Football European Cup Final

Corran

Part of the furniture
How do you know b is true every player give it the same i have loved xxx all my life it has always been my dream to play for this manager and play infront of these fans. Unless you are his agent you will not know if he turned down other offers worth more money to play for you. I'm not questioning his heart he gives his all but seems silly to think he signed just to play for Man U.

Just stating money is not the main reason he makes his decisions. Nothing to do with what he says about playing for United etc, but money isnt the biggest influence.

One of the main reasons he got into football and out to Europe was that if he didnt he would have ended up like most the people he grew up with, in prison. He is from a really rough area and used his abilities to get him away from there. It is this passion for football that inspires everything he does. He came to united, not for money but exactly for what happened on Wednesday. He is a winner, and he wants to win things. At united he had people he knew, people that spoke his language, and the chance to win at the highest level.

And Fergi got in there before anyone else really thought about taking the risk on the young lad. His/Carlos links in portugal give them an early heads up on most of the youngsters and the people at the team already help to tempt them across, especially knowing they will get chance in first team unlike if they went to some other squads through europe (just look at wrights-phillips)

Marc

FH is my second home
Liverpool was Ronaldo's dream club to play for. He said so a year before he signed for united. But luckily for united Phil Thompson thought he wasnt good enough to play for liverpool LOL. I mean come on, hes no jermaine pennant is he

soze

I am a FH squatter
Just stating money is not the main reason he makes his decisions. Nothing to do with what he says about playing for United etc, but money isnt the biggest influence.

One of the main reasons he got into football and out to Europe was that if he didnt he would have ended up like most the people he grew up with, in prison. He is from a really rough area and used his abilities to get him away from there. It is this passion for football that inspires everything he does. He came to united, not for money but exactly for what happened on Wednesday. He is a winner, and he wants to win things. At united he had people he knew, people that spoke his language, and the chance to win at the highest level.

And Fergi got in there before anyone else really thought about taking the risk on the young lad. His/Carlos links in portugal give them an early heads up on most of the youngsters and the people at the team already help to tempt them across, especially knowing they will get chance in first team unlike if they went to some other squads through europe (just look at wrights-phillips)

If its true he is a one off because im sorry but a player picks his club not just for the love of playing there but for Money. Flamini claims he loves arsenal AC throw a massive signing on bonus under his nose and hes gone. If he had offers from Inter Madrid and Barce the reason to pick Man U is money.

But if he did turn down bigger contract offers for you then nice find.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
have you heard about the new make of vodka?

its called John Terry, made it England.... bottled in Russia!

:):):):):):worthy::worthy::worthy::m00::sex:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
You want to put a few more emoticons on there ?

Corran

Part of the furniture
I can see Chelsea throwing alot of money at transfers this summer... im not talking about the 50-60million the big teams generally spend.... I can see them paying 200million odd out in transfer fees...

it already started with the right back (16-17mill), they will buy a quality striker (villa possibly 20-40mill), defender (talks of richards - 20-30mill), midfielders (robinho 30mill, possibly dos santos 15-20mill).

These are just some guesses, and using the rumour mill for some the possible players. But them alone at top estimates you are looking at 150million. Lot of money.
That said they will definately ship out a lot of dead weight and recoup some of the fees they pay. but be interesting to see exactly how much money will be thrown at the title.

Marc

FH is my second home
Chelsea going for Robinho feels like desperation to me. Grant stated that either Kaka or Messi would be at chelsea next season, but after both distanced themselves from moves to chelsea, it seems the chelsea board are just gonna go from big name to big name until they get one. Robinho has hardly set La Liga on fire in his time at Real Madrid, showing flashes of his undoubted ability sparodically. How would he compare in the rough and tumble of the premiership.. He is also known for liking a drink. How will he cope with the bright lights of london, especially with the Likes of JT and ashley cole around him, who are always up for a pint or 3.

Lucius

Banned
Marc you sound like a pundit =P

Anderson and Ronaldo seem to be good friends at United.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Can't see Robinho working at all, hope it doesnt happen.

Just seen this picture and its sparked bitterness in me :(

81189730.jpg

Corran

Part of the furniture
Can't see Robinho working at all, hope it doesnt happen.

Just seen this picture and its sparked bitterness in me :(

81189730.jpg

what bitter about?

Was outside the area so no penalty, ok was a little high but even if the ref called a foul he probably would not have sent him off as there were a few high footed challenges that didnt result in any cards. But was a strange challenge, and Cole still ended up clear inside the box, just he panicked and smashed the ball wide :p

Vladamir

FH is my second home
I can see Chelsea throwing alot of money at transfers this summer... im not talking about the 50-60million the big teams generally spend.... I can see them paying 200million odd out in transfer fees...

it already started with the right back (16-17mill), they will buy a quality striker (villa possibly 20-40mill), defender (talks of richards - 20-30mill), midfielders (robinho 30mill, possibly dos santos 15-20mill).

These are just some guesses, and using the rumour mill for some the possible players. But them alone at top estimates you are looking at 150million. Lot of money.
That said they will definately ship out a lot of dead weight and recoup some of the fees they pay. but be interesting to see exactly how much money will be thrown at the title.

Thats what i'm worried about quite badly.

We don't need massive names. We need to trim our squad down and get rid of the ego's.

Drogba signed his own transfer request on Wednesday night and i think it's time he left, he's acted like a child this year and doesn't deserve to play for us anymore.

The likes of Sidwell, Ben Haim, Pizzaro will all go for sure. I'd hazard a guess Belleti, SWP and Bridge will be offered a route out of the club as well.

In terms of players coming in; all we really need is an out and out winger that we've lacked since Duff and Robben left, and a striker to replace Drogba. Whether this is someone like Gomez who has the physical presence to hold play up, or someone with more pace like Villa, will change how our football is played next year. Dos Santos could be a good shout for our wings, although i'm unsure how he'd cope with the physical nature of the PL, same with Robinho. As Marc said the brazilians seem to enjoy a drink and this may prove troublesome - that said Alex has not put a foot out of line so maybe theres some hope.

This throwing money at any player that will come to Chelsea really worries me, it's not the way to build a lasting team. They should be signing players who want to play for the shirt, and in recent games the only players who've looked that way are the english contingent and Essien/Ballack.

Rumours going around that Mourinho has been engaged in some conversations with Roman too (including the possibility of coming back to Stamford Bridge) although supposedly he would wait for the next Chelsea manager to serve his term before returning; with Rijkaard being the favourite to replace Grant.

Corran

Part of the furniture
I match your fears, but more for the good of the european league.

If chelsea throw money at alot of big names, alot of very good players are going to be rotting away somewhere within the squad to compensate, weakening alot of the european competition.

Also, if chelsea go wholesale on their purchase of players then they could be title challengers (as they currently are) but it is entirely possible they wont knit well together and Chelsea will just be trying to claim champion league spot.

As much as i dislike chelsea, it could to have at least 3 teams that can put up a title fight. Adn with United, Chelsea and Arsenal you always going to have a good league battle.

Time will show though what happens, I do hope Chelsea dont become the new Madrid. what with the way they go about trying to purchase/unsettle players.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Chelsea won't be having wholesale changes - it's been stated by a number of senior members at the club. Our squad is around 28-30 at the moment, they're looking to trim it down to about 24 including 3 keepers.

A lot of the fringe players will go and be replaced (hopefully) by younger talent. We don't need massive changes, thats evident in the fact we were only 2 points and 1 penalty kick away from winning two trophies.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
conGrantulations to Chelski on coming second at everything except the FA cup this year. :D

Oh... Grant's gone!

Olgaline

FH is my second home
what bitter about?

Was outside the area so no penalty, ok was a little high but even if the ref called a foul he probably would not have sent him off as there were a few high footed challenges that didnt result in any cards. But was a strange challenge, and Cole still ended up clear inside the box, just he panicked and smashed the ball wide :p
never the less studs dont belong up there in a football game

Lethul

FH is my second home
I just wanna add:
What is it with New York Yankees? People wearing their caps and stuff everywhere and often don't even know that it is a team? Annoys the hell out of me :p

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I just wanna add:
What is it with New York Yankees? People wearing their caps and stuff everywhere and often don't even know that it is a team? Annoys the hell out of me :p

It's all about fashion, :s

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom