Enough is Enough!

Durgi

Fledgling Freddie
Ok having read these boards for the last couple of days, listening to the mud slinging from all sides. Rvr Guilds suck, bad attitudes, PVE/Casual Guilds are 'Noobs' etc etc.. I think its time it stopped. Midgard is dying for a numerous reason, but from a guy whose been a part of it for a long long time, I'd have too say the spirit of midgard is dying not its population. A number of people have made very good comments, Kaitlyn about the best the community spirit is gone and the fps style game play is taking over. If people from any section of Midgard society, rvr, casual, pve etc care one bit about their Realm, then they will stop and think one whats going too be said in this thread.

With that said, time to get down too business.

I know I'm possibly about the most disliked person in the realm, and in the end of the day, that was partially my own making. Yes I have in the past been a tad harsh at times, mainly driven through frustration. And for anyone whose gone too the effort too organise large scale events will know. The 'down time' effort that goes into making these events happen is extreme so for the Organisors too see it fail is frustrating. But in my humble opinion to do what some of us have done you have too be a little egotistical to take all the crap, that comes with the job. It's not easy in any way, too control 200+ people, to ensure people are doing what they need too be doing for said Relic Raid, Dragon Raid, Relic Defense etc to succeed. Tesla commented 'All the failed Relic Raids are probably having the reverse effect on Realm morale' and from where I've sat, purposely not involving myself in Relic Raiding for better part of a year now. She's right. It is hurting Midgard and widening the gap between the 'leet' rvr guilds and the casuals. This is part fo the problem with our beloved realm, and it need fixing Midgard needs too feel whole again, it needs too stand tall once more and know within itself it still is the superior realm.

How is this achieved, with the likes of Roo leaving us. A loss even though Roo and I have fought over many things over the years, one thing we both agreed on and never denied each other was our love for Midgard. Both of us gave all we had too our realm, and for someone like him to leave it is a loss, I for one consider grievous too us. Midgard needs come together and do what it once did, fight as one.. grudges and preconceptions of people need too be put aside. The rvr guilds, need come half way and the casual guilds need to come and meet them. I still remember the days of old, when regardless how we squabbled. Blej and Azal at it hammer and tongs, myself trying to calm em down.. ego's everywhere and theres still many of them.. regardless of what we fealt of each other.. when the good of the realm needed us we put it all aside. Azal and I fought over many things, my desire too try and get everyone involved (I was much like Roo was back then), Azal's perspective.. even though at times we wouldn't say hi too each other in passing.. When we lost Relics, or they needed too be defended when Midgard needed us, our personal conflicts were ignored, many a relic defence or relic raid brought old fueds too an end. In some cases it started new ones. But that spirit is what Midgard needs too recover, the rvr guilds can be as elite as they like if they still come too the realms call, the casuals can still pve do whatever they do, as long as the come too Midgards call. That from my perspective is what midgard has lost, it has lost its sense of self. The realm needs all of us even old stubborn kobbers like me too put it al aisde, and discover our Realm Spirit once again.

With Trails of Atlantis, and patch 1.65 onwards coming soon, it will be tough for Midgard, and with a Realm Spirit I fear the worse for my beloved realm. I have played Trails of Atlantis for some time on US servers and many feel it is time too go, the gulf between albion and Midgard will be too large, and the fight isn't worth fighting. Yes Albion has a large population advantage and classes that on an individual basis are superior too its midgard counter parts. But what Albion will never have is what we once had and what we need to find again, and thats Pride in being a Midgardian! Do that and as a realm I can assure you we will overcome the hardships too come, and as a realm prosper. Albion spies in Midgard though a talking point have always been an issue, and theres little we can do but report those we find, but they should not be a scapegoat for failures, Mirc, again should not be made a scapegoat, I must admit at the end of my tenure as Relic Raid leader, many and mean way too many raids were blabbed, ruined by spies etc.. and I found out through friends, the source of that was partially in Midgard itself. Thats why i quit attending, organising Relic Raids regulary. Now a year later, I feel the time has come and I as a Midgardian have seen enough and matured a little, I play for different reasons too every. As does everyone. I play to be with friends and to enjoy some fun times. People like Cerbie, Arnora, and Luoise who have been great personal friends over the years. Bloody, Blood, Diensdal, Azal, Blej, Hardbein, Spika, Zapsi, Roo, Gro etc... Stalwart defenders of Midgard of old. Hoden, a valiant and tireless work horse of the Midgard Frontier, Belorfyn, Bimbobane, Jimmae, Zapsi.. the new breed of organisor still with the energy too carry the fight too the enemy. My Guild and friends within it. All these people is why I am here, not realm points, not relics, not equipment. It's the people, and in the end of the day if everyone is honest enough with themselves its why we're all here.

When I left the large scale rvr arena (though anyone whose been part of a relic defense or lage realm keep defense will probably testify too I never left ;) ) Roo picked up the baton so to speak and did an exceptional job, Now Roo has gone. And after a long look at myself, and at the realm, I feel it's time I repaid the favour. From my perspective, Midgard needs someone, a figure it can rally too, I'm prepared too try and shoulder that burden again, this time with a little more success and a little more control. However, one man does not make a realm. All the successful raids I once lead were not achieved by me, but by those around me. All I did as Roo will agree too is get everyone together. If thats all I need do to help Midgrad survive then, who am I to say no. I will be talking to gm's from all sides of 'The Midgard Divide' many of whom I have the greatest Respect for, and hopefully we as a realm. Can put an end too the rot.

Yours Truely.

Durgi Sylvarion.

Jimmae

One of Freddy's beloved
Nice post, Durgi.

and thanks for the mention. :)

cenestra

Fledgling Freddie
Good post Durgi :)

I just hope that people understand and accept the points that you make :)

Most people wont know me, i tend to keep a low profile in the game and usually keep my views to myself (unless i think something is worth talking about). I have been playing this game since about 1 month (roughly) after Euro release, I have always played Mid and probabally always will. I have seen many changes occur in Midgard.

Please remember that the following comments are just my opinion, im not trying to flame or blame anybody for anything

People are right when they say that the 'Spirit of Midgard' has changed, and i dont really think that it has changed for the better. IMO that is the biggest problem we have at the moment. Obviously as the game grows/ gets older old people leave , new people start playing and the whole spirit of any realm is bound to change. But why has the 'spirit of midgard' changed so drastically, and ( imo ) so much for the worse? Where are the days gone when we used act as one whole united realm? I think thats what we need to find again .. unity . Many people point to certain 'well known' individuals and say that they started the decline of the spirit of the realm. People have tried to blame Blej, Azal, Durgi (in the past) and currently try to balme guilds such as BO/Everlast/Maelstrom and others (no offence to those guilds btw .. not singling you guys out just cant think of others off the top of my head and im slightly drunk atm :p ).

Gonna use Blej/Durgi as examples here .. not singling you guys out just your probabally 2 of the most well known people from Mid. People should remember that although they might not for what ever reason of Liked Blej/Durgi etc .. those guys were among the ones who were always there trying to arrange realm defence when needed, relic raids when needed etc etc. I cant remember the ammount of times that blej has pm'ed me in the past saying words to the effect of ' I'm organizing a raid in emain, we're just gonna go bash the hibbie keeps. wWant to come?' soemtimes i would receive pm's like that off blej during the early evening, other times i would receive them off him during the early hours of the morning. Not everyone liked the fact of Blej pm'ing them that way, however you cant fault his wish for midgard to succed and his willingness to try and arrange things.

Durgi is / was the same ... ok he might not pm people and do things the same way Blej did however i know for a FACT that Durgi has spent hours and hours ( along with other people) planning, organizing and then executing Relic Raids, Keep takes etc etc. Durgi has done that in the past and he is williung to do so again simply because he loves Midgard. He was willing then and is willing now to devote part of his time in game and OUT of game planning things and trying to be a leader for Midgard. I know some people might not like Durgi, as Durgi has said in his own post " I know I'm possibly about the most disliked person in the realm " and yes sometimes when things didnt go well he would get frustrated, and maybe even 'God Forbid' lose his temper because, something he and others had spent hours planning and organizing had been ruined by one or two people who couldn't/wouldn't listen to orders. I saw this happen many, many times not just on raids that durgi or blej etc organized but i have seen it on raids that Roo ( wub you Roo gonna miss you buddy :( /cry) has organized. OK Roo tends to just laugh things off when someone makes mistakes/doesnt listen etc, Durgi hasn't/doesn't tend to laugh it off. He gets annoyed .... put yourself in his place.. if you had spent hours of time both in game AND out of game organizing something then im sure you would be a bit peeved if it was ruined by one or two people who couldn't/wouldn't follow orders. Some people are unsure of Durgi simply because of his reputation .. you should get to know him .. Durgi is a nice person. He's one of the most helpful and informative ( dunno if thats the right word ) p[eople i have meet within this game. Get to know the person .. you might just be surprised and realise that Durgi doesn't really deserve the bad reputation SOME people claim he has. Sure Durgi can be a 'Git' sometimes , and yes he has made me and others have to bite our tongue once or twice.. but then again im sure that Drugi has felt the same way about me and others. Ask yourself if you would be able to do even half as well as him in that situation.

I guess what im trying to say is try to think about the guys who are willing to organize things like relic raids etc , wether person is Durgi / Roo / Zapsi Just examples :p) or ANYONE else. They put alot of time and effort into planning things and get very little thanks for it, they dont particularly want thanks for it , they just want everyone to enjoy the raid and for it to be succseful ofc . These guys dont have to arrange things they do it because they WANT to. Before you point the finger at anyone or label anyone as 'The most disliked person in the realm' .. as someone once said ..try walking a mile in thier shoes. Ask yourselves would you be willing to put yourself up the front and spend time organizing things .. and be willing to accept all the flak that comes with it?? I know i wouldn't.

I think the 'spirit' we are missing would return if people would try to be a little more accepting things, and act as a realm not as individuals . Im not trying to tell anyone how to play the game ( before you flame me) i know that some people / guilds prefer PvE .. some people/ guilds prefer RvR .. some people enjoy both aspects of the game. We should try and accept that fact. BO/Everlast/Maelstrom etc etc come in for some heavy criticism (sp?) sometimes because they are so RvR orientated. Yes these guys usually tend to RvR exclusively in Guild Grp's.. so what ? That is how they want to play the game .. let them, they have thier setups.. they know how each grp member will react in situations etc etc .. thats what makes them so succesful. Accept the fact that they might NOT always stop to rez you if you are dead somewhere in emain. They dont HAVE to rez you, remember that .

I would also suggest to some of the more RvR orientated guilds that they could maybe try and be a bit more approachable to the casual player. I don't mean in regards to yuor grps etc.. i just mean in general. I know of a couple of people from RvR orientated guilds who have been rather rude to lowbies / people not in their guild when they have been approached by them for what ever reason ( i have seen this a happen ). Remember you guys there is a good chance that your guild is well known on the server .. maybe that is why these people come to you?

I know that in the past people have become frustrated when albs/hibs have been taking all our keeps/attacking our relic keeps and they do /who emain and see lots of names in emain still some solo/random grps some obviously Guild grps. So they pm them and say 'albs/hibs attacking relics or keeps .. please come and help defend' etc .. and they either get no reply or they get told 'No we wont come defend' . Remember thats thier choice. Some people just aren't at all interested in relics/keeps .. they play the game just for the grp vs grp rvr side of it. They dont want to interupt their fun to defend keeps/relics etc. Fine thats thier choice, thats how they enjoy playing the game so leave them to it.

So basically let's just try and all work together and make OUR realm a fun place again .. it can only benefit us all in the long run. Running out of things to say .. and more importantly running out of beer now /cry so i'll stop there.

P.S

Sorry to anyone that i didnt mention that i should of done .. eg i know that Durgi / Roo / Zapsi etc arent the only ones who organise things .. just to lazy to type everyones names :D

EDIT: Spelling mistakes

Fayle

Fledgling Freddie
Good post Durgi.
Leadership and the ability to unite Midgard will be badly needed in the comming months.

There has been to much flaming lately and the fact that a massive rr campaign ended with the loss of a relic didn't boost the spirit also i'm afraid.

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
I will and think I can speak for Pwned alliance come and help any time we called on when it comes to important realm things.

Allways said we play for midgaard but we might do it bit diff then some guilds.

Give us time where and what to do , we be there if needed no questions asked.

Just dont ask us to do things that are irrational to us, like come camp amg with 5fg or defend a keep ,when our team setup cant do anything there that is fun.

Sometimes what happends that leads to rvr guilds leaving a CG is people in our eyes use the CG like it was a chat room on Yahoo. So it goes both ways ofc we come help but when we intteracts there should be mutal respect.

So damm tired of joining a CG and listen to what people did last night or say halo to all friends every time a new joins, surelly this is not what a CG for the realm is for, U need a pox no need to tell 100 mids 4 times or u wanna sell TG hammer go here for that.

let the people that did the cg for some reason give orders and rest for important msg, other things can be handle with pm gu or g.

Cerbie

One of Freddy's beloved
Nice post darling (Durgi :D ). You will have my full support :wub:

Minn

Fledgling Freddie
Zapsi said:
So damm tired of joining a CG and listen to what people did last night or say halo to all friends every time a new joins, surelly this is not what a CG for the realm is for, U need a pox no need to tell 100 mids 4 times or u wanna sell TG hammer go here for that.

let the people that did the cg for some reason give orders and rest for important msg, other things can be handle with pm gu or g.

What Zapsi just said :p

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Durgi, even though ive not always seen eye to eye with u .. i respect ur one of the very few people who can unite the realm and also run decent Relic Raids with both rvr and pve guilds. It takes a strong hand to do this .. some people are bound to dislike u for that, but you get the job done. Sooner you fix somthing the better

You have my 100% support.

btw never really read posts here my eyes are burning atm ^^

Kaitlyn

One of Freddy's beloved
<Applauds> Well done Durgi, I noticed, as did Mason, that Nemesis were suffering from the LoE syndrome (those that came from Albion will understand...and from what I hear theres more of you lot here than there now), I really hope you manage to bring together this realm once more.

Blain

Fledgling Freddie
You got a liquor licence for that Realm Spirit? :)

Bring the love Durgi, you have my full support

Ucallme

Banned
I dont know you very well Durgi, but you have me as your follower when needed :D

Ucallme

Astraad

Fledgling Freddie
You can rely on me and my guild m8's. Just say when and where.

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
I´ve been away from the game for about half a year and at my comeback i see alot of sad things. Midgard is not what it was before and perhaps never will be. In my opinion we got all the tools to get it right but if we cant listen to eachother it wont matter.

I agree that its time we shook our selfs up a bit and really started trying to work as a realm again. First off in my mind is to start careing about our own backyard.. If we dont have our own keeps, relic raiders will be less spotted and have a easier time fighting our guards while we mass our forces..

Perhaps i shouldnt really open my mouth cause since comeback ive thought of making chars in this order Hunter, SB and after that possibly warrior. Needless to say none of the first to will be what the realm is in need of. How many arent lvling a stealther class these days and have put there "group" chars on hold for a while. Its a result of stealth zerg and opted RvR groups out there yes. But that result is tearing us down totally.. Now go go midgard

Dont let pride over who said what and did that split us appart. Make pride the reason why we stick to gather all though some of us smell ;)

Me and old Blej for example had our fair bit of different opinions in Malmo but still when it well came to the point i was taking orders like his nice little bitch when the realm was in need of it.. So can i be someones bitch on a nice raid again??

Platina

Fledgling Freddie
Agree whit u Durgi, If u need any help. just send me a tell.:)

Remem

Fledgling Freddie
If you need someone to clear TG entrance u know who to call, since we need to arm ourselves in defence of realm and Realmm8s :cheers:

Baduska

Fledgling Freddie
Durgi like old times i'll always be willing to raid with you, and coordinate things if needed. you can count on my guild unless it's something completly silly, a bit like zapsi described it, but i know you wont demand unreasonable things, so cheers and good luck

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
:cheers: Hear Hear durgi

Couldn't have said it better, and I think that this is in all the players minds..... I myself play for 'only' 8 months but I certainly felt the (bad) change in midgard players attitude (spirit) and willing to turn the change back... you got my support!!!

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Nice post :) good going Durgi, its not just in mid, but all over, the game has lost most of its spirit :/

mikey

Fledgling Freddie
Amen.. doesnt matter who you are or why you play, we ALL want relics and respect from other realms, we've become the pryd punchbag, time to sort it. I know our guild will 100% support any efforts you make bud.
Cast your minds back to a time when we had all the relics, what a buzz there was all around mid, that warm feeling of pwnership over the hibs/albs!
We havent lost them because of nerfing of chars, simply lack of community and willingness to give a rats ass about norties in our frontier. Less crying more fighting!!

Also, zaps makes solid point, we all play a different game but if you're on a rr, gotta keep it professional to make any headway. The fun can be had when celebrating eh :D

Rustan

Fledgling Freddie
I know that in the past people have become frustrated when albs/hibs have been taking all our keeps/attacking our relic keeps and they do /who emain and see lots of names in emain still some solo/random grps some obviously Guild grps. So they pm them and say 'albs/hibs attacking relics or keeps .. please come and help defend' etc .. and they either get no reply or they get told 'No we wont come defend' .

Then they are not part of the realm imo, it is everyones responsibility to take the time to defend, bash doors, repair doors etc.
None of us thinks its fun to hit a door for 20 mins and after spend a lot of Gold to upgrade and repair it. I will not respect them until they make an effort.

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Quote:
I know that in the past people have become frustrated when albs/hibs have been taking all our keeps/attacking our relic keeps and they do /who emain and see lots of names in emain still some solo/random grps some obviously Guild grps. So they pm them and say 'albs/hibs attacking relics or keeps .. please come and help defend' etc .. and they either get no reply or they get told 'No we wont come defend' .

Same goes for people that are more busy in TG or some event but hi must have golden dye !

Ferengi

Fledgling Freddie
This is exactly the attitude that breaks midgard over imo. U just cant xpect peeps who have spent 5 hours setting up raid and starting it to drop everything, to come help at relic raid. Not all of us have big guilds thus not all of us get many chances to get the nice drops etc. Dont tell me midgard cant deal with rr forces in primetime without 3fg-4fg doing raid in tg.
However with that said, I would expect people already doing rvr to come aid.

Oops forgot to quote. reply to post 2 above

Svartur

Fledgling Freddie
Good points and post.

Actually I think we can benefit of some time without any relics. We can calm down a bit and get our shit together again.
There is no pressure on us anymore, it's all on the albs and hibs.
They know that it's only a matter of time before we get our hands on some relics again.

But when we do get relics back there better not be many rp-whores in emain when a relic keep is under attack.
There better not be 100 mids in DF not giving a shit.
Hell even expers in malmo should think twice before pulling again. I did suicide lots of times during my time there, wouldnt require it from others though.

But if people continue to not care, midgard will fade away.

We also need to contact other alliances faster. 3 of the 5 latest relic raids on us Norrsken didnt hear about it until enemies was already on sanctum door.
The other 2 raids I wasnt online but hope it was different.

Perhaps it was good executed raids and no mids knew until to late.
It has been on both scales as far as know. But we must spread the word faster.

Norrsken has grown strong again and is more than 50+ people online primetime, even if only 40 answers the calls that is a great help. But if we never learn of the raids we cannot help either.

Inter-alliance communications need to work better if we are going to be able to hold on to relics.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Like Ingafgrinn I haven't played long, since summer last year, but I certainly too felt the change in mood in Midgard.
Love your post Durgi and Cenestra, you can certainly count on me whenever it's needed for the good of the realm. I don't think I know you that well (Durgi teh rr9'ish SB?) so can't say I knew you had or have a bad reputation. But judging from your post, you can't be that bad imho :)

/Salute all you Midgardians!! TO ARMS :flame:

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
Crappy post !!!!!!! Makes me sad :(
Bah, Durgi when you put such realistic [from my pov] perspective on the way things are in midgard i wanna QQ :(

PS: though i would like to add to Durgis post, the fact that Albion has 3 strength relics doesnt mean its all "good and jolly" in Albland.
PPS: dont quit .. as i, personally, dont believe its the answer.

Fayle

Fledgling Freddie
Just some random toughts.

Relic raiding and Relic defense are ofcourse a different thingy.

If there's need for relic defense i would expect ALL in midgard to come out and help defend. Whoever says then ''i can't come, farming in emain or tg hunting'' is indeed not part of the realm.

At a relicraid hower it's unrealistic to expect people to all show up, here it's a matter of motivating people and getting the right leaders who they trust to pull it off.

Mids tried all kind of tactics to capture the relics and imo only a FAST , unexpected frontal assault without losing time on keeps will work.
We can't field the numbers to take the relics once Albs get their defence organised.

The new patch will favour this by not allowing defenders to log in once the fighting started. (Might be worth a try to send a few groups ahead of the zerg to start pulling guards and preventing defenders logging in.)

Combined with a gank group that could hamper reinforcements by patrolling near border keep ( with enough sb's or hunters to give info ofc) , and thus
preventing from small groups of defenders reaching the rk early, it might be worth a shot.

Or do an alarm clock raid ofc ;)

Anyway you got my full support Durgi, say when and where.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom