Excal down again - I do not bloody believe it

Q

quinthar

I suggest that if you are logged in do NOT attempt to log out, your account will be locked :/

What a bunch of fucking clowns GOA are

M

Mundokar

Originally posted by elbeek
Nerf Goa and thier lego servers ffs.... GIVE WoW and fuck off crappy french devs.

Lego works :)

J

Jace

Would love to mob Prydwen but as a nice double whammy from the fuckwits at GOA my account is permanently showing as logged in.

Hope Mythic are watching but I get the feeling they don't give a shit anyhow.

E

elbeek

GOA talk bollox. My PC has a 3.2 800fsb P4, 1 gig of pc 4200 and a Radeon 9800XT, running 512kb dsl and I still lag like fuck atm.

I have seen more in one zone on a lot of occasions, lets face it 300 isnt a huge amount these days. I dont really want any more free days so we can lag die and stumble around at 3 fps, I want what GOA are supposed to provide.

Just as well the french defence isnt run by these useless wankers or they would have been invaded by now....or maybe.......

F

Faeldawn

Someone obviously forgot to feed Derick, the hamster that powers the server, seems he's on strike and not gonna run that wheel till he gets a 30% grain increase.

K

korgano

What GOA Said

This is Goa's Message for those who haven't seen it (from Saturday crash)

On Saturday evening we encountered some technical problems with Excalibur and Avalon. We met the same problems on Stonehenge a few weeks ago, and to prevent it from escalating the two servers were taken down on Saturday evening.

We are currently working on getting the servers back up and running normally. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience this downtime may have caused, and the lack of information. The affected English players will naturally be compensated for the lost playing time.

What a load of crap...if you are going to take a server out of service you give the warning "Server going down in 5 mins please find safe spot to log out" which we have no doubt all seen

It was a crash pure and simple and I bet they put an out of date backup server in to cover it and THAT has given up the ghost

Maximum Profit
Maximum Grief
Minimum Interest
Minimum Customer Support
If you don't like it play something else.....to me the US Servers begin to look even more inviting every damn day

Are they going to claim that they "took this server out of service" this time as well...bunch of 2 bit no good liars who just want all our money for no work on their part - I hope they lose their damn licence - UO never had this trouble AND you have ingame customer support

Y

Ygdrisil.

still in

489 players currently in the game still (was playing in thidrankie on second computer)

just the authentication server stopped crashing odins with it it seems..

R

Risinn

The server seems to be up just like last time when a few people stayed on. A friend of mine is still playing although I got the "Server has closed you connection" message and then the "The auhorization server is unavailabe" when I try to log in.

T

Telamon

I Bet you they have all the english Servers running on the same
286 Machine with Windows 3.11 for Workgroups.

Gorre/Excal just happen to be on the same harddisk ;)
and that's crashing all the time.

.. Lag would be due to goa staff spamming the Puter (which would also be their company MP3-Server) with download requests.

Originally posted by PaqMan
Went to get some coffe and then return to watch my nice and jumpy 1fps, and link dropped..

EDIT:

And btw... As I come to login screen BOTH Excal and Gorre is down.. Could it be that they share Gorre, the TEST server, with excal on same cluster(or however they configured it) and thats why its so damn unstable?? The server is full of tests, patches and shit..

T

the_fnord

Originally posted by elbeek
Nerf Goa and thier lego servers ffs.... GIVE WoW and fuck off crappy french devs.
A lego server wuold prolly work better than GOAs crap. :p

Get a f*ckin grip GOA!!!! :eek:

[Edit]Spelling... :rolleyes: [/Edit]

N

NetNifty

/who odins = 4 albs

/who emain = 1 alb

Think those ppl ported next port after odins crashed, login server still b0rked i guess?

D

Danord_durin

im still on ;)

Lets see how long it lasts

F

firebirth

<laughs manically in the corner>

My friends it is obvious that GOA are completely imcompetent and I would advise you to all post your comments to GOA and Mythic

Its time we reclaimed this world for our own its time to destroy...ermm i mean spank GDI...err i mean GOA....

viva la revolution!

F

filofax

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
that's only when _part_ of the zerg LDs... and I've experienced that first hand - someone VPs on 40 people, everyone who's not got /effects self or /effects none (or a spiffy machine) gets booted ;) Mythic fix this in 1.64 or 1.65

That's the problem, that wasnt what happend, 1 of the times half the zzerg ld'd we were all out running the choochoo train, with no combat whatsoever, when suddenly 50% ld.

K

Kedeligths

Re: What GOA Said

Originally posted by korgano
This is Goa's Message for those who haven't seen it (from Saturday crash)

On Saturday evening we encountered some technical problems with Excalibur and Avalon. We met the same problems on Stonehenge a few weeks ago, and to prevent it from escalating the two servers were taken down on Saturday evening.

We are currently working on getting the servers back up and running normally. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience this downtime may have caused, and the lack of information. The affected English players will naturally be compensated for the lost playing time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zargar, who wrote this either did not know enough 100% to feed us with it or is a liar. I don´t won´t to beleive the last thing.
Or maybe it is so technically complex that it wouldn´t be of any use to 99% of us, so he decided not to write it.

F

finbahr

FFS THIS IS SHITE GOA JUST FUCK OF AND LET A DECENT COMPANY TAKE OVER

C

cerberos

Excalibur Login Problems
[2004-6-01]

Yet again there are problems with Excalibur. It seems to be the same problem as on Saturday evening and following that logic you can expect Excalibur to be back up and running at the latest tomorrow morning.

Again, I am very sorry that this is even happening and I will keep you posted as soon as I receive any news on the current situation.

Erivoss - DAoC UK

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by Telamon
I Bet you they have all the english Servers running on the same
286 Machine with Windows 3.11 for Workgroups.

they should have gone with netware3.1 4tehwin

probably got os/2.......

F

firebirth

Originally posted by cerberos
Excalibur Login Problems
[2004-6-01]

Yet again there are problems with Excalibur. It seems to be the same problem as on Saturday evening and following that logic you can expect Excalibur to be back up and running at the latest tomorrow morning.

Again, I am very sorry that this is even happening and I will keep you posted as soon as I receive any news on the current situation.

Erivoss - DAoC UK

NOT F**KING GOOD ENOUGH

C

Celeb

Sucks big time. How many more of these farces will people stand for?

I for one am glad of it, started playing other things now and am getting very tempted to close my accounts. GOA clearly are just taking my money and everyone elses and pissing it up the wall. Decent hardware is cheap in the grand scheme of things and if they wanna just use us for profiteering then I am not gonna keep giving them cash.

T

Tesla Monkor

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
Gorre's been offline for months :p

Actually, no. It's been up most of the time, but not open for public testing. ;)

S

stelfa

Its all part of the Midgard defence system. If several hundred albs log on to try and take the relics back the server explodes.

;)

B

borf

Originally posted by cerberos
Excalibur Login Problems
[2004-6-01]

Erivoss - DAoC UK

what happened to zargar??
O well, atleast they made a note to us this time, I see progress 8)

Borf

L

lothian

Customer support?

Erivoss - DAoC UK

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hehe.. i know why they cant get up before tomorrow. It's the same everywhere, you provide a 24 hour service but the employees only work from 9 to 5. Maybe one noob overthere is watching it and if it crashes: well we have to wait till tomorrow when there someone who knows how things should work.

N

NetNifty

Originally posted by borf
what happened to zargar??
O well, atleast they made a note to us this time, I see progress 8)

Borf

GOA replaced Zargar with a script to post that msg when the server goes down imo.

F

frols

I went ld on excal now i cant log on prydwen, sais i am already logged in. is that cause of server is down?

I

iolas

This is just too much, damn GOA fuckups

What kind of servers do they have ffs? prolly some stupid multi-celeron processor environment with EDO memory and slow obsolete MFM harddisks :)

F

firebirth

They run them off an Atari 2600 what do u expect

Users who are viewing this thread