Enough is Enough!

Groborthir

Fledgling Freddie
I think I speak for Animus when I say that we, as a part of the Pwned Alliance, also ensure our support for the realm whenever needed!

Nice post, Durgi.

bane

Fledgling Freddie
aye very nice post durgi and nice timing as this could be the first step to bring the mids back to life, i like cen have always been kinda anon on forums ect. but i too miss the "good old times" when mids used to rule the world eventho there at the time wasnt a big challenge back then.
in the past few months i too have been on some of the RR and most say that it surely have take abit of my spirit aswell but the truely mid cant be broken so lets just take this as a bigger challenge in the game and take back what belong to us :)

so u can surely count me in whenever im needed to defend/expand the mid my sword is urs to use :flame:

Classified

Fledgling Freddie
Its a well time post with blej and roo leaving. I'm glad to see you write humbly whilst still maintaing an ego which made me giggle. Don't get me wrong leaders DO need ego's. As someone who has lived and breathed in this realm since beta I would like to see this initiative succeed. A few observations in regards to why I believe the spirit has died some. Its not all our fault yet we need to recognise it and amend it. Firstly:

Ask yourself what is spirit?
Ask yourself how its created
?

In short my opinion is that spirit was built from, teams of people needing each other to level quest etc We all started at zero we all asked favours of others that we then owed. We worked together for a shared goal. When you succeed in your shared goal your spirit gains "Think of the totem pole in B&W :)"

Now look at the game mechanics and the spirit it has bred.

Buffbots /level 20 These are contributory diseases. people needed others less for grouping. People farmed on their own people forgot this is a MMORPG and used less of the human resources around them. these indeed became Dark Ages. Again I'm not going to flame, try change anything as its what we have to work with as Game and commercial mechanics will never change. "Noone likes nuclear weapons but we've all got them"

Many casual gamers left, the hard core came closer together and made indestructible small teams that had every buff could beat 2fg and didnt need anyone else. Random groups died and more casual rvrers left. Hard Core gamers have a mentality which means they are always looking for the best and changing realms is no big deal to them. Changing chars changing stats nothing is too big so they will go to where they have the best advantage. Albion is seen as the best realm now this makes them the realm of choice for new people or people who took a break. Again I am in no way flaming this attitude its competitive and its human nature. Midgard just need a counter strategy.

Midgard started with a lot of kind, clever and intelligent people who put a lot of time into the realm. Maybe this thread may wake up their desire to start something new. Maybe its you! Remember when people said we were the nicest most helpful realm. We need to hear those words again.These people are still around.

Ask yourself What needs to be done?

Durgi is a battle commander and this thread is a great rally which I applaud. I don't think it goes the whole way. We have some other great talents in this
realm and they are quieter. They need to stand up and be heard too.

Do you live for PvE and Roleplay. Do you live for the social aspect?

Why is this important? Well to me you want to attract peole to the realm. How many times do you see "Its impossible for new people starting, I can't get a group" Hunts need to be organised like the old days. the realm is a big place and yet the only place people hunt is df. Whilst we need to rally in RvR this is the end game and only applies to those who have lived here for a long time. We need someone to bring new people together and give them a realm they want to grow in. SI gave us that opportunity but we didnt take it. ToA gives us that opportunity again.

Durgi when talking to the GM's please discuss the realms needs as a whole and build something for the future. Your thread on the ToA quests does show you have put some thought to this.

Wai

Fledgling Freddie
totally agree with durgi and offer my support 100%

the spirit of midgard has indeed been at deaths door recently, and with upcoming changes to our realm times will be hard too, nice to see someone step forward and try to take the reigns from where others have left off

/salute

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
Amen Durgi, I still have alot of friends in my old realm, I miss them lots, most of all my late night chats about real life with that drunkered Cenestra :(.

I'll admit, I didn't think much of Durgi when I played mid, seemed like a bighead, but basically I was looking from the wrong angle, and as it came to the end of my time in Midgard I realised the Roo, Durgi and Azal, imo, were 3 very good organisers and leader, and the big headed factor was the stress of getting so many people to listen, and a person who can organise events and raids on the scale these guys have does deserve respect, and peopel should listen to them and follow instructions, you won't go wrong, its the way it once was in Midgard, every more or less roleplayed without knowing, I personally was a little sb, didnt know many people, but I used to join the cg and give scouting reports, this made me feel like part of the realm, I was doing my bit in defending, or leading to the death of a group of enemies, had alot of advice from azal about playing my blade and speccing it, for which im forever greatful. Anyway, as the years grew, Azal left, Durgi seemed to disapear and I'm not sure if Roo took a break :p, but during this time, and huge streak of elitist rvr guilds too place, with pre-reqs to join, Realm Abilitys seemed to kill off all pitty for a solo grey con Luri. What was more noticeable was this new breed of rvr guild, and all of a sudden your RP made you better than everyone else, very good guilds broke up because some members didnt want to rvr asmuch as others or weren't as good at rvr as others, and in general made split alliances more guilds etc etc. Anyway, listening to Durgi and listening prperly, if you actualy care for your realm you will help to rebuild it, I'm now an alb, but I played in mid for along time, and a part of me still loves the realm, but its too late for me.

blejs

Loyal Freddie
Fixes that is needed :)

*Important info*
Worth the reading!! :)

Nice posts in this thread.

And nice for being mention and appreaciated :)

This is the biggest issues from my point of view.

First of all alliances?
There is no main one around.

I can compare to hib/exc.
Celtic Fist one is easiest the best one i have been in.

They had nice alliance leader, also 1 that checked up on active and unactive guild. Not like a alliance many got on mid/pryd atm like 1 guild and then guild leaders join that guild.

Dicatorship is often the key to success imo ;)

Also some guilds holds gruges against other guilds like Dogma against BO for example (was told they didnt want BO atleast in pwned alliance), sure some guilds dont like one an other, but ppl should reliase to put stuff like that away for better realm communcation.

A good guild that would be nice as leader is first of a guild that wouldnt switch server, and if they do they nice a membership of players.

On hib/exc its 1 major alliance with most guild that do both rvr and pve, and also a second alliance Clan Bearhawk that is abit more focused on pve but also do rvr. Both alliance are 21/20guilds in.

So this is what is major fix mid/pryd need atleast but wont ever happend if ppl dont take initativ to fix, and that some guilds cant put away bad feelings against some other guild. Just cause they cant "stand em" doesnt mean they cant be in same alliance imo, not like someone is asking you to hold or kiss or make to love to those ppl.

So now its 7 alliances that need INFO if some big force will attack the realm.
This makes ppl lose alot of time, since some alliance most prob wont get that info.

The second part is this.

SUICIDE if you risk losing relics, drop what u doing. Relics aint easy to get.
Also can compare to hib/exc.
Was 1 info in the cg 1 time that alot of albs was heading to from amg-scatt or something similar.

You know what happend? People suicided instatly.
This aint going on mid/pryd atm.
And that is also 1 thing that would be majorly needed a fix.
And also u might say that 2fg that doing a Guild pve raid wont matter.
But it will do in diffrent aspects. One thing is this, creates lagg. this is good if you are defending. Attackers its alot worse for.
Crashes ;) When big amount of ppl in a zone it might lead to a crash.
Might be lame, but this is how the game is atm.
That it might crash if to many ppl in same zone.

Thats my two cents atleast and those fixes is majorly needed.

Classified

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with blej on the alliances. The easisest thing to do is look at your alliance. Look at the alliance you work closest with then work on merging. If we say are numbers are dropping Alliance leaders must be aware that their alliance is less effective. Oh what fun I had listening to AS in the mightiest time when we were all in the same alliance. OK it may never be that way again but 2 main alliances would with 80% of the population in would be good.

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
This is a good initiative from you Durgi. I truly hope you will succeed with this. The server needs realms that compete on equal basis to survive in the long run. Good luck :)

A few poster above stated that it is your duty to drop everything when relics needs to be defended. I have one concern with that position. This game can be played with completely different goals. Rvr is actually just one aspect of the game and stating that those that have an afflicition for pve is not part of the realm is not a step towards bringing back a "we" feeling to the realm. As a matter of fact they might actually provide just as much benefit to the realm as a pure rvr player, like crafing or finding those rare objects rvr players enjoy in the heat of the battle. Of course they dont make an appearance in the frontiers then and the benefit to the realm is more intangible to the realm. The players in Midgård isnt shaped in the same form and isnt motivated by the same things when playing the game. Assuming every player play for the same reasons as yourself is the first step towards failure in remaking Midgård. It will only create more misunderstanding and harsh feelings.

>Oh what fun I had listening to AS in the mightiest time when we were all in the same alliance

Ye, I mostly remember the arrogance that was displayed towards non-level 50s by the first batch of lvl 50s that emerged in the realm on /as and the general bitching between big egos, made me wonder what kind of people was playing the game at that stage and created a fairly huge list of "not interesting people list". It was the good old days ;)

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
I know im only an Alb scum.

A few month back we had the same problem whatever we did we got farmed, many people left game and people seemed to act rude and that and Albion was in the gutter, after having tried that i dont wish that on anybody, so hope you get on top again, the Realm will never be the same but remember even the smallets Kobbie can be a great leader, there are always new people playing and many of these have ambitions :)

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Fayle said:
Mids tried all kind of tactics to capture the relics and imo only a FAST , unexpected frontal assault without losing time on keeps will work.
We can't field the numbers to take the relics once Albs get their defence organised.

The new patch will favour this by not allowing defenders to log in once the fighting started. (Might be worth a try to send a few groups ahead of the zerg to start pulling guards and preventing defenders logging in.)

Unfortunately, this tactic will no longer work in Frontiers. Mythic has already shown that to even get near the relic keep you need take sufficient keeps in order to open the milegates and get into theo 'safe-zone'.

Personally, I think this sucks. It gives the overpopulated reals too much of an advantage, whoever that may be. Just food for thought.

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
blejs said:
You know what happend? People suicided instatly.
This aint going on mid/pryd atm.
And that is also 1 thing that would be majorly needed a fix.
And also u might say that 2fg that doing a Guild pve raid wont matter.
But it will do in diffrent aspects. One thing is this, creates lagg. this is good if you are defending. Attackers its alot worse for.
Crashes ;) When big amount of ppl in a zone it might lead to a crash.
Might be lame, but this is how the game is atm.
That it might crash if to many ppl in same zone.

As i havent played mid i cant ever know what its like there but, from reading some of the things much like what you Blejs have said it isnt just a a Midgard problem, but one the whole game is facing. Yes atm you might all say Alb have the upper hand etc currently, but i remember not that long ago when we were facing the very same situation. Infact its still like that at times and as time goes on this will gradually degrade the 3 realms, probley contributing factors are like some ppl have stated A) Buffbots B) /Level Command C) Stale gameplay D) Old Skool players leaving E) Bad balancing issues from Mythic.

I hope sincerly that you as a realm improve and get back what you once had, because at the end of the day if your realm dies or Alb or Hib dies it will be the Death of the game as we all know it. Sometimes seems that all we have left of this game is a Rotten Core of a once grand time with many happy memorys and now it feels like just a few old skool and too much dead wood.

kain

Fledgling Freddie
One thing I think could help is like was mentioned before... Merging of alliances, not sure if it can be done but it would help alot. Depends if people could let past hatedred die and think of the bigger picture.

Plus I think the suicide thing is needed, I've been guilty of not doing so in the past cos of so many false alarms, but it still needs to be done by enough people to stop the attacking force.

Arnora

Fledgling Freddie
You go durgi..
Havent been online for almos a year, but back in business now and I offer my support 100%
You can be a pain, but I lub you :fluffle:

Classified

Fledgling Freddie
Iceflower said:
>Oh what fun I had listening to AS in the mightiest time when we were all in the same alliance

Ye, I mostly remember the arrogance that was displayed towards non-level 50s by the first batch of lvl 50s that emerged in the realm on /as and the general bitching between big egos, made me wonder what kind of people was playing the game at that stage and created a fairly huge list of "not interesting people list". It was the good old days ;)

Thats exactly what I found funny. It was like Barrysworld live at times! great read.

bashir

Fledgling Freddie
We certainly need better communication between alliances. Either by a merge or by other means.

One of the things that could be suggested, is the use of a pure Pryd Mid forum, where no alb/hib scum comes to take a look. So basicly, Mid access only. It happened too much that you either could not post your tactics while it would be usefull, or you did put your plans on the BW/FH forum and albs / hibs read about it and adapt. examples here are Dragon Raids and TG raids, enemies know when they are organised, there will be alot less players able to defend. The advantage of surprise is gone, while its one of the best weapons.

Other possible thing is making it more known whom to contact in case of emergency. I used to PM most alliances / guilds that I could come up with, but tbh there are so many to contact and so many I don't know (didnt even know there was a Pwned guild, lol) I barely manage to contact more then the old guard alliances/guilds, like Fedaykin , BaF, Onslaught etc...
And even then, I mostly get the response "soz I don't have /as speak rights" or "noone that can talk is online". If you give more people /as rights, but force a strict policy on your /as (no spam, no "hello", you know what i mean), the fire might spread faster and we would be able to get a force there faster.
Also, a list with "people you can contact always to spread the word" would be very handy, so you wont waste time contacting people who don't give a damn.

Next to a forum, also a private, passworded Mid . Pryd channel would be usefull, no alb/hib allowed; on Quakenet irc. I know some people oppose the use of irc, but its to solve a problem of multi alliance communication Mythic has (so far) no answer for, except one big Alliance, wich would end up in spam and bitching. There are for sure some people that should be in it. Post the password in the forum and change it whenever you think there is a security leak (aka an alb or hib is in it). We won't have the problem of crossrealm irc blabbing, and it would be just another layer of chat added, multi alliance without the need to merge.

Just a few toughts

Fayle

Fledgling Freddie
If i remember correctly, Roo had a list with people to contact to rally the realm.
Wonder if there's still such a thing, and if so if that list could be spread to all GM's to facilitate inter-alliance cooperation.

Jareth Spellfire

Fledgling Freddie
There is such a thing. I do believe i must have it somewhere on my computer. Roo will have it too ofcourse but i'll start looking.

Thank you all for these words of patriotism, i think we'll be able to pull midgard back to where it once was. /grouphug

Durgi, Valour will be there when you need us mate.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Some rambling thoughts.

First off: good to see this thread. Agree with most of the points on it, and I think Fayle pretty much has it all summed up pretty accurately. So long as its not just rhetoric and the people involved see it through in the spirit of teamwork, things will get sorted out. However, this isn't enough - it has to be filtered down from GMs and officers to other members of guilds and alliances.

Comms between alliances is about knowing what guilds are in what alliance, then when the shit hits the fan, finding the highest level char in that guild online and spamming the warning. You can't designate a comms officer because you can't guarantee who will be online at any given time. Its down to common sense to spread the word as fast as possible and don't worry about multiple people spamming... if it gets the message across, word goes out and you get a response... job done.

Merging the alliances is extremely problematic: each of the alliances on Mid has settled into a kind of 'flavour', which suits the guilds that are part of them. Not always perfectly, but reasonably well. You have to delve into Midgard's murky past for the reason it is like this but basically it pretty much used to be that the larger guilds got into alliance and the small-fry were left out in the cold and there was a lot of bullying that went on and then jealousy as the larger guilds were able to do all the stuff they wanted and smaller guilds got nothing and included in nothing. I'm speaking from experience here. The current alliance system pretty much ensures that like-minded guilds get to pool resources. If you are going to tear this down, be very careful you don't just end up alienating a lot of players. So long as there is this guild limit in an alliance, a merging is extremely difficult. (I gave up chasing getting the count increased because I never got any response from Mythic whatsoever despite spamming them about the problem).

Improving coms is about making the effort to get in touch when something happens. I'm guilty of getting things wrong at times as is everyone else. I think people should remember not to take the hump because they haven't been informed of things - sometimes mistakes just get made. Its not always a conspiracy :D

I have an email list that I used when organising stuff, and includes not only GMs and officers of various guilds and alliances, but the odd 2-man guild here and there as well that is unallied. Its basically just a big list. I'll happily pass this on to help out. Actually, anyone who has been on the receiving end of my mindless spam will have this list if they check any previous mail :)

Further, you need to start using an inter-alliance forum. For a very long time many of us have used the New Era inter-alliance forum - its stable, its reliable and its always there. However there has been very little traffic on there of late though that may simply have been a symptom of the general apathy that has existed for some time now. It would be worth people reminding themselves where it is and getting onboard there. If not doing that, then at least agree another forum to use and, well, actually use it :)

Regarding <cough> management styles, occasionally Mids did get a rocket from me. It is screamingly frustrating when people won't do what they're supposed to when they're playing as part of a larger team and then just give you hassle for it. One of the most complex raids we ever executed a few months back failed because people were lazy when it came to siege equipment and it had gone absolutely by the numbers until that point.

Make absolutely sure you drum into people one simple fact: if you want to do your own thing, don't join a realm level raid. Once you join something organised like that, you do your bit and you follow orders or you stay away. People that don't understand this crushingly simple fact spoil raids for everyone else. Its the responsibility of GMs and officers to ensure their people know what to do on various types of raids and to keep them in line.

One problem that has to be overcome is everyone thinking that someone else will do all the work, all they have to do is turn up. This has been the most crippling attitude on raids for several months now - I have had a lot of grumbling Feds on various raids because its always the same guilds that turn up with equipment and the same guilds that rarely bother. You'll go a long way to sorting some of the gripes if you can get guilds to share the load for both things like this and repairing keep doors. I suspect this is also a lot of the reason for apathy with claiming keeps on the frontier: its always the same guilds that make the effort to spend the time gathering up, running out there and doing it and its easy to see why they get fed up all the time.

Regarding dropping what you're doing for the realm when called - I've never thought you should drop a planned hunt or something for a raid, but when it comes to relic defence you drop everything except your underwear and haul ass to the frontier. As Blej said, its a damn sight easier to defend them than to have to go get them relics again.

I've probably got more babble, but that will do for now :)

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
information is hard to spread and have seen alott good guilds do own stuff in mids when we other has move to RR, and only because they didnt know anything this raid.

last year, allmost excat this same time we was sitting close same situation (hope i am correct here :) ) we had 0 relic very very long time but when summer get closer and closer we slowly start manage better, and take relics.

at this point many is probably tired relicraids in albion and small rest is in place.
this same time give us more time preplan new raid and albs start feel safe when we dont visit there every day/week.

work whit alts, get familiar whit guilds new peeps, traine rvr, speak whit alliances if some wanna merge whit another etc etc.

hmm suggest we get 1-3 person who start work allready for future relic raids, if they need opinions about different tactics, or maybe somekind brainstorm for new kind ideas, ask trusted persons in midgard.

get list about alliances/contacpersons.

Blain

Fledgling Freddie
bashir said:
We certainly need better communication between alliances. Either by a merge or by other means.

One of the things that could be suggested, is the use of a pure Pryd Mid forum, where no alb/hib scum comes to take a look.

<cough>Midgard - Alliance Forums</cough>

Something I started work on a few months back, but never did anything with.

Will add a friendlier URL tonight.

Landar

Fledgling Freddie
Blain said:
<cough>Midgard - Alliance Forums</cough>

Something I started work on a few months back, but never did anything with.

Will add a friendlier URL tonight.

Ye Gods... the pop-ups!

seriously though, we've been using the new era cross alliance forums since... well... more or less since new era formed.

hmmm, where did I put that url...

http://new-era.mine.nu/index.php

generally its open to officers and guild leaders of any guild within midgard.

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Landar said:
Ye Gods... the pop-ups!

seriously though, we've been using the new era cross alliance forums since... well... more or less since new era formed.

hmmm, where did I put that url...

http://new-era.mine.nu/index.php

generally its open to officers and guild leaders of any guild within midgard.

Dunno and dont think Alb ever had 1 webby or forum that all alliances can/could use, but thinking about it there is more potential for security leaks of RR info/Hunts due to the greater numbers involved. Espcially nowdays with various lamers X realming, which might be one thing to consider when trying to set up auths for every offficer + Gm of all guilds . Sounds a good idea, but i think it was tried in Alb long ago and didnt work because there's always friction between guilds, leaders, attitudes, ego and the good of the realm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom