was once built on, and just protect what ever we're doing in that water-

Oh wait a sec

What Navy?

Helme

Resident Freddy
I doubt there's a single politician who gives a shit about anyone who lives on the Falklands, it's the potential oil they're interested in and the chance to project power in South America.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Not being funny, but why don't we just go to the people of the Falklands, and be like hai guiz, you haz 2 choices, us or dem, or get a neutral country to do this? - Or, is it the waters around the Falklands that we're really after? - in that case, we can send our Navy which is famous, and is what the Prestige of our country was once built on, and just protect what ever we're doing in that water-

Oh wait a sec

What Navy?

We've already done that, they are British.

DaGaffer

Not being funny, but why don't we just go to the people of the Falklands, and be like hai guiz, you haz 2 choices, us or dem,

Done, and they universally (I mean virtually 100%) desire to remain British.

I doubt there's a single politician who gives a shit about anyone who lives on the Falklands, it's the potential oil they're interested in and the chance to project power in South America.

"Project power in South America". LOL, what year is this, 1810? The UK has little or no political interest in South America. The oil, and even more importantly a seat at the table when Antarctica is finally exploited is the real issue. But beyond that, Argentina has no valid claim anyway. Spain has a more legitimate claim than Argentina.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Projecting power more in terms of "we should have a say about things in this region because we're a part of it" rather than "do as we say or we'll shoot you."

Embattle

FH is my second home
To be fair Argentina is such a mass his core pillars of policy aren't probably achievable.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
To be fair Argentina is such a mass his core pillars of policy aren't probably achievable.
His dog, who is the clone of a dog that was reincarnated from a lion he met in the Colosseum when he was a gladiator in a past life is his chief advisor. They communicate with a mystic.

So imagine how terrible the other candidates were that this nutbag won :D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
His dog, who is the clone of a dog that was reincarnated from a lion he met in the Colosseum when he was a gladiator in a past life is his chief advisor. They communicate with a mystic.

Man, you HAVE to provide a link here! :D

The Argies hate what they've got. In the same way our Brexit vote was because Britain hated what it has. So they voted for something different - because different gives you more hope than shit.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Fuck me, that is an awesome premise for a movie. Sign me up!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It's a shame because on the few occasions I went to Argentina I had a great time, the people are lovely, the food is great - there's so much potential there. And 100 years or so ago, it was one of the wealthiest countries in the world.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It could be really wealthy again since they've plenty of mineral wealth, 3rd largest lithium reserves.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It'll go into the pockets of a tiny number of people. As per.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
They don't really have the money to fund an armed expedition to fuck with the falklands, but I'm sure the rhetoric will ratchet up under this absolute nutter.
He's like donald trump, boris johnson, michael fabricant and alex jones all rolled up into one.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The people of the Falklands want nothing to do with Argentina, they were asked. Also, he compares The Falklands to Hong Kong, how the fuck has he arrived at that the mad bastard? we leased Hong Kong, huge difference between Hong Kong and the Falklands.

They want that Falklands oil money.

Ormorof

FH is my second home

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom