EVE - The NC is dead. yes, its finally happened

Marc

FH is my second home
Where BOB failed, the russians succeeded. The NC signed their own death warrant when they invaded russian space last summer for "good fights". The russians went away and amassed a super capital fleet never seen before often committing 400+ super caps to a fight and with the help of PL, have finally killed the NC.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
lol, fielding 400+ supercaps and STILL needed help?

Marc

FH is my second home
RAWR and RZR are evaccing the north as we speak. Goons and TEST have reset most of the NC with the exception of RAWR and RZR and a few alliances that were more DC than NC, like WI, LAWN and MH.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Now all that's left to see is if they stay down or try to recoup.

But to be perfectly honest, i don't think this was very hard, NC was last i heard anything about it, really weak and splintered.

So basically the russians only sped up what was probably coming anyway.

Not sure if that's much to brag about.

Soo, who's next then?

Aada

Part of the furniture
Although i never got on with EVE due to the skill system i love reading what corp has been taken down etc very interesting :)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Its all fun and games till your capital ships and faction bs are trapped in nasty places :(

Marc

FH is my second home
Now all that's left to see is if they stay down or try to recoup.

But to be perfectly honest, i don't think this was very hard, NC was last i heard anything about it, really weak and splintered.

So basically the russians only sped up what was probably coming anyway.

Not sure if that's much to brag about.

Soo, who's next then?

When the russians first started their campaign back at xmas, we kicked their asses, often having participating numbers of 3,000 pilots. Moral was high. We were bulletproof. Then 2 things happened. The russians unveiled their supercap fleet and PL unveiled their new fleet doctrine. Tengus. Their 70 man tengu fleet took down a close to 500 battleship fleet. We were welping fleets to PL and supers to the russians on a daily basis. People who dont play eve dont understand the importance of moral and our moral was on a downward spiral. Goons came to save the day but then thought "fuck that" when the NC could only manage fleet numbers of 200-300 for CTA's. It was game over then. Vuk came back with a rousing speech but nothing changed. Even AAA/Stainwagon tried to help, realising the importance of not allowing the russians more space and turning into a botting/RMT wasteland. All in vain.

There is only one powerbloc left. The DRF

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
So Punishment was right. I'd never believe NC would ever be dislodged from the north tbh. It was close a few years back with BOB/MC, but in the end they failed.

So I guess russians win EVE? And yeah, everyone know russians cover for thousands of bots, fucking up the game over time. And of course the reason for their insane supercap fleets, having close to infinite ISK and mineral access.

I guess the question is what now? A two sided fight, the russians vs the rest of 0.0 EVE?

Marc

FH is my second home
So Punishment was right. I'd never believe NC would ever be dislodged from the north tbh. It was close a few years back with BOB/MC, but in the end they failed.

So I guess russians win EVE? And yeah, everyone know russians cover for thousands of bots, fucking up the game over time. And of course the reason for their insane supercap fleets, having close to infinite ISK and mineral access.

I guess the question is what now? A two sided fight, the russians vs the rest of 0.0 EVE?

The thing about the russians, sure they have thousands and thousands of bots, but if you poke them with a stick, they WILL respond with thousands of human players and they are relentless. After all, hundreds of them dont even need to work, they make all their RL money from botting

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
What would be funny tho is if a couple of hundred ppl without a corp started harassing them 24/7 and kill nothing but their bots.

Can't retaliate if there's nothing to retaliate on. :p
They could even have their "bases" in a station in a .4 system just to add insult to injury. :)

Doing this with a corp or alliance is to risky as they would just declare war, cap stations and take over systems, but something like above? :)

I think it might work if they were serious about it. If nothing else then to just piss them off...

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Bots have evolved from much more than a simple macro system that clicks on the screen. Nowdays they hook into the game commands themselves and react on events. They are really professional pieces of software that are driven by the extremely good dollar value of the ingame ISK, compared to for example WoW gold.

They are near impossible to kill by neutrals or reds. Since they are automated they react much faster than a human and can instantly safe up in a POS or cloak when a neutral/red is detected in local. Basically for a neutral/red to kill them all the stars need to be aligned. For example, an asteroid field very close to in-gate, a pro player with directional scanner in an inty and the bot aligned 180 degrees from safe, then MAYBE.

Why would a dead bot worry the owner anyways? The bots can automatically swap to fitted ships in a POS if they die somehow, wait until threat is over and continue on. All the owner needs to do is refuel POS, restock ships if needed and scoop the loot bots have automatically deposited to POS containers. They only need to do this like once every two weeks.

Besides, the bots have human players backing their activities, doing anything but harassment won't affect it long-term. As the bot-owners have infinite resources at their disposal.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Bots have evolved from much more than a simple macro system that clicks on the screen. Nowdays they hook into the game commands themselves and react on events. They are really professional pieces of software that are driven by the extremely good dollar value of the ingame ISK, compared to for example WoW gold.

They are near impossible to kill by neutrals or reds. Since they are automated they react much faster than a human and can instantly safe up in a POS or cloak when a neutral/red is detected in local. Basically for a neutral/red to kill them all the stars need to be aligned. For example, an asteroid field very close to in-gate, a pro player with directional scanner in an inty and the bot aligned 180 degrees from safe, then MAYBE.

Why would a dead bot worry the owner anyways? The bots can automatically swap to fitted ships in a POS if they die somehow, wait until threat is over and continue on. All the owner needs to do is refuel POS, restock ships if needed and scoop the loot bots have automatically deposited to POS containers. They only need to do this like once every two weeks.

Besides, the bots have human players backing their activities, doing anything but harassment won't affect it long-term. As the bot-owners have infinite resources at their disposal.

That's fucking scary tbh.

These Russian dudes will literally burn your corp to the ground if you so much as disturb a bot?

Punishment

Resident Freddy
No he is just pointing out why its so hard to kill bots and the pointlessness of it all un the big scheme of things

Aada

Part of the furniture
So what would happen in EVE if the Russians literally dominated the game? would CCP step in?

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Well if other 0.0 players get frustrated by the bot activity and start leaving because of that, it forces CCP's hand. Right now CCP is looking through their fingers on the issue because the bots and the russian playerbase is a really large chunk of the EVE playerbase. Banning the bots and the people behind them would really cost CCP alot in revenues.

If russians dominated EVE by legal means, it would be all good and dandy though. But since this next generation of bots arrived a few years back, they're currently impossible to stop them ingame, as EVE is alot about morale/attrition when it comes to sov defense. As someone else pointed out, the wage levels in russia / baltics / balkan are so low that botting and RMT'ing really puts you in the upper middle class of the society in those countries.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Well if other 0.0 players get frustrated by the bot activity and start leaving because of that, it forces CCP's hand. Right now CCP is looking through their fingers on the issue because the bots and the russian playerbase is a really large chunk of the EVE playerbase. Banning the bots and the people behind them would really cost CCP alot in revenues.

If russians dominated EVE by legal means, it would be all good and dandy though. But since this next generation of bots arrived a few years back, they're currently impossible to stop them ingame, as EVE is alot about morale/attrition when it comes to sov defense. As someone else pointed out, the wage levels in russia / baltics / balkan are so low that botting and RMT'ing really puts you in the upper middle class of the society in those countries.

As much as i applaud CCP's attempts to support third world countries, this is fucked up.

Who the hell is gonna dare to try and attack these russians now when they know they can field 400+ supercaps at a moments notice?

CCP have shot themselves if the foot here. Now they CAN'T do anything because it will hurt them to much, but soon they are going to HAVE to do something, and when that day comes it's gonna hurt them a LOT more then it should have.

Marc

FH is my second home
Latest Influence map

http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/Verite/influence.png

The russians control pretty much all the East and are on Morsus Mihi's doorstep. MM are evaccing to Hi sec so that leaves all of tribute to the russians. Razor are in no fit state to defend so their space will be next. SO not only do the russians have their botting income, but now they have 70+ tech moons.

Its time The Mitanni stepped up to the plate and extended the clusterfuck coalition (goons/Test/Convicted/WI) to include old NC alliances and hit back at the russians once the supercap nerf hits.

Marc

FH is my second home
Who the hell is gonna dare to try and attack these russians now when they know they can field 400+ supercaps at a moments notice?

They dropped 40 titans and 90 Supercaps the other day on a random engagement which wasnt a CTA :eek2:

Marc

FH is my second home
Oh and the other night, WH was about to come out of timer, a massively important system. Was supposed to be the NCs last stand. We mustered close to a thousand pilots and goons brought a further 300. Intel suggested DRF/PL etc had less numbers with similar numbers of supercaps we had. This was the battle that was gonna stem the tide, it was our time. We were itching for a fight. Hundreds of pilots had been in system for like 8-9 hours waiting. What happens? NC high command gives the order to stand down and blueball. What..the...fuck. Why not just fight? We had nothing to lose. Its bullshit. Oh for a coked up/drunken Suas who would have lead us into battle without giving a shit what NC high command said.

Instead of FCs like Suas, Imperian etc, we now have rabble like AntichristUK, JuniorSVK and DBRB who dont have any balls or any skills.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
you're all speaking chinese lol :p from what i've managed to follow basically a big guild/alliance has been wiped out? that about right?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
you're all speaking chinese lol :p from what i've managed to follow basically a big guild/alliance has been wiped out? that about right?

It's a number of alliances that were in a coalition that were defeated.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Bets on NC remnants to strike back at them in their homelands. The NC did it to BoB, and it ultimately lead to BoB being destroyed.

Marc

FH is my second home
Bets on NC remnants to strike back at them in their homelands. The NC did it to BoB, and it ultimately lead to BoB being destroyed.

No chance. MM and RZR have reset everyone. However, what is interesting is that Raiden (the old BOB without Sir Molle) and White Noise have both been sweeping up the space left by the NC and in the process have reset the russians and pretty much everyone else. Maybe they fancy themselves forming a new NC?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Might happen, provided the russians leave them alone long enough, which i personally doubt they will.

I don't think they fancy a coalition up there that's potentially even stronger then NC were...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom