Politics Euro Elections, Freddyspoll.

May 22nd Euro Elections, How will you vote?

• Conservative

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Labour

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Green

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • BNP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Won't be voting

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Planning on a spoiled ballot

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

soze

I am a FH squatter
I will either A spoil it or B cba. I simply do not know about each party and their policies. Unless I have enough time to look up each party and see what they have to say I should not be voting for any of them.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Not votings fine...but dont EVER complain about the government again...even if they pass a law that requires you to donate your testicles to science

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Not votings fine...but dont EVER complain about the government again...even if they pass a law that requires you to donate your testicles to science
That's such bullshit tbfh. Basically there is a system in place, if you engage with it you are ignored, if you don't engage with it you are ignored. The real issue is the third option (change/remove the system) isn't going to happen. This is why I sometimes wonder if the world didn't make more sense when people overthrew the people in charge and killed them. Politics has no consequences for those involved so I totally sympathise with those who feel it is of no consequence whatsoever.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
That's such bullshit tbfh. Basically there is a system in place, if you engage with it you are ignored, if you don't engage with it you are ignored. The real issue is the third option (change/remove the system) isn't going to happen. This is why I sometimes wonder if the world didn't make more sense when people overthrew the people in charge and killed them. Politics has no consequences for those involved so I totally sympathise with those who feel it is of no consequence whatsoever.

Well, yes and no. I see your point, but I have a referendum vote in September that truly will change the system.

.. to be replaced by another, probably "almost the same" system.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well, yes and no. I see your point, but I have a referendum vote in September that truly will change the system.
.. to be replaced by another, probably "almost the same" system.
That's great mate, either way the only guarantee is that some fucker who will never truly represent your interests will end up with a salary. Either the one currently employed or the one who replaces them if the yes vote wins. I'd tell you all to vote yes in a heartbeat if it meant you could stick the fuckers in jail or worse if they didn't do what the majority wanted.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Aye. To paraphrase Frankie Boyle, voting 'yes' means replacing a bunch of cunts at Westminster with a bunch of cunts at Holyrood.

Job

We get the politicians we deserve.
If we respond to simplistic bullshit...then thats what they give us.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Do us all a favour and stop responding then? :p

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
just watched the election broadcasts, think I'll vote UKIP purely because of what I just saw;
Conservatives - Having a dig at other parties, but still a little bit Euro focused but referendum in 2017? Nah do it before.
Labour - Nothing on Europe just an attack on the tories and lib dems - mention student fees yet proposing to do nothing about it
Lib Dems - Sorry, haven't got time for them, lost all faith.
UKIP - Gives info about Europe with sources, although id like to see less emphasis on immigration, but gets more working votes, I guess.
BNP - some childish cartoon, bitching at other parties, why do they still exist?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

We don't get the politics we deserve.

They give us simplistic bullshit because we're hard-wired to respond to it, and we're not educated sufficiently to overcome this, because that would be inconvenient.

Job

Youve just disagreed with yourself

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I've said it before and i'll say it again; politicians should be paid minimum wage, then the people who want to get into politics really want to get in to change things.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I've said it before and i'll say it again; politicians should be paid minimum wage, then the people who want to get into politics really want to get in to change things.

That idea comes with massive problems since they would have to be rich to afford it or perhaps take bribes or not give it the full attention it would require....etc.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Think I've got a new plan, vote for whichever party does not buzz my front door buzzer today. Cunts have been doing it since 8:30AM. It's SUNDAY FFS COCK OFF :eek:

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
When they come round and ask if I'll be voting for them, I say yes, they say thanks and go away. Works like a charm tbh

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
That idea comes with massive problems since they would have to be rich to afford it or perhaps take bribes or not give it the full attention it would require....etc.

Why? You don't have to be rich to afford to be a policeman, or a nurse, yet they're public servant jobs -just- like politics.

Poag

m00?
If i set my ballot on fire in the voting booth...does that count as "spoiled" ?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Besides the point.

Not besides the point, at all. In the UK MPs don't actually get paid that much (a good deal less than I do); doesn't stop them all from being twats. In Ireland, TDs get paid a massive amount of money for the amount of work they do (fuck all) and it doesn't stop them all being twats either. Its not the money, its the massive ego that makes someone want to be a politician in the first place.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Not besides the point, at all. In the UK MPs don't actually get paid that much

"The basic annual salary for an MP from 1 April 2014 is £67,060. ", yeah, real nickle and dime business :cautious:

Especially compared to the 21k nurse pay.

It was besides the point because the point was about less pay making better politicians, not about how nurses don't get minimum wage.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Most of then could earn a hell of a lot more elsewhere.

Job

So its just the power theyre after?

Embattle

FH is my second home
"The basic annual salary for an MP from 1 April 2014 is £67,060. ", yeah, real nickle and dime business :cautious:

It was besides the point because the point was about less pay making better politicians, not about how nurses don't get minimum wage.

You almost come across as someone who works in the public sector with such comments, you said minimum wage and on a 40 hour contract that is over a third less than the starting salary of a nurse. There are many things I would like to change in politics but in no way do I think giving less money would some how give me a better politician.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

£67 grand is peanuts. I'm sorry but it is. In the UK a large proportion of MPs come from a law background, mostly QCs (barristers), and they could earn anywhere from 5 to 15 times an MPs salary for the best ones. The vast majority of MPs aren't motivated by what they earn as an MP.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
£67 grand is peanuts. I'm sorry but it is. In the UK a large proportion of MPs come from a law background, mostly QCs (barristers), and they could earn anywhere from 5 to 15 times an MPs salary for the best ones. The vast majority of MPs aren't motivated by what they earn as an MP.
No, they're motivated by the ability to earn shitloads of money using the information or contacts they make during being an MP, e.g. George Osbornes best man.

Chilly

Balls of steel
I'm not voting, because I forgot to register for a postal or proxy vote in time and I'm in Canada during the election. D'oh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom