Evesham

Cynical

Fledgling Freddie
Thinking of buying a new PC, shopped around for a bit and these seem to be the best value for money. Anyone had any problems with them?

JingleBells

FH is my second home
I've had no problems with my Evesham, bought sept 2002 (apart from frying my CPU this Xmas :)) but my brother bought an Evesham this august (2004) and he had great problems with it crashing. Ran a memtest and found 167 errors in his RAM, received new RAM, and that still was error prone. With his third set of RAM its working fine now though, but I'd recommend running memtest a few times once you have it set up.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I bought my last pre-built pc from evesham , when an xp2000+ was good stuff. Its all gone now about 3 years later, except for the hard drive and the psu ans case, but I never had any problems with any of it.
If you want a good pc, and dont mind paying a bit extra, and are too lazy to build your own, Id say Evesham where pretty good tbh.
Much easier /cheaper /better to build yer own though.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
You could also look at Mesh and Dell

They are also very competitive with their prices and good quality...

Sometimes if you phone them you can bargain with Mesh a bit...

djpringle

Pork Smuggler
Not really a problem but their delivery times are a bit vague. They say machines can take up to 10 working days before delivery but they wouldn't commit on a firm date. In the end the laptop I ordered turned up in about 3 days, which unfortunately was 2 days before I did :( Luckily I have nice neighbours.

Cynical

Fledgling Freddie
decided to switch to mesh. going to try and get the wonga for this beast beast

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Had problems with two machines that I purchased from Mesh around the same time, and with the last machine I purchased from Evesham. Of course these things happen but I found their technical support people to be spectacularly unhelpful and just wanting to fob their customers off rather than dealing with issues raised. Which was particularly galling as I purchased an on-site maintenance warranty for my Evesham system!

Have always found Dell to be very reliable, although my main system is currently a Compaq -- also very reliable, and sometimes buying from somewhere like PC World or Dixons can be handy as they approach computers with a superstore mentality. If it doesn't work swap it for another one ... none of this reformat your hard drive 1,000 times crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom