EU CE Questions.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
What can the NA people download on the 15th August? Is that the Open Beta client or the Closed Beta for the CE people?

Of note...
Those two clients COULD be the same thing. 1 client base with patching as ever but I'm only guessing.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Mostly it's a platform migration. We're moving our web-platform to the new servers as well as all of our tools and other services. There are some behind the scenes tweaks and updates too but you won't see anything new on the customer side when everything restarts as far as I'm aware.

Well, I hope you update your FAQ now that there in fact is a release date other then "early 2008"......

Simmo

Fledgling Freddie
Thanx for the info IanC, heres to a smooth open beta so we can play on time!

Pandemic

Fledgling Freddie
Hopefully we will find out the exact start date of the headstart for the pre-order CE soon as I need to book 9 days of holiday off work for it but many company's can be a bit difficult if this isnt done within 4 weeks of the holiday starting :(

lerusius

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for answering us Iain. At least this shows you are getting ready for launch. Hope nothing big happens and sets you back on your schedule.

Meatwagon

Fledgling Freddie
So I'd like to ask a couple questions. I've read quite a bit on this subject but a lot of things still aren't clear. Iain, you say that you and Mythic both have a set date for OB to start, when is that? (This may well have been stated, I have been unable to find it, and WAR-EU is down)

Also, you say that it will go live at the same time as the US servers. They're intending on increasing their head-start for the CE Pre-Orders, so does this mean EU CE Pre-orders will recieve the same?

If these have already been answered then hopefully someone else can let me know, and I can get my eyes tested :)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
There will be announcements all over the place pretty soon about the open beta dates and the headstart program. Keep an eye on the website when it reopens as well as the community forums for news.

peo

Fledgling Freddie
There will be announcements all over the place pretty soon about the open beta dates and the headstart program. Keep an eye on the website when it reopens as well as the community forums for news.

Thanks for the information.

lerusius

Fledgling Freddie

Thanks for always informing us Iain. I hope it will be soon soon and not soon. I'm getting too excited to play this game that I can't play any other game for more then 10 minutes before getting bored. It is kinda annoying tbh.

knightyc

Fledgling Freddie
hope we can get in next week as im off work and its my birthday on tuesday 19th :p

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
No, the only difference is that NOW! the us is ready for 60k people while europe isn't. This means that goa hasn't prepared for launch at all. The datacentre should have been up for a long time and be ready for the completely known open beta which will start very soon.
The thing is that "on time" is nothing more that "soon", "when it's ready", "when ther eis a use for it" it is just a proof of inaction.

speculations at best tbh.
you assume too much and you know nothing.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Yes, a launch, preceded by a few weeks of open beta.
Not a launch preceded by a few days of headstart and a day of open beta.
That is of course enough to fulfill the letter of promises but hardly the intent of the words "equal or better service"

speculations and expectations at best. it says NOWHERE how long the open beta will be, it could be as short as 1 week tbh.

Sugah

Fledgling Freddie

Crosses fingers and hopes this means there'll be an announcement on the site when its back later today.

Stderr

Fledgling Freddie
The US CE beta phase has just been started, let's see what GOA has to offer ;)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH

i think you assume a lot, nowhere in that thread it says that the US CE beta has started and mythic`s site doesn`t either.

it just seems the closed beta servers are back up in the US and apparently some new people people got invited to the closed beta and some people are downloading clients and some wished they weren`t at work right now.

you could be right, but i can`t filter that out of that thread that the CE beta has started.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
i think you assume a lot, nowhere in that thread it says that the US CE beta has started and mythic`s site doesn`t either.

it just seems the closed beta servers are back up in the US and apparently some new people people got invited to the closed beta and some people are downloading clients and some wished they weren`t at work right now.

you could be right, but i can`t filter that out of that thread that the CE beta has started.

VN Boards - CE BEta people

Stderr

Fledgling Freddie

I'm in US beta and asked the new people that flooded in today - so I'm 99% sure, but you're right - the post does not say it specifically.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
servers in europe have been down since yesterday, apparently servers have been down in the US too, can you tell me for how long ?

the fact that the patcher is patching 551 mb on europe right now doesn`t nesc mean the servers are up again and running in europe. 15 % of the download to complete, i should be able to tell in about 2 mins max if servers are back up.

i`m very cautious with my statements and would rather not give people falls hopes with a wrong interpretation of things ...

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
euro servers are NOT up at 2005 CET.

i hope that saying this is not a breach of the NDA

pikeh

Resident Freddy
/stupid on

what does that mean exactly?

/edit well I know what it means of course, but is it just they are getting ready for CE beta?
/stupid off

pikeh

Resident Freddy
They are probably just getting ready to send me my beta key.

The servers cant handle that much awesome just yet. :drink:

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
but is it just they are getting ready for CE beta?

Doubt it. Remember the US got in to the closed beta (with no forums to discuss tech issues & a client which isn't open beta prepared - you know with all polish and the crashes fixed :p).

I wouldn't worry about it. All you'll do is spoil things before release like I have done. :p

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Doubt it. Remember the US got in to the closed beta (with no forums to discuss tech issues & a client which isn't open beta prepared - you know with all polish and the crashes fixed :p).

I wouldn't worry about it. All you'll do is spoil things before release like I have done. :p

I dont even know why I care lol, I'm not gonna get a beta invite because my card isnt supported, Its just nice to know what is going on! :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom