Error!Server verification failed.

C

charl8tan

Anyone got any ideas what the message means exactly? Basically I was on a server, left it to find out what my mate was doing, rejoined about 2minutes later, and that pops up everytime in the console :(.
And yes, before someone gives the obvious smart answer, I realise it means verification with the server has failed. But if you have any idea why then ta.

M

Moving Target

Format your hard-drive, then reinstall everything; It's the only fix!

E

Embattle

It's one of the problems with 1.5:

"Error! Server verification failed" Problem
==============================
This error is caused by the client's inability to communicate with the Secure Master servers to validate the security module being used on secure servers. It can be caused by a few different problems. Here are some things to try:

1) Clients need to communicate with the Secure Master servers (port 27012). First, make sure there isn't a firewall problem.

2) Make sure you do NOT have a file called "woncomm.lst" in your \cstrike folder. If you do, delete it. This file should ONLY reside in your \valve folder.

3) Open the "woncomm.lst" file in your \valve folder (using notepad) and make sure there is an entry that looks like this at the bottom of the file:

Secure
{
half-life.speakeasy-nyc.hlauth.net:27012
half-life.speakeasy-sea.hlauth.net:27012
half-life.speakeasy-chi.hlauth.net:27012
}

4) If your "woncomm.lst" file DOES have the "Secure" entry and you still can't connect to the Secure Master servers, it might be a DNS problem. Try changing your "Secure" entry to look like this:

Secure
{
216.254.95.155:27012
64.81.178.5:27012
64.81.159.155:27012
}

S

S-Gray

see... Embs a helpful lil chappy wappy, awwww

E

Embattle

I would stroke your head but people might talk ;)

:fluffle:

C

charl8tan

Heh, just before I checked back here to see if anyone had any ideas I got a mail from a certain chap asking if I was getting that problem and telling me how to sort it. Thanks anyway people :).

O

old.Smiff

i've just started getting this error, could someone please tell me what I should do.

I have already tried this:

"Error! Server verification failed" Problem
==============================
This error is caused by the client's inability to communicate with the Secure Master servers to validate the security module being used on secure servers. It can be caused by a few different problems. Here are some things to try:

1) Clients need to communicate with the Secure Master servers (port 27012). First, make sure there isn't a firewall problem.

2) Make sure you do NOT have a file called "woncomm.lst" in your \cstrike folder. If you do, delete it. This file should ONLY reside in your \valve folder.

3) Open the "woncomm.lst" file in your \valve folder (using notepad) and make sure there is an entry that looks like this at the bottom of the file:

Secure
{
half-life.speakeasy-nyc.hlauth.net:27012
half-life.speakeasy-sea.hlauth.net:27012
half-life.speakeasy-chi.hlauth.net:27012
}

4) If your "woncomm.lst" file DOES have the "Secure" entry and you still can't connect to the Secure Master servers, it might be a DNS problem. Try changing your "Secure" entry to look like this:

Secure
{
216.254.95.155:27012
64.81.178.5:27012
64.81.159.155:27012
}

but that didn't help, I don't even seem to be able to ping those servers, but I see other people are still playing... anyone got any ideas? :/

O

old.Smiff

gues what.. it only bloody goes and works now :rolleyes: :rolleyes: guess was a prob at their end...

S

S-Gray

Its the way of the Gun my son, you end up typing a shit load over this problem youve been having, post the question and fix it next time you try it :/

C

charl8tan

Yea, last night virtually every cs server was empty, not just bw. I'd imagine that the secure servers that we were all tryin to connect to had gone down.

S

S-Gray

i have to really get ASE sorted out, its a lot better than GameSpy, and its easier to add/removed servers etc... which is useful for when Barrysworld are empty/full so i can trek around other Servers

Users who are viewing this thread