Exploit or Tactic?

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
there is, when u go outside the window slit and stand on the ledge :)

Cigies

Fledgling Freddie
Calo said:
and while ur on it, lets report skalds to for their insta mezz and thanes cause they have ae effects !!!! cause from ur point of view that is overpowered :mad:

hey lets just report everybody exept glottis!

Ladies and Gentlemen !

The retard of the week award goes too !!!

*Drumroll*

Calo for his most pathetic comparison between class abilities and bug expoiting !!

*Cheers*

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
you can definately hit ppl there from the outside, you just have to go back a bit before the mg.

It's not abuse really.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Bracken said:
Not fair..he wins it EVERY week :(

cool, i was actually joking, but hey, some take this shit way to serious :cheers:

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Sigh... RightNow it, let Goa decide. Same goes for that accusations Glottis made.

I really get bored of people coming here first to say so and so exploited this bug or that bug. If they did, RightNow it so some real action can be taken by people who can actually do something about it. Don't talk here to people who can't do shit about it.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Gordonax said:
Sigh... RightNow it, let Goa decide. Same goes for that accusations Glottis made.

I really get bored of people coming here first to say so and so exploited this bug or that bug. If they did, RightNow it so some real action can be taken by people who can actually do something about it. Don't talk here to people who can't do shit about it.

Whats the point of having a forum then if we going to run to RightNever everytime somebody has a problem/ question that cant be answered in game? Or would u prefer that only Grats threads are posted here?
Also i am not sure if u have had any xp with RightNever, if u had u would know that they never tell you that the person you were complaining about was a abuser or not they just inform you that they are looking into it.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Cigies said:
Ladies and Gentlemen !

The retard of the week award goes too !!!

*Drumroll*

Calo for his most pathetic comparison between class abilities and bug expoiting !!

*Cheers*

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Athletes give out athlete-rewards, musicians give out music-awards, retards give out retard-awards.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
tierk said:
Whats the point of having a forum then if we going to run to RightNever everytime somebody has a problem/ question that cant be answered in game? Or would u prefer that only Grats threads are posted here?

Because these kinds of threads accomplish precisely nothing? Casting from inside a wall where you can't be hit is abuse. RightNow it and leave it to Goa.

And I hate gratz threads.

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
Glottis said:
While he is at it, maybe report all NP players also for abusing the 28 buff bug to avoid grapple...
Regards, Glottis
Yep. I admit it. I abuse the bug where I can't be grappled, by playing a class nobody in their right mind would grapple in the first place :(

Marc

FH is my second home
Gordonax said:

Congratulations on reading Skilgannons first post thoroughly before posting this shite. Where did he name So and So exploiting so and so bug? There was no mention of names until one of the SM's in question posted and Skil was merely asking wether people thought it was a bug or exploit.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
Congratulations on reading Skilgannons first post thoroughly before posting this shite. Where did he name So and So exploiting so and so bug? There was no mention of names until one of the SM's in question posted and Skil was merely asking wether people thought it was a bug or exploit.

Congratulations on not reading the bit where I said "The same goes for the accusations that Glottis made", where he DID name NP for exploiting, and to which I was specifically referring. I still get fed up of posts about "bug or exploit", because ultimately it doesn't matter whatyou or I or the rest of the people that post here think - what matters is that Goa thinks. Hence, RightNow it rather than posting a pointless question here.

I mean Jesus - we're paying Goa more than enough for THEM to do the hard work of deciding if something's a bug/exploit/whatever.

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
I mean Jesus - we're paying Goa more than enough for THEM to do the hard work of deciding if something's a bug/exploit/whatever.

Well, we get absolutely sod all feedback from GOA. Some players might ignore things because they think it is 'normal'. Without debating what some are doing the community won't force a decision. The one way to get a decision made is via forums, not RightNow.

Whether you like it or not, that is how it is. RightNow is totally worthless. You receive zero, zip, nada feedback. If many discuss on a forum then it gets acted on. One or, in this case, two individuals submitting a RightNow achieves zero. Sad but true.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Skilgannon said:
Well, we get absolutely sod all feedback from GOA. Some players might ignore things because they think it is 'normal'. Without debating what some are doing the community won't force a decision. The one way to get a decision made is via forums, not RightNow.

Whether you like it or not, that is how it is. RightNow is totally worthless. You receive zero, zip, nada feedback. If many discuss on a forum then it gets acted on. One or, in this case, two individuals submitting a RightNow achieves zero. Sad but true.

RightNow is the only way someone's going to get a ban for exploiting though. And people HAVE got bans, ranging from a couple of days up. The community here can't do squat, to be honest - you're just giving the cheating morons some publicity.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Skilgannon said:
Well, it depends on what you are after. The people you reported might get everything from a reprimand to a temporary or more permanent ban, depending on what GOA finds in their server logs. However, it is correct that you will not get any feedback of their fate, simply because that is GOA's policy--not to tell anyone but the one who got banned to avoid people gloating, etc (I imagine). I can understand how that can be frustrating if information is what you are after, but try pm:ing Requiel on this forum if you want a clear answer.

For myself, I would wish that GOA was a little more public in their punishments in order to serve as a deterrent against future would-be cheaters. For instance, your idea of public executions of cheaters and the display of their body parts in various parts of the realm (i.e. the heads of caught radar-users on the gates of Svasud/Ligen/Sauvage) would not only be a fun roleplay element, but also serve a useful cause. :)

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Skilgannon said:
Casters inside the wall outside MG room.

Can't be hit from inside yet they can pbaoe. Seen 3 SM's do this today so far.

As tank groups can't hit them, yet they can attack, is that not an abuse? Even Reaver LT can't hit them from below. Target not visible when inside and target not visible when outside. Ran out of room and down the stairs to LT. You can see part of the RR title but the caster is actually in the wall not on the ledge.

Sent screenies to RightNow so hope they can clear it up.
If you wish the community to judge, you'll need to show those screenshots, as your description is somewhat lacking. It "sounds like" he could well just be on the ledge, and therefore not visible from inside, and not in LoS from where you went outside - the window frame/ledge and door will block LoS quite often.

So, if you want positive feedback (towards yourself) on the issue, post the pics.

Wiro

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
For instance, your idea of public executions of cheaters and the display of their body parts in various parts of the realm (i.e. the heads of caught radar-users on the gates of Svasud/Ligen/Sauvage) would not only be a fun roleplay element, but also serve a useful cause. :)

That would be uber really :worthy:
Imagine the heads of all NP players at Svasud gates and the rest of their dead bodies spread over MTK Emain / Hadrian's Wall :p
:flame:

tierk

Part of the furniture
Gordonax said:
Because these kinds of threads accomplish precisely nothing? Casting from inside a wall where you can't be hit is abuse. RightNow it and leave it to Goa.

And I hate gratz threads.

Ok but i think by coming here we established that he (Skillganon) could have been wrong about the cheating bit, as there are balconies at mg's and he couldnt get to hit em because of that, maybe. Now if he had complained straight to Rightnow he would never have found out about em and the possibilty that they were casting from there. I think this only makes the point that these forums do have there uses and this is probably one of the few good uses that it is put to, GraTzZ threads aside :)

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Pin said:
If you wish the community to judge, you'll need to show those screenshots, as your description is somewhat lacking. It "sounds like" he could well just be on the ledge, and therefore not visible from inside, and not in LoS from where you went outside - the window frame/ledge and door will block LoS quite often.

So, if you want positive feedback (towards yourself) on the issue, post the pics.

The precise reason for not naming names or publishing screenies was so as not to initiate a witchhunt, or trial by flame, of people who may or may not be innocent of foul play. The fact that an individual identified himself was up to him.

The screenies (and hence names) are correctly at RightNow, from at least me and 1 other. It is up to GOA to act or not. The purpose of asking a general question is to gauge opinion. Is it an exploit or tactic? People may not know themselves whether or not they are concealed in that position. I have hidden behind MG gates to trap enemies opening the gates and in 3rd person the view of your char is extremely limited. Was I in the wall? Dunno, but if someone said that I was then I would be very careful of ensuring I was perfectly legal.

An action by GOA will not be publicised, therefore debate on the subject can help people decide whether or not, in their opinion, what they are doing is legal. The risks are then up to them.

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
thanks god it's up to goa to judge who is xjit00r and who aint.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Skilgannon said:
The purpose of asking a general question is to gauge opinion. Is it an exploit or tactic?
You didn't ask a general question. A general question would have been:

Is it an exploit to hide your character inside geometry such that it is not targettable, or attackable from range, or in melee?
The answer to this would have basically been a unanimous "Yes", (which you know, of course).

Your question was roughly:

I saw this guy standing somewhere, but couldn't hit him from where I was, nor could a friend cast on him from where he was. Was he cheating?
This is not a general question. It is one pertaining to a specific event, but does not give enough details to make any valid judgement over the individuals involved, and therefore you get a lot of 'mixed' answers due to the jury not being presented with any evidence beyond the half-statement of one witness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom