F1 - Has it really changed?

B

bigbb

Just watching the Grand Prix in the background at the moment. I heard ITV News say yesterday "Despite new changes to the format, the result of the qualifying was all too familiar". Or something similar. (Please don't sue/ban me for libel)

I was an avid fan of F1 a few years ago, but as with many others got bored of seeing that smirky bastard on the podium. Having not really 'got into' this season, is there any real change?

E

Embattle

Its not possible to tell if it truely has changed from just the 1 GP completed so far, although it was more interesting to watch than recent GPs.

P

PR.

World Rally 'is where it's at'

F1 = Life size Scaletrix

B

bigbb

Originally posted by Embattle
Its not possible to tell if it truely has changed from just the 1 GP completed so far, although it was more interesting to watch than recent GPs.
Ok. Call it first-impressions or early thoughts.

K

Kippa.

*vrooooom*
*vrooooom*
*vrooooom*
*screeeech*
*vrooooom*
*vrooooom*

B

bigbb

Do you get screeching with assisted braking units?

B

bodhi

I really enjoyed last night GP tbh. It wasn't entirely clear what the final running order was going to be until the final lap, which has to be an improvement on "Which Ferrari is going to win today?".

B

bigfoot

I thought last night's GP was good, but then again it was won by a Scotsman :>.

S

(Shovel)

I watched some of it just now on the "sensible time" repeat. I though it was much much more interesting than recent years. Quite impressed actually.

M

Munkey-

i was quite astounded going into school this morning, listening to the radio and hearing Schumacher was currently in third.

who were the finishers?

D

doh_boy

The moment of the race for me is when the B.A.R's were queing for a pit-stop! lol As it turned out villeneuve came in a lap too early. :D

Seriousy though the race was a whole load better than last year. I could actually sit through it, unlike last year.

1st - Coultard

2nd - Montoya

3rd - Raikonen(ick sp)

4th - Schumacher

Y

~YuckFou~

It was indeed a good race. The variables that got thrown in, like weather and cars falling apart, made the result far from easy to call.
I think overall the new rules are going to give us a much better season. We saw all kinds of tactics getting used, some even giving the lower order teams half a chance. I'm looking forward to the next race now to see what happens if the weather stays dry.
Schuey seemed less than pleased in the post race interview I saw, aww diddums :)

D

doh_boy

heh

Interviwer:- 'So did the (dodgy bits of chasis) falling off slow you down a lot?'

MS:- 'It didn't make it faster.'

:clap:

M

Munkey-

i say. did that team that diddnt bother doing that lap thing do well?

apparently they diddnt do the qualification thingy as they wanted to keep it in the garage overnight to modify it a bit

M

Munkey-

typical.

tbh, i much rather prefer WRC to F1, diverse locations, the crashes, the drivers etc. and i actually get to watch them properly now (thanks to eurosport)

G

Gekul

It was a definite improvement on how it has been the last few years, will be interesting to see how the next race goes. Before it just wasn't worth watching, if this race was any indication of how the season is going to be I look forward to it :)

T

Tom

Nice to see the new onboard angles, now that Bernies digital lot are gone.

Although I'll miss the money.

T

Tom

Originally posted by bigfoot
I thought last night's GP was good, but then again it was won by a Scotsman :>.

OMG!! BAN BAN!! RACIAL SLUR!!

S

Scouse

Thought it was a cracking race - a lot of it was down to the weather tho.

One of the biggest changes doesn't come in until the British grands prix - the removal of the driver aids such as traction control/assisted starts etc.

TBH - F1's come under a lot of undue criticism recently - and it's simply down to Ferrari dominance. But, lets face it, they've done the best job and deserve to be where they are. (Much as I hate MS).

Schumacher prolly would have walked away with it yesterday under different circumstances - so don't get too excited. But also - realise what F1 is and appreciate it for that rather than what you think it should be.

I watch F1 and WRC - and have been to both types of event more than once - and for me F1's much more fun than the time-trialling of Rally. In fact - Rally is just like F1's qualifying is now.

Anyway....

I think the "raped by Wij" smilie rules!! :clap:

:wij:

M

Moving Target

I was only really interested when Damon Hill won the chamionship.

Y

~YuckFou~

Originally posted by Moving Target
I was only really interested when Damon Hill won the chamionship.

Coulthard does have the potential.
He has had some shit luck over the past few years, some of his own making though. When he's behind in the Championship though he loses heart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom