Enterprise

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Anyone here a fan of this series? As a lifelong star trek fan (no I'm not a trekkie), I quite like it. I've just been watching the 3rd season, they've made quite a few changes, including the theme tune (a bit countryfied now), uniforms, hairstyles, direction, and overall mood.

The effects are becoming truly magnificent, the border between television and film is narrowing all the time.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I always watch it, in fact I've been waiting for them to come out on DVD.

PR.

Fledgling Freddie
I used to watch it, didn't think it was as good as previous Star Trek series, and on the 3rd season when we had the pointless stripping of T'Pol for Tucker I switched it off and haven't watched it since.

I've heard that season 3 will only be 24 eps instead of 26, there were talks of moving its time slot in the US which lead to speculation that it would be axed

ManDevil

One of Freddy's beloved
I heard that too and that the 4th series would probably be the last.

imo star treks been steadily getting worse over the years, although there have been a few good eps in enterprise they're very few and far between.

Stargate SG1 has got to be my fave sci-fi show atm, quite liked farscape and firefly too - pity sci-fi channel US are such twats though (canceling them both) :(

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Arg, I've seen all the Star Treks and I have to say Enterprise is my least favourite. I agree with ManDevil, Stargate is my favourite at the moment too.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well its mid-season in the US, so I would imagine it will be on Sky in a few months, and then C4 maybe at the end of 2004? Not that I watched it on television :/

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
...a lifelong star trek fan (no I'm not a trekkie)
Um, what exactly is the difference? To be a trekkie, does one have to dress up as Spock and learn Klingon?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Basically, yes. I just enjoy the shows, trekkies actually buy all the shit and contribute to forums and stuff, and go to gay conferences.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Tom said:
Basically, yes. I just enjoy the shows, trekkies actually buy all the shit and contribute to forums and stuff, and go to gay conferences.

You always buy the shit I post, you "contribute" to the forums and I reckon that pic of you and Elton John at Mardi-Gras is tantamount to a "gay conference" imho.

therefore tom= teh trekk0r!

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
I've seen a few episodes but never really got into it, if I knew T'Pal would be doing some lap dancing I would certainly tune in though.

Exoshear

Fledgling Freddie
ManDevil said:

Stargate SG1 has got to be my fave sci-fi show atm, quite liked farscape and firefly too -

Aye, Stargate SG1 and Farscape where pure class I think. When's Farscape coming back anyway?

Can't wait for the new series of Enterprise on Sky1 either! :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I haven't had time to watch them all, but I have enjoyed the one's I have seen. Very different from the Trek we have grown used to over the past 15 years or so, and thats a good thing. When I can afford it and when they are released I will buy the box sets and sit down and watch it all.

Exo, I really don't understand people's fascination with Farscape, it was awful! SG-1 on the other hand is sci-fi at the top level, much like babylon 5 after the first series.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
I have been watching ST since the first episode of Next Generation.
Enterprise is not the best they have produced but I like it anyway and will continue to watch it.

They sure take every opportunity to show T'Pol in her underwear but admit it, you all like it .
The target audience is 98% male anyway... Picture for the fans

ManDevil

One of Freddy's beloved
Exoshear said:
Aye, Stargate SG1 and Farscape where pure class I think. When's Farscape coming back anyway?

Last I heard was that they where going to make a four part mini-series to finish Farscape off properly. No news on when though.

And Firefly into a film, maybe
:confused:

Lam

Fledgling Freddie
I watched the first 2 seasons of the series and it had some interesting moments.

It was especially nice to see the humans exploring all the new kinds of technology that the older series too for granted.

But I kinda lost interest in the show during the second season so stopped watching.

natrat

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
Anyone here a fan of this series? As a lifelong star trek fan (no I'm not a trekkie), I quite like it. I've just been watching the 3rd season, they've made quite a few changes, including the theme tune (a bit countryfied now), uniforms, hairstyles, direction, and overall mood.

The effects are becoming truly magnificent, the border between television and film is narrowing all the time.

nat's nutshell review

IT's BLOODY AWFUL

it's the worst of the star trek franchise, featuring a bunch of blundering morons stumbling about the universe with a stupid dog. Enterprise is like a mental home in space. In anything bordering any kind of futuristic reality they would have been nuked on sight by any sentient race and their ship nicked, just for being so god damn stupid. They bumble about like a bunch of cave men.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
natrat said:
nat's nutshell review

it's the worst of the star trek franchise, featuring a bunch of blundering morons stumbling about the universe with a stupid dog. Enterprise is like a mental home in space. In anything bordering any kind of futuristic reality they would have been nuked on sight by any sentient race and their ship nicked, just for being so god damn stupid. They bumble about like a bunch of cave men.

I think they intended it to be that way...mainly due to the lack of technology they have which hinders their exploring somewhat...

Hot Soup

Fledgling Freddie
It may be worth sticking with ... granted the first two series only have about 4 good episodes between them and about half of the others seems to be Captain Archer gets captured.

Again.

Or T'pol greases herself up with "decontamination Gel"

Again.

But the third series has picked up quite nicely .. especially starting with the vulcans going mad episode ;(

Trebz

One of Freddy's beloved
Tis a good filler program, won't go out of the way to watch it but I've managed to keep up with the episodes. Season 1 and 2 were just poor to be honest, the only reason I watched them was the hope they would have more interesting episodes regarding the expansion of humans into space and the increasing knowledge/upgrades of the crew and ships. It's just the same old crappy story of the week style tho with some bloody stupid morale every week.

Season 3 seems to have picked up tho, I'll give it a go, more t'pol lubing up scenes tho!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I just remember the first 2 seasons of TNG, and DS9, they weren't all that hot. In fact, the first season of TNG was pretty dire. The thing about Star Trek is that they all seem to pick up in quality around the 3rd-4th season. I'm really hoping it doesn't get cancelled, we have the whole Klingon war thing to come, and maybe some more scraps with the Romulans. Also, I'll be utterly amazed if they don't start doing some tie-ins with the original star trek series, maybe we'll see a young ensign playing Kirk's father or such.

Oh and T'pol gets more kit off in the 3rd season :D

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
Oh and T'pol gets more kit off in the 3rd season :D

I may have to catch this series then.

Out of all the trek series my personal favourite was the last seasons or so of DS9 when they where having that war with the blokes that took steroids or whatever it was - yes I'm very clued up on it :)

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
But...but....but....What about those superb gel rubbing scenes?

Quige

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
The thing about Star Trek is that they all seem to pick up in quality around the 3rd-4th season. I'm really hoping it doesn't get cancelled, we have the whole Klingon war thing to come, and maybe some more scraps with the Romulans. Also, I'll be utterly amazed if they don't start doing some tie-ins with the original star trek series, maybe we'll see a young ensign playing Kirk's father or such.

Exactly ... you've got to give them to the 3rd Season at least. I'm quite enjoying it ... it's certainly more enjoyable already than Voyager was at the same point.

All the future/time war stuff looks like it could tie in with a future Federation that we're going to see ... I've heard rumours that the next Trek series might show the other end of the war, or tie in somehow. Still only a rumour.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
I'm in the same boat as most of the people here. The first 2 seasons weren't all that great. Season 3 is coming along in leaps and bounds though. Something resembling a story arc is emerging and it'd be a shame for them to cancel it before the arc can be completed.

Oh and I don't like T'Pal. Her eyes are strange and her boobs are too big :p

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
Well its mid-season in the US, so I would imagine it will be on Sky in a few months, and then C4 maybe at the end of 2004? Not that I watched it on television :/

Tom said:
Translation:

I need a good game to play, one that I can download from a file sharing network. Does anybody have any recommendations? I don't mind if theres no CD key, just so long as the cut scenes haven't been ripped.

Irony ++

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Even more Ironic seeing as some people don't understand my sense of humour. Nowhere ever on these boards have I said that filesharing or piracy is a bad thing.

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
I do like Enterprise even if the the first two seasons were a bit slow.

I like the rather infectual bumbling! I really do feel they are trying to work this stuff out as they go along, exploring new places, trying to make a name for Earth (No pansy Federation here, hurrah!) and certainly not afraid to interfere in another planets affairs or blow the shit out of something.

Not my fave Trek, but not as crap as Voyager mostly was (i.e. all episodes of Voyager not about the borg or based on a duel part story line around the Doctor and 7of9: also known as the good episodes :p)

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
All I can add is that I can't believe this has reached its third season in a world where Firefly was cancelled after 12 episodes.

I still cry myself to sleep every night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom