Ewwo!!11

Gray

FH is my second home
Dont think ive been down this part of town before, oh how it looks so nice!

Anyway, i have somewhat of a few niggling problems in CS, (again) and wondering if you lot had any clues where to look.

Since i got my new motherboard (Abit NF7) ive had problems occuring about twice a day where the sound goes really crackly, and i cant fix it ingame so i have to quit CS and restart from the beginning. It pisses me off muchly :/. Im not sure if its Hardware/Software or just CS being dodgy, because it doesnt happen anywhere else other than in CS.

The other problem, which i have told you about before, is the "B" spray. Nothing major i know but it gets annoying after a while seeing the same spray all over the place :/. I reinstalled CS but copied the cstrike folder over to my new place... but the problem remains so im wondering whether its a file in the cstrike folder which is causing this.

Gray

FH is my second home
Since i last fried my motherboard (ahem) ive got a bit of an update for ye!

The sound crackling has stopped since i installed this new motherboard, so im suspecting that it was a hardware fault on the motherboard which was causing the crackling ingame.

As for the spray, i also found out how to see/use custom sprays now.

First, go into your Cstrike folder and find your pldecal.wad file (Your spray), copy it and paste it in the same directory (So you should have "Copy of pldecal.wad").

Delete the old pldecal.wad if you desire, but rename "Copy of pldecal.wad" to tempdecal.wad and Bobs your uncle!

I didnt delete my pldecal.wad because when i tried it, it worked perfect from the go, but other people had problems and had to revert to deleting pldecal.wad and letting the server create a new one.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
I think the sound issues that you have was more to do with the driver. I had problems in other games (not CS, cos I dont play it :D ), which stopped when I downloaded the latest nForce driver from the nVidia website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom