English Warhammer Servers

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
Well it is a difference with 4 people and 300+ people :)

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Well said Reza, people tend to forget the shear amount of utter shambles that was the Prydwen crash and how it was "handled". I couldn't get over it that for someone who had one Char only that was completely empty of all items/cash was expected to keep his account open for an undisclosed amount of months, just to get them back and have a small apology. Was this compensation for the money/time he waisted waiting on what was in effect the companys own fault? Was it ****.

I think this has been covered ad-nauseum in the past. It was a minor disaster for all concerned but it was so long ago that it's probably best to try and forget it and move-on.

Personal opinion, but i think everyone deserves another chance. To allow that, you have to try and forgive the sins of the past.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
If I ever played WAR I'd be going with Mythic and not GOA, one very simply reason. I wouldn't want to end up in the same situation as my characters are on Excal/prydwen now.

Frankly I can see it happening again down the line and in all honesty I just can't be bothered taking the chance that 1 year down the line GOA run WAR falls flat on it's face and we end up with half a dozen people running about an empty server.

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
If I ever played WAR I'd be going with Mythic and not GOA, one very simply reason. I wouldn't want to end up in the same situation as my characters are on Excal/prydwen now.

Frankly I can see it happening again down the line and in all honesty I just can't be bothered taking the chance that 1 year down the line GOA run WAR falls flat on it's face and we end up with half a dozen people running about an empty server.
Well daoc isn't really going all that well in US either. Its a Old game.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Well daoc isn't really going all that well in US either. Its a Old game.

Very true, DAoC has almost run it's course, but it has made 6 years so far and is still alive and kicking, not many mmorpg's can claim to have achieved that.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
im supriced nobody said anything about the xml who has been down waaaaaaay to much an goa nothing about it.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
im supriced nobody said anything about the xml who has been down waaaaaaay to much an goa nothing about it.

That's pretty much the most meaningless problem there is now,it also tells the state of euro daoc thought :mad:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
always enjoyed DAoC while i played, quit for personal reasons first time round, when i then started 2nd time round came back to a completely alien frontier, and loads and loads of empty PvE zones, i walked around catacombs for hours and didnt see anyone, the only places in ToA that ever seemed to have anyone in it was the main city and moderna (in mid anyway), the problem (from my point of view anyway) was a world designed with the idea of up to 5000 people wandering around in it, competing for space, with only a few hundred online at any one time, was a bit spooky. i dont blame goa for this as there wasnt much they could do to change the zones (apart from suggest things to mythic but dunno how much effect that would have), and the customer service wasnt that bad later on, only in the first few months of daoc where its was nicknamed "RightSomeTimeNextMonth" i seem to remember ;) and as for marketing the only place ive ever seen DAoC advertised has been in PC Gamer (which said it was a great game) and the expansions were reviewed there too (by this point it was a great game with OpenTransit problems)

so im looking forward to a new era for GOA and ex-daoc'ers (who will be in massive minority in WAR, as i can imagine thousands flooding in from the Games Workshops hehe) and well if 4 people can answer my questions reasonably quickly then im hoping 300 can do an even better job :)

cya in WAR

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Not really.

small_orly_owl.jpg

DarkSnaker

Fledgling Freddie
GOA did an ok job on DAoC considering MMORPG's back then where still in their infancy.

It was just the spoilt kids whining about stuff.

There will be a whole generation of greasy, spotty metalica fans ready to whine at whoever when WAR comes out.

What does Metallica have to do with this?!
Ah well, I like Slayer more :worthy:

SLAYER:flame:

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
talk of being about not playing on GOA servers. and instead, go over to the US servers. you have to keep in mind that what with the time zone differences, you are going to be having a pretty lonely time over there.

The only people making this suggestion is a very small community of old euro DAoCers. majority of the euro WAR community will not have ever heard about DAoC because of the terrible advertisement done. (**sidetrack** almost all UK daoc players i know off just found it by chance or word of mouth.)
they wont know about GOA's history of taking months to sort things out, and terrible setups and responses. they will quite happily play with all their friends on euro based time zone servers so they can get big population fights etc.

back to the original first post. if i am understanding it correctly, i agree, can not see any reason why English euro servers should be more than 1 day behind on patches and updates compared to the US servers. i can understand why foreign language servers are, because of the translation.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
back to the original first post. if i am understanding it correctly, i agree, can not see any reason why English euro servers should be more than 1 day behind on patches and updates compared to the US servers.

Just imagine the whine from French & German,and unfortunately they always were much more major force than English-speaking people on Daoc.

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Just imagine the whine from French & German,and unfortunately they always were much more major force than English-speaking people on Daoc.

Not just the whine. Immagine English servers being flooded by French and German people, just so they can have a look at the new patch before the rest of their server does. Results in English servers crashing, and a general not understanding of eachother, because most French people and alot of German people don't speak English.

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
dont think u will get that much of a flood tbh unless they have already got a max'd level char on the english servers, or they could just be doing that to american server already.

if they put in the time and effort for a 50 char on UK server, i think they would put in some effort playng that char, and i think we should be fine with that if it means higher population.

I dont imagine the servers would crash, your falling back on DAoC again, basing too much on that. its a new game, different technology, new lessons learnt from past mistakes.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
This all irrelevant for me:(.
I will go where Na Fianna Dragun goes, and i think this counts for allot of daoc players... they follow their guild.

So basicly... Requiel, you'd better givf them sum candy orsmt to make them happy!:D

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm going to play on the Euro servers. I played on Prydwen from start and quit last summer due to the low pop.

I don't blame GOA for the state the servers are in now, if it's anyones fault its mythics...they made the game hard to translate to other languages GOA just made the best of the situation. This time over it'll be diffrent.

I to lost items in that database/backup-failure, that's the kind of stuff that happends sometimes with computers...I was angry at the time...but it's been a long time since then.

And for those who don't like Open Transit... I'v played on the DAoC US-servers to, they lagg as much if not more...

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I don't blame GOA for the state the servers are in now, if it's anyones fault its mythics...they made the game hard to translate to other languages GOA just made the best of the situation. This time over it'll be diffrent.

And for those who don't like Open Transit... I'v played on the DAoC US-servers to, they lagg as much if not more...

Are you French?

Reza

One of Freddy's beloved
Any information on whether GOA will provide the same full "roll of honour" statisitcs for Warhammer as Mythic do (think its "State of the realm" on Mythic's site)?

Also, any idea on likelyhood of general xml based problems (e.g. after updates)?

A non overly flash based website would be great too.

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
Any information on whether GOA will provide the same full "roll of honour" statisitcs for Warhammer as Mythic do (think its "State of the realm" on Mythic's site)?

Also, any idea on likelyhood of general xml based problems (e.g. after updates)?

A non overly flash based website would be great too.

This time GOA will have same tools and utilities as Mythic (didn't for daoc). It will have the same stuff yes.

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
was preying that they might be bringing out XML stuff too. was great for guilds websites, and also those of us who are stats whores :) love comparing the size of my... online activity compared to others :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom