Net_send error

W

Wilier

Almost pointless posting this in here these days, since hardly any of you are 56k anymore, but hey, its worth a go.

Im on 56k, and recently Ive been getting this problem within minutes of joining a server. I lag, get the error, get booted from the server.

Ive done a google and everything I find suggests either a conflict with a network card or a QoS packager problem.

I removed my network card, and no difference.

I uninstalled QoS, and when I joined the other night, whilst I dont get the error anymore, Im getting lag spikes as high as everest.

Anyone have any ideas? Im really goosed with this, if I cant fix it, I cant play (

Y

~YuckFou~

My brother has exactly the same problem.
I also did a search found some "fixes" but they didn't work. Most places seem to point to it being a memory issue. If anyone has the answer I'd also appreciate it.

U

Ulysses777

Are you guys using 'software' (aka internal PCI) modems?

If so, go and get a proper modem (one that connects to a serial port). :)

W

Wilier

Ulysses777, no Im not, I have a Diamond Supra Express 56epro.

Yuck, I appear to have solved the problem.

I uninstalled QoS packager from my dial-up connection (In XP Pro this is) uninstalled my network card (although Im going to refit it and see if it makes any difference) and added +clientport 27055 to my command line. Seems to have done the trick. *shrugs*

Check this site for help, although some of the links listed dont work :/

Y

~YuckFou~

My bro doesn't have a network card. I'm really not sure on his modem, it is internal, but that does not necessarily mean it's software, it's a Mesh PC.
Added to that he knows nothing about PC's, I mean nothing, and lives in a different town to me. I just had another "tech support" call off him this morning. This time he got booted in to the bios due to a processor speed issue? Fixed now I think.

I've read the link you posted, useful to me, but trying to explain that stuff over the phone to a technophobe? Oh dear.....

S

]SK[

My mate is having the same problem in TFC. Ill pass this thread onto him. Tnx Wilier.

R

roads

Yep had this prob for a while and the only true solution to it was to add

+clientport 27055

to my command line. By that i mean uninstalling QoS stopped the error message coming up, but caused new problems. I got 'connection problems' in the top right hand corner of the screen regularly, which led to 'connection to server timed out'.

One thing which may be obvious, if u use gamespy or an equivalent, make sure u add it to the command line from that program. ie for gamespy, its 'games and filters' then under ur game ('half life' or whatever).

Back to interupt-free gaming.......oh wait im back to uni now :(

Users who are viewing this thread