F1 back on the Beeb!

leviathane

Part of the furniture
"with Martin Brundle and David Coulthard on the bill – but no James Allen, Steve Rider or Mark Blundell"

That's such good news tbh. Love Brundle and absolutely hate james i'll climb the arse of lewis hamiton allen. As for steve fcking rider i'm glad tht old git ain't in it aswell, his face is in all sports on itv and i for one don't wanna see it in f1.

sayward

Resident Freddy
I've never been a fan of Ferrari and absolutely hate the shoe maker but I so wish they wouldn't just talk about and to Hamilton. There are other drivers.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Can't stand Hamilton. He's been media-trained since he was about 10 years old and it shows - he's got the personality of a lump of trained dog-shit...

Kryten

Old Cow.
I've never been a fan of Ferrari and absolutely hate the shoe maker but I so wish they wouldn't just talk about and to Hamilton. There are other drivers.

I think that's much of the problem. I think he's by a mile the best driver on the circuit - maybe not entirely for consistency but all round skill, bollocks and motivation, something not everyone has.
But then again, that's something we don't get to see much of - look at some of the up and comers, Kubica, Rosberg, Sutil, Bordais, shedload of talent that's just not getting the limelight they deserve; after all, they're putting their balls on the line and their lives at risk just the same as the guys at the front, and occasionally getting up there themselves.

Not sure media training is really a problem, it's something a lot of people need to do when they're thrust into the limelight. And face it, some people need it - Raikkonen could do with a major injection of personality as well as refraining from saying naughty words on live TV ;)

JingleBells

FH is my second home
I think that's much of the problem. I think he's by a mile the best driver on the circuit - maybe not entirely for consistency but all round skill, bollocks and motivation, something not everyone has.
But then again, that's something we don't get to see much of - look at some of the up and comers, Kubica, Rosberg, Sutil, Bordais, shedload of talent that's just not getting the limelight they deserve; after all, they're putting their balls on the line and their lives at risk just the same as the guys at the front, and occasionally getting up there themselves.

Not sure media training is really a problem, it's something a lot of people need to do when they're thrust into the limelight. And face it, some people need it - Raikkonen could do with a major injection of personality as well as refraining from saying naughty words on live TV ;)

TBH, as much of a whiny bastard he is, Alonso is IMO the best driver around. Granted his win at Singapore last weekend was mostly due to the genius of Pat Symonds, watching him tell his team that it's about to rain instead of them telling him is mightily impressive.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
...after all, they're putting their balls on the line and their lives at risk ...

Nah. F1 is for pussies nowadays with it's massive runoff areas and "chicanes" to slow drivers down.

Just ask Mr. Moss :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I stopped paying too much attention to F1 when Alesi, Berger et all retired. Unfortunately there seems no one left with Crazy Jean's determination to go sideways at 180mph in the wet on slicks with his engine on fire. Hamilton the pussy crashed cos his tyres were a bit worn ffs!

Kryten

Old Cow.
Alesi and Berger were my favourite duo, back when the Red Team were not bankrolled by the FIA.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
TBH, as much of a whiny bastard he is, Alonso is IMO the best driver around.
Not even close. Prior to Singapore he'd given away more points this season than he'd earned with stupid, frustrated, impatient driving - the perfect example being Monaco.

Granted his win at Singapore last weekend was mostly due to the genius of Pat Symonds
Genius? Come on, it wasnt genius, it was desperation. Well, thats clear providing you actually know what you are watching.

Renault qualified 15th & 16th on a track where you cant overtake: aka they were fucked if they just drove around doing the same as everyone else. The best they could possibly hope for was a point IF they got lucky with managing to overtake a few cars and there being a bunch of retirements.

They took their chances on the safety car: Alonso had a 5 lap window from laps 12 - 17 where either he got a safety car and ended up at the front or he'd be last and his race would be over (calculating if there would be another window of luck later in the race when most of the field was on a mix of 2 & 3 stop strategies isnt for me: Im betting on no). Piquet was playing it the other way, as we saw a few others doing: run long, pray for a safety car just after his only pitstop which, if he managed not to get lapped before then, may have shuffled him towards the front - as we saw him do successfully earlier this year.

80% of the time theyd have ended up with nothing, as we've seen happen to Renault a few times already this year. This time it paid off. Nothing overly clever about it, just the flexibility a team has on strategy when their expectation from a race is ~0.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Have just watched the a re-run of Rossi winning the MotoGP championship. He is so good, beautiful, lucid, charismatic and such a talented rider. I do hope he doesn't move to F1.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Thats something else entirely - I commend the F1 drivers for the big brass balls they have, some larger than others, however motoGP is astonishing in the bollocks stakes, Rossi being no exception.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Dos anyone else watch Moto GP on Eurosport? Where have Toby Moody and Julian Ryder gone?
And I can't stand Jonathan Legard on BBC F1!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Dos anyone else watch Moto GP on Eurosport? Where have Toby Moody and Julian Ryder gone?
And I can't stand Jonathan Legard on BBC F1!

Is John Legard the main commentator? If so yes the guys a douche and needs to be sacked.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Is John Legard the main commentator? If so yes the guys a douche and needs to be sacked.
What did he do? I quite like his commentary... well I haven't had cause to think he should be sacked anyway. :)

The only thing I don't like about the beeb team is Eddie Jordan.. I was sceptical about DC when I heard he was onboard but he's ok I guess.. doesn't really add anything though.

The 5 live commentators are superb though, I don't know any of their names but when I've watched practise sessions on the red button they've provided the words.. Really good geeky technical commentary. :) I always mean to switch across to the 5 live commentary in race as well but I always feel like I might miss something by not listening to Brundle and Legard. :(

And what's the CBBC commentary all about? Do they talk about the big loud vroom-vrooms instead of technical discussions about pitting strategies and KERS? :p

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Agreed with the eddie jordan comment, really don't like him. And that jake chap seems a bit wishy washy more concerned about all their fashion.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
What did he do? I quite like his commentary... well I haven't had cause to think he should be sacked anyway. :)

I'd rather just have Brundel commentate when something interesting happens.

We dont need some overenthusiastic know nothing douchenozzle shitting up the commentary with statistics / comments he didnt shit about until he googled it or read it off a stat package.

Just sack the douche and get Coulthard, Brundel and Eddie Jordan in the commentary box.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
i like eddie jordan, it was excellent when he layed into raikkonen a couple of weeks back.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Legard even reads everything off the screen for us, he's too used to doing a radio commentary. We can see what's happening, he never shuts up. Most of the time he sounds as tho he's doing a state funeral!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom