ETA on Roll Of Honour

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Gahn said:
Not really, on Gahn i still got 0 lwrp but total rp gets refreshed -.-

ah, that would probably be why i never noticed it... :)

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
Takhasis said:
well, if you're gonna whine so much, then i hope u enjoy the US - cya!:twak:

wtf are u on ? i pay for a game that IMHO goa dont support well and so i whine about em .. great member of the E&E team you are but flaming people who have real honest problems with the service we are geting

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
well, think its not been working so long hibs have been underpopulated, hmm maybe hibs + goa dont wanna us see real numbers? ;)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Wild said:
wtf are u on ? i pay for a game that IMHO goa dont support well and so i whine about em .. great member of the E&E team you are but flaming people who have real honest problems with the service we are geting
No ones forcing you to play, if its that bad why stay? And the XML is a bonus feature provided, not an essential, and comes way down the list of "things to fix", for ages after the game went live it didnt even exist, it doesnt affect game play and bleeting on here about it isnt going to get it fixed any sooner is it.

And yet another pop at E&E, heres another reminder that we too are just players, who volunteer to help the community, and we tend to see things from both sides of the coin, and that even we get pissed off with the problems from time to time and vent at GOA when we have all the facts.

If you have serious problems with GOA, rightnow is the thing you should be using to talk to GOA direct, try it as most people find the team very communicative when they take time to actually put their brains into gear before commiting gibberish to forums.

Aside the problems with the pryd DB, GOA have performed well, as most here testify. One mans issues wont bring down the population.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Whoodoo, I find it peculiar and strangely interesting how you try to "defend" GoA in this particular issue. Especially that you do it by trying to enter a flame fest by calling names, etc.

There are no excuses for GoA, hence the only thing you can think up is attempts at personal attacks.

GoA displays incredible incompetence by still having this issue for a year!

There is nothing more to it. They are incompetent when it comes down to this particular subject and that's the end of it. It is a shame though, because in other areas they do good.

So leave off your attacks - it just makes you look like a naive fool (and yes, you can see that as a personal attack if you wish, or you could head it's advice).

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
old.Whoodoo said:
No ones forcing you to play, if its that bad why stay? .
Maybe I like playing Mythic's game ?

old.Whoodoo said:
And the XML is a bonus feature provided, not an essential, and comes way down the list of "things to fix", for ages after the game went live it didnt even exist

I suppose its all a matter of perspective. I pay for a game monthly that is not just a game but a package. For me the package includes the actual game, ingame bug fixes, documentation about the game via web, updates, and support. Sorry to go a little off topic but due to the need for a buffbot run 2 accounts (ofc both dont have DR) and with all the expansions paid for and monthly fee I imagine goa have got quite a lot of my money over the last 4 years and I've been happy to pay because I love mythic's game.
At the same time, I require all the services they promised and said they will provide.
Yes bugs will happen and I'm quite happy to sit back and wait while they sort them,(cm bug being one at present they is very anoying) but 1 Year XML broken?? 8 months and counting DB issues and laughable feedback?? No I'm not happy.
The XML is something I used to use a lot. I'm sure a lot of other people do also and as for XML being "essential" yes I agree its not BUT it is somthing they said they would provide and it is broken and has been broken for a year.

Ref "for ages after the game went live it didnt even exist"
Maybe because there wasn't a RP or a RA system then ? To be honest its still irrelevant because the reason I pay monthly is for the "improvments" and new "features"

old.Whoodoo said:
it doesnt affect game play and bleeting on here about it isnt going to get it fixed any sooner is it.

So you suggest I rightnow a message "hey guys XML isnt working can you fix it please" and it will be done ? Why didnt someone tell me ! All this could have been solved last year !
Although I do agree it wont be fixed any sooner by posting on here, infact I'll be surprised if it is ever fixed properly and in my opinion thats a real shame.

old.Whoodoo said:
Aside the problems with the pryd DB, GOA have performed well, as most here testify.
Have you posted in the wrong topic or somthing ? Or did you just jump to defend a fellow E&E without reading other peoples posts ?

old.Whoodoo said:
One mans issues wont bring down the population.
So you think I'm alone on this issue ? Can you get anymore naive ?

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Very good post Wild.

And yes, posting on FH will help the issue.

GoA have had a year to fix it. Personally I think a month is overextending it, but a years utter failure to solve the issue is as mentioned, incompetent.

That means GoA don't care enough to get it fixed. So if they cannot be motivated by a desire to keep their promises or provide a reasonable service then we as costumers must find another motivation for them.

One could be to "vote with the money" and close our account. That doesn't personally solve the problem for me though as I like the game in general.

Another solution could be to raise enough bad publicity around the subject - one thing I belive GoA is clever enough to react to.

Meanwhile we have certain people defending GoA, not realising they are shooting themself in the foot. If anything the E&E should do as Takhasis and relentlessly press the issue on the E&E internal boards.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Azathrim said:
Very good post Wild.

And yes, posting on FH will help the issue.

GoA have had a year to fix it. Personally I think a month is overextending it, but a years utter failure to solve the issue is as mentioned, incompetent.

That means GoA don't care enough to get it fixed. So if they cannot be motivated by a desire to keep their promises or provide a reasonable service then we as costumers must find another motivation for them.

One could be to "vote with the money" and close our account. That doesn't personally solve the problem for me though as I like the game in general.

Another solution could be to raise enough bad publicity around the subject - one thing I belive GoA is clever enough to react to.

Meanwhile we have certain people defending GoA, not realising they are shooting themself in the foot. If anything the E&E should do as Takhasis and relentlessly press the issue on the E&E internal boards.

If it doesn't get sorted soon I might start a web petition and mail some news sites like VE3D and TheRegister, it is gross incompetance for a service to be down this long and to still have no ETA on a fix.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
If it doesn't get sorted soon I might start a web petition and mail some news sites like VE3D and TheRegister, it is gross incompetance for a service to be down this long and to still have no ETA on a fix.
I don't know VE3D or TheRegister very much, but I am sure that if this was mentioned in some gaming press review of Camelot, it would get someone at GoA's attention.

Someone with competense enough to deal with it.

The problem is though, that it is a minor part of the game. Hence it's less obvious to attract attention. Afterall, it's not a gamebreaker like constant downtime or even corruption of the character database (which they handled relatively well, considering the impact).

But, it shows a bad side to GoA. A side that hints to lack of qualification, lack of dedication or outright disrespect.

If they really cannot get it to work, a simple statement saying as much would go a long way. But, even that the GM's have not been able to push through the hiarachy at GoA.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Back from holidays ...

So, anything happened on this subject?

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:
I present you your new avatar, you suit it well.

Now less whinge and more play!

Thats funny coming from u :m00:

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Azathrim said:
If they really cannot get it to work, a simple statement saying as much would go a long way. But, even that the GM's have not been able to push through the hiarachy at GoA.
I would like to say that even I rave at GOA sometimes, and I do raise issues liek this constantly with them, but i get the same reply as you, I just dont see the point in banging on about it all day when I could be out there playing the game.

I do feel the same as you, where we get fed such little or more often no information at all, which is bad to say the least. However, these are not official forums, and shouldnt be treated as such, and as for starting campaigns against GOA, well thats pointless too, as most of the problems (like the CM bugs) are down to Mythics coding. The XML granted is down to GOA, and I think they should be doing more to fix it, but its not what I consider a priority.

You cant force GOA to make any statement on this or any issue, and if you go round shouting about it on other sites, will that improve things or just make you feel better for five minutes?

So ill ask this nicely, Requiel, can you please put the community out of its misery and give us some kind of explanation or time frame for a fix on the XML?

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
i remember reading an absolutely damning report on goa on the "gamesradar" website a while back....

i dont think they care :p

edit - i found the link but gamesradar have changed there site so i could only get the google cached version :p

here it is

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
I would like to say that even I rave at GOA sometimes, and I do raise issues liek this constantly with them, but i get the same reply as you, I just dont see the point in banging on about it all day when I could be out there playing the game.

I am happy we agree on this subject Whoodoo. Mind you though, a few posts here or there doesn't take all that long. I don't personally see it take much of my time. Nor would it take much of GoA's time if they cared. :)
However, by keeping it as a subject there is a chance GoA eventually wakes up and makes it a priority as well. By forgetting about it, you ensure GoA forgets about it as well.

old.Whoodoo said:
I do feel the same as you, where we get fed such little or more often no information at all, which is bad to say the least. However, these are not official forums, and shouldnt be treated as such, [...]
It is GoA that treats FreddysHouse as an official forum, not me.
They might not admit it, but it all their actions they act as if this is the official forum. They do this by putting out essential game and server status information on these forums, which you cannot find on their official site. In reality, you should check this particular forum before checking daoc.goa.com.

A wierd business practice, but I guess they have their reasons.

old.Whoodoo said:
So ill ask this nicely, Requiel, can you please put the community out of its misery and give us some kind of explanation or time frame for a fix on the XML?
I completely agree Whoodoo. Your request is very much what this particular thread is about. GoA haven't bothered replying in 3+ weeks, but let's hope they wake up. :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Azathrim said:
The stuff haven't worked for a year now.

Can we all agree it's "Ok!" to label this gross incompetense on GoA's part now?

It really is a fair border. Before the first years anniversery you use the lines:

• "Oh, tough luck ... everyone is allowed to make a mistake."
  • "Don't flame GoA, they will get it to work"
  • "DoooOoooOoooOooom"
But, after a year you just call it incompetense.

That's when you stop talking about it. When you ignore it because it's too embarrising.

GoA and their XML is a bit like when seeing that cave shaman, smite cleric or mind mentalist standing at the bots yelling "LFG". You just look the other way in embarresment and think to yourself: "Oh my, how low can anyone sink, poor, poor bastard!".
rofl rep!
Altho i think the best one i have ever seen in the 3 yrs of gaming was a warrior joined my grp,
-hi, what spec are you?
+hammer spec
-ah ok, assist x
<off we go to do battle>
<warrior starts throwing hammers>
-??? why arent you using your hammer
+i am 50 throwing weapon spec
-oh god....

Do wish i still had the screenshot :<

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
You would have thought that after all these years testing the XML would be part of the patch cycle.

Would you rather have a longer patch delay and working XML - or nice quick patches.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
One would think that a competent game provider were able to handle the XML and the installation of a new patch in a timely fashion.

Tears, we are not talking about a timely fashion here. We are talking about a years downtime.

Ofcourse, by that statement we are not talking about a professional company either.

PS: Pfft GoA, if you don't like being called unprofessional and incompetent, don't allow a service to stay down for a year.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Where are you getting a 'years downtime' from? Apart from the long period last year when it was completely down it's been up and working. It's working now and has been since this thread was made (albeit with a bug on LWRPs).
Mostly it's worked fine from a week or so after each patch.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
what is wrong with the roll of honor? works fine here...

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
The xml has been down for roughly 1.5-2 years in total since it was introduced in my estimation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom