F5 check up time

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
if mythic is gonna run the american ( mexican-spanish and canadian-french) and the asian ( korean, japanise, chinise traditional and simplified) like the did for the japanise daoc server, goa will have to translate just in italian and german.
so i think goa has no excuse for delaying launch and patches, not even a day.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
if mythic is gonna run the american ( mexican-spanish and canadian-french) and the asian ( korean, japanise, chinise traditional and simplified) like the did for the japanise daoc server, goa will have to translate just in italian and german.
so i think goa has no excuse for delaying launch and patches, not even a day.

read what IanC has said tbh.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
I really don't care is it Armour or Armor,why do they even bother translating these to british-english?

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
read what IanC has said tbh.

what did he said? Localisation and translation
what did i ask? is mythic gonna be responsible for asian servers?

if thats the case, will asia have a delay or just the olde countries with goa?
did he say anything about that, or are you still focusing on "translate" word?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
I really don't care is it Armour or Armor,why do they even bother translating these to british-english?

We don't.

There won't be a delay for WAR. Live launch, patches and expansions will be released in Europe and the US at the same time. I don't know what the plan is for Asia or other areas in that regard. I believe that Mythic will be running Asian servers and EA Russia wil be running the Russian ones, whether they'll also get simultaneous releases is not yet determined as far as I know.

Also there are no plans announced by Mythic to offer Spanish servers for Mexicans and French servers for Canadians.

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Hasnt this topic gone abit offtopic? When is guildbeta??!!! lol

Also, wouldnt EA Korea do asia?

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn, I agree this kind of difference in anouncemnts is what stirs the natives up (not saying I am stirred up, im not, but you know what forums get like) and IMO things ought to be more co ordinated.

I think Iain did say somehwere though that the difference was, that in USA the invites for GB were going out to Guild Leaders and in Euro, they are going directly out to players on the guild lists.

The USA is 'starting' a little earlier so the GMs can in turn send out the details to all their members.

Something to that effect anyway.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Gahn, I agree this kind of difference in anouncemnts is what stirs the natives up (not saying I am stirred up, im not, but you know what forums get like) and IMO things ought to be more co ordinated.

I think Iain did say somehwere though that the difference was, that in USA the invites for GB were going out to Guild Leaders and in Euro, they are going directly out to players on the guild lists.

The USA is 'starting' a little earlier so the GMs can in turn send out the details to all their members.

Something to that effect anyway.

I can't honestly believe it takes 5 days to any GM to forward some mails.
It's been now 13 days since the dead line to refresh the Guild Members List of Beta Applicants.
I can't see any official statement as yet on the Eu Site, while the Us one got a press announcement about the Guild Beta start since last Friday.
This is kinda disappointing to say the least.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
I can't honestly believe it takes 5 days to any GM to forward some mails.
It's been now 13 days since the dead line to refresh the Guild Members List of Beta Applicants.
I can't see any official statement as yet on the Eu Site, while the Us one got a press announcement about the Guild Beta start since last Friday.
This is kinda disappointing to say the least.

Indeed. It already feels like we once more are getting reduced service level and not equal, as promised, when we are left in the dark like this.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Indeed. It already feels like we once more are getting reduced service level and not equal, as promised, when we are left in the dark like this.

I'm guessing they aren't going to say anything until they have a confirmed date, this is logical. Unfortunately beating-around-the-bush with "it'll be soon" and "watch this space" type comments probably doesn't help the nerves of the twitchy beta wannabes :)

Have patience everyone (and that includes me :))

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I'm guessing they aren't going to say anything until they have a confirmed date, this is logical. Unfortunately beating-around-the-bush with "it'll be soon" and "watch this space" type comments probably doesn't help the nerves of the twitchy beta wannabes :)

Dude my point is that the fecking confirmed date should be 11/07 like in Usa.

IainC

It's more that we'll have news on the website about this and I'm not going to pre-empt that on a forum. As I said at the weekend, we'll have a couple of announcements regarding guild beta on the website so keep checking there over the next couple of days.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
It's more that we'll have news on the website about this and I'm not going to pre-empt that on a forum. As I said at the weekend, we'll have a couple of announcements regarding guild beta on the website so keep checking there over the next couple of days.

It is not a matter of preempt news on forums, but giving us the information along side the US, and not "a couple of days"(tm) later or "soon"(tm).
Equal service level, same times as the US etc....and all that.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
It is not a matter of preempt news on forums, but giving us the information along side the US, and not "a couple of days"(tm) later or "soon"(tm).
Equal service level, same times as the US etc....and all that.

I rather have them plan this right and not screw up just because they had to keep up with USA,few days not going to kill us.

The impatient part of my just keeps saying "News plz!" thought :(

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
I rather have them plan this right and not screw up just because they had to keep up with USA,few days not going to kill us

No, it'll not kill us, but then they shouldn't promise us equal service (and at times surpassing) when we still live in "soon" and "couple of days" (tm) world where we are not being synchronized with the US.

And if they can't even get it planned with beta at the same time as the US, then why on earth would it suddenly work with live?
Months behind due to "localization" suddenly looks very possible once more.

IainC

No, it'll not kill us, but then they shouldn't promise us equal service (and at times surpassing) when we still live in "soon" and "couple of days" (tm) world where we are not being synchronized with the US.

And if they can't even get it planned with beta at the same time as the US, then why on earth would it suddenly work with live?
Months behind due to "localization" suddenly looks very possible once more.

But the EU beta is synchronised with the US. Guild beta on both sides starts at the same time.

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
I think what they are getting at Iain, its not YOU they are having a go at for not posting on here, its that the USA Website announces Guild Beta in bold flashing lights, while the Euro Website remains all quite on the western front.

This leads to the perception that things arnt equal and that drags up memories of past time lapses.

Personally its only beta, I dont give a hoot :D

But I would hope this would be a warning(is that the right word) for the powers that be, that if they do announce things in the USA before they do things on the Euro site, then there will always be sabre rattling and grumblings.

You have already said something is imminent, to me thats good enough, but I hope you can see where the frustration comes from for some folks, who are looking at two sites, one in the USa telling people SOMETHING and another in the UK telling us NOTHING.

Progenie

Fledgling Freddie
I think what they are getting at Iain, its not YOU they are having a go at for not posting on here, its that the USA Website announces Guild Beta in bold flashing lights, while the Euro Website remains all quite on the western front.

This leads to the perception that things arnt equal and that drags up memories of past time lapses.

Personally its only beta, I dont give a hoot

Well said, I love the fact you try your hardest to communicate with the community Req, it's just the seeming lack of Official Website news that annoying folks at a guess.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
But the EU beta is synchronised with the US. Guild beta on both sides starts at the same time.

As far as I understand from the press release and forum responses, the US guild beta started the 11th where people started getting their keys and could log into the beta.

Does this mean that there currently are EU guild beta players who've gotten keys as well?
Otherwise they did not start the same time.

Not that I care *that* much about getting into the beta (got Open one if needs be), I'm just interested in getting the same timeline/service level as the US.

Well said, I love the fact you try your hardest to communicate with the community Req, it's just the seeming lack of Official Website news that annoying folks at a guess.

Indeed. It is annoying the lack of specific news for us, compared to the information level they have for US people.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
As far as I understand from the press release and forum responses, the US guild beta started the 11th where people started getting their keys and could log into the beta.

Does this mean that there currently are EU guild beta players who've gotten keys as well?
Otherwise they did not start the same time.

Not that I care *that* much about getting into the beta (got Open one if needs be), I'm just interested in getting the same timeline/service level as the US.

Indeed. It is annoying the lack of specific news for us, compared to the information level they have for US people.

Pretty much the point, i'd like to give my Guildmates some damn infos since people want to plan things ahead.
Already been an hell of a job to get people attention back since the Invitation is dated back 21 August 2007 -.-

IainC

That isn't the case. The invites were sent out from Friday but they cannot access the beta yet.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
That isn't the case. The invites were sent out from Friday but they cannot access the beta yet.

Mmmmmm three little birds beside my door step told me that, in fact, they aren't in yet only cause they found a bug ...
And i won't add anything more :m00:

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Mmmmmm three little birds beside my door step told me that, in fact, they aren't in yet only cause they found a bug ...
And i won't add anything more :m00:

Maybe GOA caused it! See what they are doing for us :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom