Evade...

Adari

Part of the furniture
I always thought evade was based on dex and qui, but i heard it is based entirely on qui, can anyone confirm?

liloe

It's my birthday today!
nah, dex and qui both affect it 50%, who said that only qui affected it? =)

Moesty

Fledgling Freddie
Parry = 100% Dexterity for bonuses
Evade = 50% Dex/Quick for bonuses
Haste = 100% Quickness for increasing your swing speed

poky

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
nah, dex and qui both affect it 50%, who said that only qui affected it? =)

some testing from 2 years back pointed in that direction..

Herjulf

Banned
poky said:
some testing from 2 years back pointed in that direction..

poky is correct. Remember that one. It was quite a uproar about in on vnboards.

The "official" statement though is 50% dex/qui.
however it was quite thorougly tested ill try to find the old thread about it whenever i can.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Herjulf said:
poky is correct. Remember that one. It was quite a uproar about in on vnboards.

The "official" statement though is 50% dex/qui.
however it was quite thorougly tested ill try to find the old thread about it whenever i can.

I remember that one being 100% dex, and not qui (or atleast qui affects it so little, it doesn't matter), everyone just assumes that it's 50% dex, 50% qui though, but it could be 90% dex, 10% qui etc.

Herjulf

Banned
That said, consider this. Your evade is halved vs dual wielders, 95% of your fights will be vs dual wielders most likely.

Evade is HARDCAPPED at 50%, Evade 7 gives you 35% base evade on your char. so you can at best get up to 15 more % in evade.
Lets do a HARD, rough calculation here.
Let us say it is true that it is 50% dex and 50% qui that affects the rest of your evade. that make the ballance 7,5% each at most vs a one hand wielder. 3.35% vs a duel wielder. so basically you put 75 points in dex as SB to get 3,35% vs other dual wielders(7,5% vs onehand) more evade. That is ROUGHLY what it could mean.

The "inofficial" formula for evade is:

(((QUI+DEX)-100)/40)+(Evade*3)

So let us say you are Norseman SB, put 10 at start in QUI, +75(uncapped +stat) and capped buffs = 325dex 251qui.

Would make max evade% = 46,9% as norseman, drop 50% of +item dex stat(325-37, 288) gives Norseman 45,9 = 1% difference in evade. vs a duelwielder thats 0,5% difference.

I think most Rogues nowdays save some of that dex for some important +skill or resist or +dmg/spd or something instead.

Oh, and i believe that that EVADE is halved vs dual wielders is a BUG, according to some TL dont remember who if it was SB or infil TL a while back, as that were the indications he/she got from mythic.

couldnt find the dex or qui for evade thread anyways, so hope some1 else find it.
Ofc should it be dex rahter then qui that affects evade then its not as good news for SB´s.

Donledirse

Fledgling Freddie
Doesn't dual wield halve blocking and LW halve parrying?

Don't remember dual wield halving evade.. so maybe it is a bug.

Would kind of make sense in that it's harder to dodge two weapons, but then it should be easier to doge a LW :touch:

Herjulf

Banned
yup shouldnt be that way, but testing have shown that so is the case. And Mythic has "admitted" to it being a bug i believe.

Imon

Fledgling Freddie
Stop making caps when you type hard herjulf.... you making me.... well....

anyways

I believe that mythic said that was a bug yes

Herjulf

Banned
You want me, in leather dont ya, Imon. :)

puppyhood300.jpg

that look awfully much zerker:ish almost dont it
smiley-viking-sm.gif

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Interesting subject this really and there are a few pointers that peeps forget, and one in particular. You increase your evade rate hugely when you use a certain weapon strike. It is a defensive strike that boosts your defensive rating. Don't last for long but sure as hell is worth using. You should take a look at the type of weapon strikes you have and look for the 'detaunt skill' strike' (think it is called that anyways). It can make a great deal of difference in a fight if used correctly.

Herjulf

Banned
Sword Style: Temper
Medium Defence bonus

Axe style: Hoarfrost
Low attack bonus, medium defence bonus.

Dont think it worth it, still hardcapped at 50%. And you get fairly close to that as it is. a few % here and there.

i know some people used taunt style just to get it in easier. But me thinks that few assasains wanna get caught dead using anything but critstyles as stealthers stand atm.

Standard spam styles is: Garrote + AH and hamstring + leaper+(rib separation), and some people have a liking for comeback + frosty gaze for SB´s. Dragonfang for Infils. dunno what the equivalent for NS is.
Simply to get the most damage possible out.
have you read the assasain bible?

Wyrds weapon damage calculations
Wyrd, Vilna ++ sb spec for dummies

Let that place keep being a haven for good information, just read and learn of whats written there.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
MKJ said:
Interesting subject this really and there are a few pointers that peeps forget, and one in particular. You increase your evade rate hugely when you use a certain weapon strike. It is a defensive strike that boosts your defensive rating. Don't last for long but sure as hell is worth using. You should take a look at the type of weapon strikes you have and look for the 'detaunt skill' strike' (think it is called that anyways). It can make a great deal of difference in a fight if used correctly.
Nice thinking, shame it was discredited about 2-3 yrs ago as well.

Defensive bonuses and penalties only affect the hit/miss calculations, not evade/parry/block checks.

Danita

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom