Excal down again - I do not bloody believe it

T

Telamon

Sorry but ..

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

V

valcyr

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FFS!

/cry

M

Mundokar

Authorization server is fucked up again. JEEZ..!

O

old.Xanthian

Authentification Server Unavailable

thats the message im getting :sleeping:

O

oldgit

Gaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

F

faef

And cant log in due to authentication server being down.

SORT OUT YOUR SHIT HARDWARE!

P

PaqMan

Went to get some coffe and then return to watch my nice and jumpy 1fps, and link dropped..

EDIT:

And btw... As I come to login screen BOTH Excal and Gorre is down.. Could it be that they share Gorre, the TEST server, with excal on same cluster(or however they configured it) and thats why its so damn unstable?? The server is full of tests, patches and shit..

N

Nebel

OMFG!!!!!!
I cant believe that shit... cant even handle 300 peeps at Hids?!?!?

F

filofax

THEY STILL CLAIM ITS OUR COMPUTERS AND NOT THEIR SERVERS!!!

Sorry for caps, but their replies so far have been that they take the servers down, they dont crash at all, and servers are capable of handeling this, its our computers faults.

A

Argyle-

same here... I give up, will try again 2morrow as GOA will only notice when they wake up 2morrow after 10 orso...

gn to all.

E

elbeek

Nerf Goa and thier lego servers ffs.... GIVE WoW and fuck off crappy french devs.

A

Auriel

GAH!! Awesome night of RvR and KABOOOOOOOOOOM, fun over :puke:

R

raithian

well maybe its a deliberate bug goa added to stop albs zerging with mega numbers on rr
2 time albs tryed rr 2 times server crashes co-incident or what.

there is a lesion in this maybe if albs tryed an rr with less than 400 thay might just actualy have a chance with out servers crashing

O

old.yaruar

now...

thinking about this.

theoretically the game is supposed to handle these numbers

there were 200+ mids in the frontiers and probably 300+ albs and hibs..

however has this load been tested ever. most of the us servers are smaller player bases.

the european servers have more players, but do they every fight at these sorts of levels with 500+ in one frontier......

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by elbeek
Nerf Goa and thier lego servers ffs.... GIVE WoW and fuck off crappy french devs.

I sense some anger here...

T

Thorgood

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!

Upgrade server now GOA!!!!!

G

Ghostly

Originally posted by raithian
well maybe its a deliberate bug goa added to stop albs zerging with mega numbers on rr
2 time albs tryed rr 2 times server crashes co-incident or what.

there is a lesion in this maybe if albs tryed an rr with less than 400 thay might just actualy have a chance with out servers crashing

Maybe if mids didn't take relics on a lame time albs wouldn't go out RvR'ing in these numbers.......

T

Tyka

ARGH NO DAOC WTF ARE WE GOING TO DO GUYS, CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H

Hrogar

Hmm... it's a sad moment indeed. Been looking forward to some major fighting all day, and when we finally got one at Hlid it all crashes down.
Good try btw Albs, was a nice defence you had going.

Kind regards

F

Flimgoblin

we used to get proper zone crashes - that was differnet though it just meant you couldn't log back into that zone...
(GOA upgraded the servers, mythic tightened up some code and put in limits for people entering a zone which we've encountered - ever not been able to login a char whilst everyone else is there? that's the code they put in)

this _appears_ to be something different - authentication servers rather than just a zone...

might just be a strange error message instead.

L

lothian

This is bad!

Hmzz, i hate this. Just came home from work and wanted to do some RVR to relax :)d)...

When i was in a grp.. got the msg : The server has closed your connection.

It the same as the last weekend, i pay 24 euri a month for a unstable server? (i have 2 accounts btw).

C

civy

And we can't have another server to balance the load because there arn't enough of us:/

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Tyka
ARGH NO DAOC WTF ARE WE GOING TO DO GUYS, CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mob prydwen of course, duh :)

J

joi

IRL crap Tyka ?

like WTF - we pay for this shit...

T

ttillub

Stress test passed !
[2003-19-12]

Well, it didn't take long for Prydweneers to stress test the new upgraded server. Last night, what started with a massive attack by the Midgardian forces on the keeps of Albion soon turned into a three realm mass fighting.

For the record, more than 800 players were in the three major zones of the Albion frontiers (Hadrian Wall, Pennine Mnts and Forest Sauvage), fighting for one realm or the other. Armies of hundreds clashed against each others and the fight of Erasleigh will be one to remember for a long time : More than 300 players around and in the keep at one point...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prydwen servers can take the load. Or at least did.
Obviously if all servers are identical, Excalibur needs better hardware than others then?

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by filofax
THEY STILL CLAIM ITS OUR COMPUTERS AND NOT THEIR SERVERS!!!

Sorry for caps, but their replies so far have been that they take the servers down, they dont crash at all, and servers are capable of handeling this, its our computers faults.

that's only when _part_ of the zerg LDs... and I've experienced that first hand - someone VPs on 40 people, everyone who's not got /effects self or /effects none (or a spiffy machine) gets booted ;) Mythic fix this in 1.64 or 1.65

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by PaqMan
Went to get some coffe and then return to watch my nice and jumpy 1fps, and link dropped..

EDIT:

And btw... As I come to login screen BOTH Excal and Gorre is down.. Could it be that they share Gorre, the TEST server, with excal on same cluster(or however they configured it) and thats why its so damn unstable?? The server is full of tests, patches and shit..

Gorre's been offline for months :p

Users who are viewing this thread