European WoW servers to be run by french company

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Hmm, the germans and french have no problems when playing first person shooter, such as UT, CS or Q3.

I'd assume it's pretty much the same age group who play MMO games?

I never said force the germans / french to play on English servers

Give them the choise of playing the most up-to-date version of DAOC - with TOA, or their own translated server and client (like they have it now), how many do you expect will stay on the language localised servers? Now be honest?

:p

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
SilverHood said:
Hmm, the germans and french have no problems when playing first person shooter, such as UT, CS or Q3.

I'd assume it's pretty much the same age group who play MMO games?

I never said force the germans / french to play on English servers

Give them the choise of playing the most up-to-date version of DAOC - with TOA, or their own translated server and client (like they have it now), how many do you expect will stay on the language localised servers? Now be honest?

:p

There is a big difference between FPS and MMORPG. There is no quest in MMORPG. And people don't need to speak in FPS, just to shoot :) Moreover when I play Enemy Territory, I very often see players speaking in dutch, german, italian, french, etc. rather than in english.

Anyways french or german speaking player who want patch on time, already play on US servers (maintly Morgan Le Fray for french speaking players). There are even forums for these kind of players on the french and german Freddyshouse. (BTW, that's why solutions of the ML quests have already been translated in french and german by these people)

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I was speaking on the high end FPS scene, where unless they're in a clan speaking only a certain language, the language is english - war arrangements, war tactics and war reports are made in english, unless they use a local ladder service

Playing on US servers means importing and playing in US time.....

I ask my question again...

:)

Give them the choise of playing the most up-to-date version of DAOC - with TOA, or their own translated server and client (like they have it now), how many do you expect will stay on the language localised servers?

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
SilverHood said:
I ask my question again...

:)

I've already answered your question : french and german people who want up-to-date patch are already playing on US servers.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
yeah, but that means playing on yankee servers

English users who want to play the latest version can play on the US servers, but time differences, and the cost of buying the game again means you don't always have the choice. GOA could patch the english servers to the US level if they implemented a seperate login and patchserver for the English speaking servers.

Now, I ask my question again :)p): how many of the french and germans would rather play on an up to date server, than what they're currently playing (with their main characters, not starting all over).

I don't know where the german or french forums are - if I knew, I'd go ask them myself :)p) But the answer would probably be "they would" if I asked.

;)

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
SilverHood said:
yeah, but that means playing on yankee servers

English users who want to play the latest version can play on the US servers, but time differences, and the cost of buying the game again means you don't always have the choice. GOA could patch the english servers to the US level if they implemented a seperate login and patchserver for the English speaking servers.

Now, I ask my question again :)p): how many of the french and germans would rather play on an up to date server, than what they're currently playing (with their main characters, not starting all over).

I don't know where the german or french forums are - if I knew, I'd go ask them myself :)p) But the answer would probably be "they would" if I asked.

;)

French forum : http://forums.jeuxonline.info/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=19
German forum (2 mains) :
www.daoc-forum.de
http://daoc.foren.4players.de

I read them daily and I rarely see complains about patch delay so ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom