Exploit or Tactic?

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Casters inside the wall outside MG room.

Can't be hit from inside yet they can pbaoe. Seen 3 SM's do this today so far.

As tank groups can't hit them, yet they can attack, is that not an abuse? Even Reaver LT can't hit them from below. Target not visible when inside and target not visible when outside. Ran out of room and down the stairs to LT. You can see part of the RR title but the caster is actually in the wall not on the ledge.

Sent screenies to RightNow so hope they can clear it up.

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
Skilgannon said:
Casters inside the wall outside MG room.

Can't be hit from inside yet they can pbaoe. Seen 3 SM's do this today so far.

As tank groups can't hit them, yet they can attack, is that not an abuse? Even Reaver LT can't hit them from below. Target not visible when inside and target not visible when outside. Ran out of room and down the stairs to LT. You can see part of the RR title but the caster is actually in the wall not on the ledge.

Sent screenies to RightNow so hope they can clear it up.

exploit ofc, like dps debuff :-<

Zzang

Fledgling Freddie
omg, this must be something new? Pbae going thru walls? never heard of it.
lets hope Goa can help us with this one.

Funkybunny

Banned
omg... seriously? can they pbaoe through walls??? ive never seen that!! i hope albs never start using that when they camp rooms on amg/mmg! p :flame: :eek2: :m00:

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Zzang said:

I think the point was that they can't be hit at all, neither from inside nor outside. I guess he knows that pbae goes through walls, but to me it sounds like the SM's were standing INSIDE the wall, so I'd vote for abuse, but then again no idea how the situation was, so I won't make any definate comment.

bult

Loyal Freddie
Pretty sure people have been banned for this kind of thing before, like standing inside the bridges in BG have gotten people banned etc. Report and see what happens ;)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Rightnow the screenshots, server-side logs will show if they where in a spot unreachable for melee (without doing the same 'exploit' ofcourse).

Cyfr

Banned
I exploited that bug when I was level 36 with my eld! VOID FOR THE WIN

remi

Fledgling Freddie
as i understand it, exploit. same as with necro pets inside mg walls i guess..

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
Funkybunny said:
omg... seriously? can they pbaoe through walls??? ive never seen that!! i hope albs never start using that when they camp rooms on amg/mmg! p :flame: :eek2: :m00:
Zzang said:

hi, do you fucking read?
look, he posted:
'Casters inside the wall outside MG room.'

that's not just pbae from inside the wall, thats bug abuse xD

Soulspirit

Fledgling Freddie
I assume you are talking about me doing this in Odin's Gate at around 2 cet. First of all, you can hit me from the point I was standing. I was standing on those wooden balcony's outside the window. You can just walk through the window and hit me. Second, you and the armsman killed me after all, so what are you talking about not being able to hit me?

Btw you reavers are a pain for pbaoe casters :(

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:
have you reported all enchanters yet m8?

While he is at it, maybe report all NP players also for abusing the 28 buff bug to avoid grapple...
Regards, Glottis

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Soulspirit said:
I assume you are talking about me doing this in Odin's Gate at around 2 cet. First of all, you can hit me from the point I was standing. I was standing on those wooden balcony's outside the window. You can just walk through the window and hit me. Second, you and the armsman killed me after all, so what are you talking about not being able to hit me?

You were one of the 3.

Target not visible from inside. Target not visible from outside. I killed you in the end with MLs and wrack cause I couldn't hit you from inside and our cabbies couldn't hit you from outside. All that could be seen from the outside on the screeny was 'en herra'. Your virtual body was inside the wall.

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
Soulspirit said:

Enjoy your more-than-sure ban, bug-exploiter moron, pity it will be only 3 days :puke:

Soulspirit

Fledgling Freddie
But the armsman was hitting me from the window. I'm 100% sure cause after I released I saw "Xxx hits you with his axe for 450+ dmg" in my window and thought wtf since when do albs hit so hard :p Also it said you hit me with your flex weapon but my pet intercepted it. Btw I don't remember seeing any cabalists that fight. But maybe they were standing behind like you said.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Glottis said:
While he is at it, maybe report all NP players also for abusing the 28 buff bug to avoid grapple...
Regards, Glottis

and while ur on it, lets report skalds to for their insta mezz and thanes cause they have ae effects !!!! cause from ur point of view that is overpowered :mad:

hey lets just report everybody exept glottis!

Soulspirit

Fledgling Freddie
Antedeluvian said:
Enjoy your more-than-sure ban, bug-exploiter moron, pity it will be only 3 days :puke:

Have you ever heard of this exploit? DAoC is almost 3 years old and after 3 years of camping gates people FINALLY find this exploit? No they don't, cause it doesn't exist. It was just an unlucky turn of events. We all know you can sometimes see people, but not hit them. Or the irritating 'target is not in view' message when he IS in view. I think you should keep yourself out of this conversation, cause you don't know what happend.

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
show pics then!
if he was just standing in the window.. on the outside.. its hardly abuse.. but then he doesnt really stand 'in the wall' either.. JUST SHOW PICS!

Chronictank

FH is my second home
lol
and LOL
they werent in the wall they were on the balcony on top of the gate
if you were on the other side a caster could nuke them, if you went through the window you could hit them.

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
lol
and LOL
they werent in the wall they were on the balcony on top of the gate
if you were on the other side a caster could nuke them, if you went through the window you could hit them.

Err..no.

Target not visible from inside. Target not visible from on the ground outside.

And sorry. I aint seen any balconys on an MG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom