Help Ethernet powerline adapters - impact on ping?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Bit of a bump but after eading this thread I found some in local tech shop and set it up with PC now getting sexy 100% connection speed rather than crappy cariable speed from the wireless woohoooo

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Mine suddenly stopped working when I was in bed watching something at like 2 in the morning, such a bitch reconnecting them all again :(

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
in a way, yes, but it is not their natural state of being so to speak. you'll need to flash it with something like dd-wrt to allow that, because most consumer wifi things have very restricted function sets.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
in a way, yes, but it is not their natural state of being so to speak. you'll need to flash it with something like dd-wrt to allow that, because most consumer wifi things have very restricted function sets.

Sorry @TdC I tried it and it works fine, so I deleted the post, didn't realise you had replied. the phone and tab are already synced to it, it worked, getting good speed on it too

My airplay is very bad in the kitchen so using the old hub as an extender for that is fine, I work it from the ipad and as It doesn't leave the house I can dismiss the new hub so it doesn't keep trying to jump between the 2

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Can you use a router as a bridge?

I have a router coming for my house, but there's one already there..

soze

I am a FH squatter
If you mean as an Access Point then it normally depends on the Router and If you can turn DHCP on and if it passes traffic through still.

As a bridge I would not think so unless you can load a custom firmware with the option in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom