ETA on Roll Of Honour

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
SkarIronfist said:
So its been a while ... when is the roll of honour going to be working again ?

2007, just before WAR comes out....

:m00:

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
SkarIronfist said:
So its been a while ... when is the roll of honour going to be working again ?
When did it last work? oO... the "service" has been down more than up so thats pretty crap, and when its up its not just close to the info the US get, for the same fee. Id guess we get a working a week or 2 after 1.84, and then it stops working a month after we got 84.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
More concerned with the CM bug to be honest, it's pretty much crippling the economy at the moment since no-one can see what's really there...and people don't want to spend 2 hours riding round all the housing zones just in case something might be there...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
daoc wouldnt be daoc without at least one annoying persistant bug

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Svartmetall said:
More concerned with the CM bug to be honest, it's pretty much crippling the economy at the moment since no-one can see what's really there...and people don't want to spend 2 hours riding round all the housing zones just in case something might be there...
true, its pretty much grinded to a halt, got armour on my CM which has been there since the patch, its just not selling.

and yes, the prices are the cheapest i could find

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
The stuff haven't worked for a year now.

Can we all agree it's "Ok!" to label this gross incompetense on GoA's part now?

It really is a fair border. Before the first years anniversery you use the lines:

• "Oh, tough luck ... everyone is allowed to make a mistake."
  • "Don't flame GoA, they will get it to work"
  • "DoooOoooOoooOooom"
But, after a year you just call it incompetense.

That's when you stop talking about it. When you ignore it because it's too embarrising.

GoA and their XML is a bit like when seeing that cave shaman, smite cleric or mind mentalist standing at the bots yelling "LFG". You just look the other way in embarresment and think to yourself: "Oh my, how low can anyone sink, poor, poor bastard!".

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Considering the amount of time the service has been down since it went live a couple of years ago it really is a damning indictment of GOA's commitment to customer support. I get the impression that GOA just really don't care about the RoH very much, any decent XML coder who knows his way around databases would have had that system back on it's feet ages ago. I get the feeling that GOA are either short of people with the proper skills to run the RoH or there is a total lack of communication with the right people at Mythic about how to get things running reliably. Either way, it is piss poor. GOA now has more customers than Mythic has on the U.S. servers and yet we are still getting a lesser service, hell when I look at the version of RoH the old Italian publishers provided to thier customers it makes me weep when I see that GOA haven't even been able to keep thier watered down version running.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
Considering the amount of time the service has been down since it went live a couple of years ago it really is a damning indictment of GOA's commitment to customer support. I get the impression that GOA just really don't care about the RoH very much, any decent XML coder who knows his way around databases would have had that system back on it's feet ages ago. I get the feeling that GOA are either short of people with the proper skills to run the RoH or there is a total lack of communication with the right people at Mythic about how to get things running reliably. Either way, it is piss poor. GOA now has more customers than Mythic has on the U.S. servers and yet we are still getting a lesser service, hell when I look at the version of RoH the old Italian publishers provided to thier customers it makes me weep when I see that GOA haven't even been able to keep thier watered down version running.

it just goes to show that if they cant get there act sorted out for DAOC what kind of support will the community get in WAR....

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
it just goes to show that if they cant get there act sorted out for DAOC what kind of support will the community get in WAR....

The same as the US, whatever that turns out to be. All XML etc is going to be common, apparently.

Darzil

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
It's actually got even worse in last few days as now the keep situation isn't updating either :(

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:

You dont have to ride around checking. Go to the ME find the thing you want and then clik on buy. This takes u to an exact representation of that persons cm. U dont have to buy the item it just shows u if it really is there. Saves u time riding :)

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
Raven said:
daoc wouldnt be daoc without at least one annoying persistant bug

Those are called Hibbies, Raven. Not 'bugs'

Just kidding :D

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
The XML is currently being investigated at GOA HQ.

Any more info will be published by an E&E or whoever as and when an update is available...

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Takhasis said:

Any more info will be published by an E&E or whoever as and when an update is available...
So the whine made them start the "investigation" or did they use the last year working on it?

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Takhasis said:

Nice to see a good food soldier standing up for GoA. I just wish you had chosen the subject that weren't displaying their gross incompetense...

... a year and counting :(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Takhasis said:

ahh, we can all rest easy then :m00:

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Svartmetall said:

durnit... have to agree with mr svartmetall here..

The CMbug we have atm is a disaster, cant buy nereids, cant sell anything to fund my crafting, I couldnt even buy ablatives, 3 pages with ablas on ME and not a single one could be seen on the CMs. Fucking great.. been a month+ now too with a very serious bug :/

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Heta said:
have the roll of honour ever worked?
Yeah, before last summer it was reasonable stable. It used to be down 1-2 weeks after each patch, but usually GoA got it up and working afterwards.

The lsat year it's been down just about permanently though.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
It's sort of semi-working now - guild totals have updated and character totals are correct but it seems to have counted all rps since patch as 'last week'

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
well observed on the "lw = rp since patch thingy" have a cookie, and some rep :p

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Wazkyr said:
well observed on the "lw = rp since patch thingy" have a cookie, and some rep :p

Not really, on Gahn i still got 0 lwrp but total rp gets refreshed -.-

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Azathrim said:
_39444617_meldrew_main_203.jpg
I dont beleive it...
I present you your new avatar, you suit it well.

Now less whinge and more play!

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
Takhasis said:

priceless !

sounds like the charater database .. we are working as hard and as fast as we can ,.... 3 months later .. we are working as hard and as fast as we can .. 7 months later we are working as hard and as fast as we can

i dont care if WAR is gonna be run the same in euro as in the US i know where my cash is going...

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Takhasis said:
well, if you're gonna whine so much, then i hope u enjoy the US - cya!:twak:

:twak: dont berate people when they complain about poor levels of support from GOA / mythic...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Heta said:
have the roll of honour ever worked?
well. i'm not sure if it was broken this time. ive never had any problems with it. keeps seems to update as they should and havent seen any rvr active ppl be "stuck" with a certain ammount of RP's from what ive noticed on roll of honor..

but then again, i'm not intrested in measuring Epeens from that RoH to bother noticing that stuff...

and i cant really get why ppl want it up again if it IS broken, all ive seen it used for is to whine at whoever farms the most RP's and what not :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom