F5 check up time

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
If your F5 key is in a bad state and you're waiting for Guild beta, I'd advise you to replace it now.

Part of the US guild beta have received their details for the Guild Beta it seems.
Maybe we might see some invites as well come monday?

Danita

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
If your F5 key is in a bad state and you're waiting for Guild beta, I'd advise you to replace it now.

Part of the US guild beta have received their details for the Guild Beta it seems.
Maybe we might see some invites as well come monday?

Danita

Id seriuously doubt they put up the beta at saturday knowing that sunday is after saturday :p

im so smart:>

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
We should have a couple of pieces of good news regarding guild beta in the next couple of days. Keep an eye on the news page for some exciting developments!

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
We should have a couple of pieces of good news regarding guild beta in the next couple of days. Keep an eye on the news page for some exciting developments!

Next couple of days? :(

Cant you start guild beta 2moro? pretty please!!!!!!

i have work on tuesday :(

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
I wonder why "we" (EU) is behind on beta (and beta key registering) when we were supposed to be treated like the US....

IainC

I wonder why "we" (EU) is behind on beta (and beta key registering) when we were supposed to be treated like the US....

You aren't behind on beta. The way the US and EU invites are being dealt with is slightly different but the guild beta for both sides opens at the same time.

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
You know what, we all remember how frsutrating and (imo) poor it was that we were so far behind the USA in DAOC, very shoddy imo...but....I think theres an arguement that a slight delay from the USA, a week maybe, could have its merits in release.

all those annoying bugs that can be introduced with quick patches might get caught if Europe has a slight delay.

When I say slight, im not talking the months it was for DAOc for references sake ;]

I for one wouldnt be up in arms if we didnt receive a patch on the very same day as the USA hehe. Just so long as its within reason id be happy.

Going back to DAOC, for what its worth from me, I think the REASON for the delay was as frustrating as anything.....Translations....taking so long, when for a UK player we woulda been more than happy with a direct import ;]

Games have far more problems to worry over than USA/UK spelling differences imo.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
You know what, we all remember how frsutrating and (imo) poor it was that we were so far behind the USA in DAOC, very shoddy imo...but....I think theres an arguement that a slight delay from the USA, a week maybe, could have its merits in release.

all those annoying bugs that can be introduced with quick patches might get caught if Europe has a slight delay.

When I say slight, im not talking the months it was for DAOc for references sake ;]

I for one wouldnt be up in arms if we didnt receive a patch on the very same day as the USA hehe. Just so long as its within reason id be happy.

Going back to DAOC, for what its worth from me, I think the REASON for the delay was as frustrating as anything.....Translations....taking so long, when for a UK player we woulda been more than happy with a direct import ;]

Games have far more problems to worry over than USA/UK spelling differences imo.

Err no way, we've been told that all would have been on same timeframe, Beta, Release, Content Introduction, Patches.
I expect nothing less than that period.
I won't comment yet the fact that Us Guild invites are already sent out (which doesn't change anything IF the Guild Beta will open at same time).

IainC

Err no way, we've been told that all would have been on same timeframe, Beta, Release, Content Introduction, Patches.
I expect nothing less than that period.
I won't comment yet the fact that Us Guild invites are already sent out (which doesn't change anything IF the Guild Beta will open at same time).

As I said the US beta invites are being dealt with in a different way. We are going to send the invites directly to the guildmembers while I believe that the US are sending out keys to guildleaders to distribute. Hence they need a few days grace to sort that out.

Also just to point out that delays in patching for DAoC were not caused by translation but were because we got the new patch to test only after it was live and stable on US servers. Translation happened in parallel with testing and added no more than a couple of days at most to the overall patch cycle.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
You aren't behind on beta. The way the US and EU invites are being dealt with is slightly different but the guild beta for both sides opens at the same time.

Sounds good, that we aren't "behind" here.

Then we "just" need the beta-center for registering the pre-order keys.

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
Its a tad late now so this is not going to have any relevence, but I do think Iain, that sending to the GM's is possibly the best way.

Nothing of major import of course and im sure it will work either way.

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
As I said the US beta invites are being dealt with in a different way. We are going to send the invites directly to the guildmembers while I believe that the US are sending out keys to guildleaders to distribute. Hence they need a few days grace to sort that out.

Any news on when this will happen? ;)

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
He did say we would have new (posted on sunday) within a few days. So you could argue that it might be early this week. It wasnt like it was promised they would be out by then tho so dont get too excited just yet ;)

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Have a feeling this big announcement is just the EU realm war put on the website, that none of is can use anyway lol

Guild invites Asap please Iain, if you want to send mine now just to shut me up, its more than welcome :)

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
<snip>
Also just to point out that delays in patching for DAoC were not caused by translation but were because we got the new patch to test only after it was live and stable on US servers. Translation happened in parallel with testing and added no more than a couple of days at most to the overall patch cycle.

We were often told it was due to localization and translation when patches where delayed for a long time.
But because it is so many years ago - it is all but impossible to dig those up again, so ..... ;)

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
We were often told it was due to localization and translation when patches where delayed for a long time.
But because it is so many years ago - it is all but impossible to dig those up again, so ..... ;)

That was my recollection as well :)

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
To be fair Iain, they are right.

I recall many times when it was posted that Translation from USA English, to UK English was a very lengthy process....thats not even thinking about French.

It was infuriating to wait so long for such silly reasons. We were also told that they had to be patched together and couldnt just patch uk servers...even if the UK version was ready to go.

Very very frustrating times those ;o

IainC

To be fair Iain, they are right.

I recall many times when it was posted that Translation from USA English, to UK English was a very lengthy process....thats not even thinking about French.

It was infuriating to wait so long for such silly reasons. We were also told that they had to be patched together and couldnt just patch uk servers...even if the UK version was ready to go.

Very very frustrating times those ;o

That's because the UK version wasn't ready to go. It was never possible to take the Mythic patch files directly and slap them on the English servers, there was some localisation needed first. Not for language but for the different code-bases. The international DAoC version was different to the US one and so every patch had to be separately tested, fixed, retested and so forth. Localisation was a big process but actual translation for different languages was a very small part of that. Only expansions added a significant amount of added translations and even then, in comparison to the rest of the localisation effort it was still a small part of the overall package.

When we were talking about translating patches for DAoC, we made it clear many times that this included everything from language localisation to code localisation.

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
i wonder if mythic is running the asian servers.
if they do, what is going to take more time? translate in chinise, korean and japanise or in italian and german?
i expect mythic to run spanish and french for mexican and canadians ^^

:lol:

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
i wonder if mythic is running the asian servers.
if they do, what is going to take more time? translate in chinise, korean and japanise or in italian and german?
i expect mythic to run spanish and french for mexican and canadians ^^

:lol:

a language is a language, there should be no difference in translation.

They way you perhaps speak (just an example) english and german, chinese speak english and chineese. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom